GU73: The Stats Revamp - July 21, 2017

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mighty Committed Player

You really want to follow up a post about other people being toxic with this again?
    • Like x 4
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They're not white knighting anything...

I don't see it as big of a deal as others because there are still beta and alpha mods that serve the same purpose as synthetics and can even be pulled out for a cheap price of 200 ingame cash. Unless you're one of those people that actually relied on the stat boost from synthetics, beta mods serve the exact same purpose, mod to get affinity till you're ready to put a real mod into that gear slot.
    • Like x 2
  3. tyrose Level 30

i use beta mods as they are dirt cheap, but didn't say anything as anyone with an opinion gets jumped on here
    • Like x 2
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Ikr. The problem with betas after 2mor tho is how much will performance be affected because u obviously lose a large # of stats going from a SF mod to a syn mod down to a beta mod. The revamp is making stats matter so a large loss in stats might have big performance issues. Dont recall anyone on test using beta mods to test and see how performance was. Wish i would of looked myself.

But im not gonna just believe someone who says betas are ok just because they say it. People got away with betas now because of cr differential. And it remains to be seen what will happen going forward with that cause cr differential is gone 2mor. Unless someone has a video from test of running raids with beta mods in? If there isnt any video of that or some parse #s or any proof then i wont believe it until i test it myself 2mor.

And lets not forget how this community is. Back pre gu47 people got kicked for not having mods. Im sure every player out there has had a spiritual awakening, is 100% informed, and will treat their fellow players with the utmost respect and never be rude :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'm being a white----- knight lol, no i'm just tired of people complaining about such silly things when theres much bigger issues then synthetics are gone and ppl now have to craft beta's or higher mods. If you spent as much time in game as you did in here you could have crafted a few mods today that were better quality then synthetics.

Man i went to work, got a haircut, showered, went out to eat and 12 hours later people are still going on about this lol. Seriously though you really could have made a few mods if you just played the game instead of complained here today.
    • Like x 5
  6. tyrose Level 30

ok let me clarify my statement. I use betas until i get the gold gear then will mod it with best I can get.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Ding ding ding!
    • Like x 1
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Well...i was gonna use my old Tank Oly Gear Mods to Tank with my alt but not anymore. I will be converting them into DPS mods (that is if i get it right lol) and use the SF Mods on my main (which im farming SF Recovery Kits for the future).
  9. xD25x Dedicated Player

The box I got in test had enough for other roles. I don't know if it's going to be different for live though.
    • Like x 2
  10. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Proxystar #Perception

The reality is one you have a set of gear mods on an alt you have them forever so your argument that you forever need synthetic especially 6's which are weaker entirely collapses at the point you have those mods.

Is It crap you've had no warning of the change? Sure it is.

But What would you have done had they said they are being removed at the start of the stat revamp? Got a move On and made mods...

So instead of crying over spilt milk that's what you need to do.

If you're running 8 alts and its going to take you a long time to get them done then that's on you for running that many alts.

Am I sympathetic to the fact it'll take you a while to get the mods together sure.

But If You want mods go out and earn them you've got two places to them now olympian and special forces and you could mix and match and they'd still be better than synth's.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a wh!te kn!ght either it just means they disagree.

This issue will only exist for maybe 12 months while people mod up I honestly think the Devs are prepared to play the long game on this one.

I suggest you find a way to deal with the change and work on an approach to get your mods together :)
  12. ChillCat Loyal Player

Seriously, where's the real Proxy. This reply sounds too level-headed to be the real thing.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's not true at all. This is all your opinion. I mod my alts with synthetics and prefab because they are stronger than alphas. I have mods bought on alts waiting on gear with no heads up they are being removed. If they are, I won't be forced to care more about mods. My alts will end up carrying alphas and my main will carry the high end. That's all that's being forced.

Unless we are getting set up for the next cash grab, I really don't understand how them being in game has any effect on those that don't use them. AGAIN, you aren't MAKING me or others mod.

At the least, I might pass my worthless Olympian mods off to my alt, but I doubt it.
  14. Korlick Loyal Player

Ah i thought it was only converting the mods you have into whatever mod you wanted and not giving more mods than what you have.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It won't break you if you don't have current tier mods in your gear. You'll have to try a little harder, but it won't render your toon unplayable. Especially if you have the affinities.

Plus synthetic mods only went to T6, which is trash in the Revamp. I know cause T8 mods are trash in comparison to Oly and SF mods so if you were willing to rely on t6 for the stat buff , you may as well have used beta mods. Wouldn't make much of a difference either way.

At this point I think you guys are just trying to find stuff to nit pick about while attacking others and calling them a butt kisser for having a different opinion then the mass.

If betas weren't s thing, id join the masses in the riot, but I won't be losing much sleep over it.
    • Like x 1
  16. DCUO Addict Committed Player

And too evassive. I'm not used to Proxy avoiding direct questions, blunt, yes, but scared to give a straight answer? Definitely not Proxy.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I tried telling ppl that but no one wants to listen to logic, they don't realize the stat changes on mods cause (A) they don't get on test and test or (B) they would rather just complain then know the facts.
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

May I ask how much of a difference there was between the beta and T6 synthetics? If there's really not that much of a difference like you said in your post, I think that'll remove my skepticism heading into live.
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The post I made last night was like, if I remember, gear gives you 10,000 might about. Even full SF mods only give you about 1,300 might. 175 sp into might however gives you around 3,000 might. So SP is more important than mods.

Problem has to do more with PUGing. Rocking betas is likely to get you kicked, lol. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how the majority reacts.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Evading questions? Not being direct?

I think you're all being excessively melodramatic. Slap a beta mod in there get the socket bonus and start working on olympian and special forces mods.

I've already told you how to fix the problem.

Is that direct enough for you?

I just don't agree with synthetic mods.

Progress starts with you ;)
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.