Dev Discussion GU73: Tanks

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrandonB Well-Known Player

I was curious about the speccing of skill points and mods, as well. If we're not getting the 2.2 boost from dominance, will there be any reason to spec into dominance, other than hitting the minimum to crowd control? And if that's the case, would we just be throwing everything towards health and maybe power?
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

So...im at 56k health (or something like that) with 120 SP in health stat, that would mean that my base health is something around 37k, we add the 50% and that equals 55.5.
    Would like to know what is the base health for other tanks is. Just to compare.

I know, i read it on the patch notes, but then in-game it says something different, thats why im asking. Is the "-50% healing in" in the Tank Current Effect is a typo? Or whats going on?
  3. RLManuel Committed Player

From what I've been able to to do on my tanks, I see no real problems with tanking... the only thing I don't like is Earth's stone skin visual, maybe make it like reinforce.. The visual for reinforce looks sooo much better now...
  4. RLManuel Committed Player

I agree about stone skin, I'd say make the visual like reinforce.
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...Dominance still affects your self healing and shields, just like Restoration do.
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

Also...why does Burning Determination has the same shield visual as Immolation if its not a shield? i dont get it, is a little bit confusing to know if your shield is still on. Would have been better if you let us keep the blue flame.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ully Committed Player

I've experienced some inconsistent behaviour concerning rage tanking. In regards to the healing back mechanic ( I believe its 80% ), I've noticed that in Tank role, I'm not getting healed back, at all. This has to be bug because it does not happen all the time. I'm experiencing this inconsistency in the time-torn zones and occasionally, in WC and SJ. I have another league mate that's also rage and he told me the same thing. If any other rage users are experiencing the same thing, I'd like to hear about.
  8. Ichiro Loyal Player

The change to rage tanking make me sad enough to actually come back here and make a post about it.

The team in charge have obviously missed the mark when reworking this power set. The main rage tank mechanic of rage crash is now only secondary to redirect rage shielding. the 4 second vulnerable period between severe punishment is too long to chain severe punishment together for full protection. The cool down on redirect rage is too long to use it as only a supplement to sever punishment. as a result the main mechanic for rage now is to use redirect rage as the main shield and severe punishment as the supplement to that when redirect rage is on cool down. Basically it is the same as ice we just rotate shields with little variation.

Rage was never meant to use the redirect rage shield. We are supposed to only use the rage mechanic through severe punishment to survive. This power has completely neutered of the parts that made it interesting. The high risk high reward is gone. Even rage crashed has been neutered. i don't know what the percent of damage a rage crash gets but its certainly not 100% of damage any more. I didn't even bother canceling rage crash last night as it had little effect to my health.

the new rage tanking method seems to be pop redirect rage walk around, pop severe punishment walk around, rage crash walk around, pop redirect rage again walk around. this tank power went from interactive and interesting to boring as ice. I tried to be interested in battle tanking by building combos but that soon got overly boring as well. At least before with weapon mastery I could make the ringing sound of dong weapon mastery correct as a skill and build power, now there is nothing but empty silence.

I would prefer to go back to 2 second vulnerable to chain my severe punishment together without using the bs shield and make rage crash mean something. it means very little if you can just crash all the time and have it make a very little dent into your health. why even have crash at all if that's all it is going to do. adding up some of the numbers last night in pvp it seems 10k in damage only crashes for 500 in rage crash

Oh and for something positive good job on making the redirect shield more powerful. Kudos to you guys. it was surprising to see it last longer than one hit. everything else gets two thumbs down though. sorry about that.
    • Like x 2
  9. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

Frost blast on ice is the same way
  10. BrandonB Well-Known Player

Gotcha, thanks for that. I've been a fire tank since launch, and I just can't wrap my head around the fact that we have a shield yet.
  11. Infinite Active Player

Please remove visual effect from stone skin. I don't like seeing spikes come out of my character. Part of the game is to create your own character how you like it. If you don't have a physical/natural power set at least let earth stay like that or if people need a visual effect let the people who know their power be able to choose to show it or hide it.

For PvP I understand but pve no one really needs to see if you have it on or off. Let that be for every power where you can turn your elemtal look off. Makes sense to me. If city of heros can do it you can to.
  12. pakuroto8 New Player

the sistema is kick me out from the game in screem flash or batman
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

The aura acts as a power interaction for combos. Combos do increased damage with aura active.
  14. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Happy feet parademon in Area 51 seems to wreck tanks when it dances... it one shots us.. seen it happen today twice. I'm atomic and there was an ice tank.. we shouldn't be getting killed when it dances. There isn't a tell for the dance so we can't even block... bug?
  15. Lacedog Loyal Player

Earthen grip does the pull animation twice. It did so on test as well, but I thought it was just the computer I was on.

Otherwise, I am happy with how earth has turned out.
  16. McShotzz Well-Known Player

199 in dwf with 2 199 healers and brick was dying about every 5 seconds. Aftershock worked incredibly well though to finish instance off
  17. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Technically stone skin is reinforces old animation ;)
  18. McShotzz Well-Known Player

You do know that stone skin and aftershocks aren't 100% the samw. Aftershocks was a set time were stone is based on how many times you performed the combo, it really does help seeing as each time the duration can be different. But keep complaining if you want.
  19. McShotzz Well-Known Player

As an earth tank with brick spawned and you switch to another armoy( has to be tank role) but doesnt have brick on the loadout doesnt despawn him like it should. Additionally having stone skin vfx active and switching to a dps armory the rock armor vfx becomes permanent on dps( without actually doing anything) until death and respawn or phasing into or out of an instance
  20. Lacedog Loyal Player

I forgot to mention the pet issue. I saw it either on the testing thread or somewhere else. if you change armories with a pet out, I let brick out of his cage, the pet will remain out even if it isn't in your loadout until it dies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.