GU73: Gadgets

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

Pen have you noticed if napalm grenade still misses? I tested Gauss, ng, cfo, cfield, emp, bb today in an alert and didn't notice missing.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I had it miss once out of like 15 casts.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

So it's like live Gauss grenade now?
  4. Revafall Well-Known Player

I've played around with Napalm Grenade in my loadout on keyboard and noticed that if you hit it twice quickly after each other, it will cast a second grenade after the first one, even though it's on cooldown, so it seems like the keystroke too sensitive, I don't know if this can be looked at?
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Bug Report:

Sticky bomb isn't splitting damage correctly. The intended target seems to always take full damage but surrounding ones seem to get split damage. I noticed it right before i got off and didn't have time to go back and really decipher the issue.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

This is the same for all grenades from Gadgets. I don't mind it much, just got to be lighter on my taps.

So that was reverted again?
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It is supposed to work that way.

The target that gets hit with the Sticky Bomb takes full damage from its own 100% damage pool. Everything around the target divides a separate 100% damage pool.

The way damage division normally works is that you have a large 200% damage pool that gets split up over multiple enemies. In the case of Sticky Bomb, you have two 100% pools with one of the pools going to the targeted enemy. This makes it a good power for doing focused damage on a target, but results in poor AoE damage.

Sticky Bomb did have a damage division bug much earlier in the Revamp process, but that was fixed a long time ago.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

The bug was that target gets full damage and the surrounding enemies takes full 200% damage, right? Where it was doing 300% on multitargets, correct? I know it was doing really well, but the way you describe it now, it should be fine, since it's still 200%. But that also makes it better suited for a somewhat single target option for bosses and adds.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Does Sticky still inflict dazed, and does dart still exploit it?
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

That bug was on live long ago and has been fixed long before the revamp. For single target it does the exact same thing as any other aoe power. The only difference is the damage distribution on multi targets, so it's good for priority target situations (think Ra's in Demon's Plan with his clones) but worse if you want evenly distributed aoe damage (such as on large add groups).

Both Sticky and Dart now exploit Daze, Frostbite, Burn and Electrify and don't inflict any PI anymore. Lots of other powers inflict Daze though including Stealth, Holo Decoy, and Stasis Field.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Blimey, sounds like they've changed quite a lot xD
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

They changed a lot more in previous versions but actually moved much closer to live in the 1.8 build. Sticky, PDart and EMP were made to interact with any PI in reference to the 1234 AM style. In my opinion the most interesting changes were in Stealth, I can see lots of potential there for both roles.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yes, I heard about Stealth. I'm looking forward to using that in both roles a great deal. My gadgets characters are supposed to be like sniper/blackops type characters, so the 123bigflashymeleeemp never felt right. I want to use stealth in close quarters and use long range powers on the rest of my tray.
    • Like x 1
  14. Penryn The Gadgeteer

• Like x 4
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

• Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.