GU73: Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yes, I checked healer role, they're also 100
    • Like x 1
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Which is what really disgusts me with the change. Celestial healing lost its uniqueness in a way. McB is a complete joke and not a viable heal or even worth putting in a loadout. Right now there is no PftT healing rotation that is viable for celestial that isnt unnecessary power consumption for the controller.

Honestly If you want to do damage as a healer you would be better off switching to electric, sorcery or nature and using a hybrid build and have weapons do your damage and save all your power for healing.
    • Like x 3
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, that should definitely be changed. One question, though you don't have to answer it now because you've been answering a ton of questions, lol. Are there problems with healing output for 2 healers too? Do people have a hard time staying alive? Or is it only for solo healing that the output is a problem? It was tough to see if Fatal's video because there the group was totally ignoring mechanics during the first fight and I didn't really see much issues with healing. What exactly feels off?
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Have you tried the powerset as hybrid?
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It would probably work on healing side, but it would take away everything that makes celestial unique, namely, combos.
  6. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I have tried both yes which I stated the differences in my original comment showing power costs/consumption. Looking at the playstyle over all for Celestial healing you would honestly be better off with the Superpower mastery and using the weapon combo or WM of your choice as a timer for HoT application. You get more power back using the passive power regen then you actually would using HB solar flame in hybrid because of the playstyle/setup of Celestial. You also have a larger power pool with the Superpowered mastery.

The thing is right now Celestial is already eating through power like its a snack and struggling badly at that's at a bugged 100 combo cost (Fatal found that earlier). So if it's this bad at a 100 combo cost when we get put at our intended 200 cost its gonna be even worse. The calculations I provided earlier are still spot on because they were done based on the 200 combo cost. Celestial healing is gonna have a hard way to go if changes are implemented before this goes live.

Will result in either going with a power spec killing your heals, or going with a resto spec and taking 3-4 trolls with you to heal...
  7. Revafall Well-Known Player

One of the best things about revamp is the options you have, I really wanted to play a full corrupted loadout, but there are no power interactions for any of the corrupted powers and none of them purify, so I guess we're stuck with no option when it comes to freedom there?
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Any word on if the power costs for both roles are going up to 200? Or just dps? Of if the bug was something totally different then what I found? Seeing this comes out in two days it's somewhat urgent to at least know what the fix is.
    • Like x 3
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's going to be a surprise!
    [IMG]
  10. spord Developer

You were right. Plague ->Corrupted Divine Light or Divine Light->Plague being the biggest problem, as shown in your videos. This is the change:

Celestial - Fixed the power costs for the following abilites. Each were 100 or 200 power less than what their output was calculated to use.

• Corrupted Admonish
    • Corrupted Blessing
    • Corrupted Divine Light (was 200 less)
    • Corrupted Wrath of the Presence
    • Cleansed Blight
    • Cleansed Consume Soul
    • Cleansed Death Mark
    • Cleansed Plague (was 200 less)
    • Like x 1
  11. Celestial Powers Committed Player

X_X...

I dont think these costs are told in the UI, the combo costs, could you give us a breakdown of the intended costs for them? Is the cost how much it is on the reciprocal side?
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You plan on keeping these separate from healer role.... correct?
    • Like x 1
  13. spord Developer

Divine Light is the only one separate in Healer role as Virtuous Light. If they were different because of lower power cost then they would heal for less. That is not something we plan to do.
  14. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Is increasing the power pool for healers something you all plan to do? Because right now healing with Celestial is pretty painful and this is only going to make that worse. Nature healing has insane power consumption as well.
    • Like x 2
  15. Heal up 96 Level 30

May Celestial live on in our memory it's been a good run. But with all seriousness is there any chance we could get power as a role buff for healers as well
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Thanks for the info. Basically, then Celestial is completely unplayable. It cannot be played as hybrid. Power Mastery doesn't return enough power. And reducing power will reduce damage. Are there any plans to tweak the damage calculations of combo powers (i.e. increasing them somewhat?) Otherwise there's no way to play it that I can see.

If reducing the power and increasing the damage were possible (for the second part of combos for example), it would help. That goes for HL too, I believe.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Right now the costs are 100 in healer role as well, cele healing was balanced around 100 costs this entire time, and it's inline with other healer powers. Increase the cost and you pretty much murdered any variety that Celestial has in healer role.

Me and charm did a test. I trolled for her while she simulated healing on the dummies. What she wpkld do in a raid. At pure spec with hybrid mastery, both her and I struggled with power (keep in mind I was dumping instant power right off cooldown). Then I had her switch to a more power heavy spec. She had split resto/power mods with power mastery. The difference was like day and night. She didn't struggle too much with power and I was able to stay up longer myself (while still spamming instant power off cooldown).

You increase these costs to 200 in healer role it's a wrap. Celestial healers would only be able to afford one combo in their loadout because they already eat up more power then DPS because they're more clip-heavy. They won't be able to afford to have both McB and AcB, or both AcB and WoTPcCS, because their power pool can't afford it. They'd be forced to spec and mod power, which would decrease healing out. If healers had a larger power pool like they do on live servers now, this may not even be an issue. Increase the cost though and it will. I know I won't be healing anymore. I don't enjoy just using only one combo in my loadout when I heal.

As one final plea, please keep the power cost increase sperate from healer role. Dps will be fine, not worried about them. Healing on the other hand.....
    • Like x 2
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Also, was this already implemented on test server? I'm heading on right now to test.
  19. spord Developer

No. I made the fix yesterday but we don't have a new build right now.
    • Like x 1
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

K, thx again for taking the time on this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.