GU73: Rage

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorcery Dps New Player

Rage still does very little damage, please buff some of the abilities such as outrage making it have 2 combos but they only have 1 tic each which is horrible, for raids rage will still be the lowest damage power in the game. It also needs some more range based damage as if you go into a raid as a rage short distance fighter u will die every time.
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

From my tests before when the Power first came into testing, you actually reach the MAX Health from the combo meter at around 20 hits. i spent pain staking hours registering each Combo hit to Health to see where the sweet spot was and it was around 20. Also the buff lasts (or should) for about 12 secs for those moments the meter resets and allows the player to work to get their meter back up. i was using One Handed during my tests and didnt take long with the help of the active abilities helping to increase the meter.

Its a valid concern and one even I worried about until I saw how low the meter was to get to the MAX Health.
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I just checked it right now, and they might have changed it. At 20 hits, it gave me about 2k health (out of the 5k i got total). It was only at 5k when i got to 50 hits. If you're on test, you could double check to make sure, cause getting up to 50 is a big problem.
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Rage is actually one of the better off Powers still doing decent damage especially at Melee. Tweaks to Rage Blast and Channel Hate have been requested but I guess the Devs seem them to be fine for the moment and you can still produce good numbers with using Dreadful Blast and Frenetic Bombardment.

If you have some data on how hard the abilities are hitting with your spec it would be most helpful to see from side where the low damage is coming from. Atm with Outrage having that extra combo puts it on par with Dreadful Blast with both of them being the Hard Hitting Combos for Rage.
    • Like x 1
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

I'll make some time to check it tomorrow evening after work. Thanks for the heads up.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I just checked again, using shield and bow. Max health buff appears to be whenever you see the SUPERMAN!!! with these weapons was 50. I'm going to double-check with a slower weapon now (means resetting all my sp, lol, hate that).

Edit: Nope, I was wrong. Has nothing to do with the words SUPERMAN!!! It's 50 hits on the counter, plain and simple. Guess us rage tanks better dust off our brawling mastery, lol. Get ready to throw those shurikens!
  7. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well poopers. No telling when that got broken. Yuck.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm guessing probably when they fixed the bug where people were stacking defense cause it would keep building up (I think i remember a bug like that, lol, can't remember exactly).
    • Like x 1
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

Alright boss Im on test now looking at this and I might be doing it wrong so let me break down my stats and formula (using excel)

Health - 26661
    Dom - 5538

Scar Tissue = Increase health by a percentage of your Dom up to a MAX of 100% of your Dom

So 100% of my Dom would be 11076.

So my Max Health I can get with the combo meter going up would be 37737.

No i can confirm your post, Combo Meter hitting x50 is the MAX your health will be set.

Now comes my problem doing my test. When I tested getting to x50 on the Combo Meter, my MAX Health got to 33307. i even went up to x100 and it stayed at the 33307. Playing around in Excel I found that I was not getting 100% at the x50 but it was registering 20% of my Dom which comes to 6646 (rounded up).

So round up:

Suppose to see on Test:
    26661 Health + (5538 Dom + 100%)
    26661 Health + 11076 Dom
    37737 Health TOTAL

Actually on Test:
    26661 Health + (5538 Dom + 20%)
    26661 Health + 6646 Dom
    33307 Health TOTAL

If you can check my math cause I feel it might be wrong but so far its matching what I'm seeing in the game. I'm only seeing 20% of Dom and not 100%.
    • Like x 2
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Hmm. I must have misunderstood, lol. I was only checking how many hits it took to get to the max, lol, so I didn't actually calculate the percentages. When I read about 100% of your dom, I was assuming it was the 5538. I thought that 11076 would be 200% of your dom. But I have no idea where that extra 20% is coming from. Great job checking those numbers. Now I want to find out where those 20% are coming from, lol.

At any rate, I rechecked today because I thought, well, you know, maybe since the buff lasts 12 seconds, if you stop your combo at 17 for example, but keep attacking after that (starting over at 1 but almost right away after the last combo), maybe it will let you refresh the buff or something. NOPE. If you combo stops at 17, you only get that minimal buff. The only way to stay at 100% dom is to literally get to 50, and keep going. You can not let you combo stop, or you lose the buff (after the 12 secs is over of course). Then you start all over again.

This is a big problem for rage tanks devs! I mean, we have to stop attacking to obey mechanics. We have to block if the boss lunges. We have to move around to grab adds. Can you bring the combo counter down to where Trex was saying? Like 20 or so for max health buff?
    • Like x 2
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

Again, my Math could certainly be wrong and i hope Moja can come in and set me straight. My health in my example was my buffed Health being in Tank Role so my calculations could be off. This is certainly where we desperately need the formulas IN the game part of the description. I like reverse engineering and using Excel as much as the next guy but its a better convenience for players to see the formulas properly so everyone can be on the same page.
    • Like x 1
  12. kraptastic Well-Known Player

In my opinion the hit counter should count the dots you have on the enemies. So if you have a dot on the boss you can follow the mechanic and block when needed and still have hitcounter going.
    Not on test myself so if it currently works this way let me know.
  13. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Rage
    • General:
      • Tank
        • Tank Passive now grants 50% Defense while not blocking, as well as Scar Tissue.
        • Several abilities in Tank Role now grant Fervor, a buff which increases Defense by 55% while not blocking. When combined with the Tank Passive Defense buff, this yields the same mitigation as (fortified) blocking. This enables Rage Tanks to actively attack while this bonus is on without losing survivability from not blocking.
        • Scar Tissue now grants a scaling Dominance-to-Health bonus based on your Combo Meter (which now triggers off hits from powers and weapon attacks). This was to fix the infinite health glitch from Live while giving Rage more consistency in its max health and encouraging Rage Tanks to attack to build up their survivability, rather than blocking.
  14. kraptastic Well-Known Player

Thank you!
    So basically we need to ensure we always have one long dot going at all times correct?
  15. Mactans New Player

This has to be addressed before it hits Live. There was no reason to change it from 20 to 50.
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

I've got some proper sleep so Im going to relook at my calculations cause Im sure I fudged it.
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Relooking at my calculations and I did mess up but I still feel like something is off when looking at the MAX Health you get with Scar Tissue. In game the MAX Health I get is 33307

In Game: (no mods, CR 190 using only the Test Gear Box)
    Health - 26661
    Dom - 5538
    Scar Tissue Max Health - 33307

Using my Stats, 100% of my Dom is in fact 5538 so I fubared that in my previous post but I'm still not seeing the right number in the formula.

26661 + 5538 = 32199

So I'm still not seeing the Max Health that is in game. Watch I just nerfed/fixed this lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Maybe it's counting the 5% increase to dom we get from Hybrid Mastery. I'll check that later. Nice job as usual, Trex.
  19. Trexlight Devoted Player

ah ha! I did forget that buff. I'll look at it after work.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.