GU73: Fire

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korlick Loyal Player

Revamp is ending soon, please do not ignore teh feedback giving in this thread.
    Fix the dovetail on Engulf (or atleast make it burn the enemies) and buff the health and self-heals.
    • Like x 3
  2. Moja Developer

We've got a fix in for Engulf dovetail. Other changes are pending.
    • Like x 10
  3. L T Devoted Player

And we love you for it Moja!
  4. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

I love this idea.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Not complaining, things are looking really good, but is there any chance at all to have absorb heat changed to the instant cast single target taunt and fireball converted to an AoE spammer(in addition to detonate). I could be dead wrong, but I don't think I've ever met anyone that uses absorb heat religiously.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Instance: Iceburg Lounge
    CR: 59

OK, so I'm not sure exactly what to make of this, but I just solo'd Iceburg Lounge as a fire tank. At CR 59. Yep.

Took off most of my gear, tried CR 41 and almost made it, but penguin's penguins would one-shot you at that range. Could've done it, but didn't want to go through the whole fight all over again. But 59, no problems at all.

Gear: 136 Shield, 133 Shoulders, 133 Mask, 136 Neck, x2 146 Rings, 136 Utility Belt

Stats: 14513 Health, 3280 Power, 2917 Defense, 2660 Might, 1183 Resto, 1272 Prec, 1183 Dom

Now for the feedback. This was honestly the most fun I've had in a long time. At first, I just wanted something that was a challenge so I could check how fire tank was handling (note: ramp up time for fire soul is awesome now, way better), so I went in at CR 154. Started taking pieces off and killing adds until got to 59.
    Peng-bot not a problem. Only close-calls kind of were with the black holes, but not really much of an issue.
    Penguin also not a problem except for the penguin adds. At 59 they still almost 1-shot you, but there's enough left to pop a soder. That was the only time I needed to pop a soder, half the time I could get by using engulf to set stuff on fire and backdraft for the heal. During the Penguin fight i did use all the heals (burning det, stoke flames and reignition once after the peng-bots almost killed me), but never felt in jeopardy, more of positioning issues.

The fight did take forever though. I think it took about 45 mins for the whole instance. But it was really fun. I'm not sure what exactly to make of all of this, mind you. Draw the conclusions you will.

TL;DR - Fire tanking is great now (in solos at least, lol), ramp up time for fire soul is awesome, adding PI to enflame gives you spot on your loadout for a SC. Lots of fun. Using hybrid, tanking in alerts without a troll is probably totally viable.
    • Like x 1
  7. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Ive been asking about the same thing in the Rage thread since these abilities are absolutely the same.

Probably Devs consider Absorb Heat and Channeled Hate too powerful but unless these got changed into a single target taunts, they wont see any play which would be a shame. They would be perfect for single taunts cause they are already hitting just 1 target and you can tag you target multiple times but when target starts to come at you can simply cancel the animation and block or attack depending on your tanking style.

On the other hand both Fire and Rage could use 1 additional 100 power cost range AoE spammer in the form of Fireball and Rage Blast. :(
    • Like x 2
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

good decision on the engulf and overall fire changes, now back to most important stuff , blue flame sfx?

i would prefer to use the animation for an ability both roles would use like for example stoke flames.
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

Fire
    • Stoke Flames - Shifted some of the budget in DPS Role from damage to healing.

So...this means reduced damage-increased heals, right? but...is it just for DPS role or tank also? Its a little confusing.
  10. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

My thoughts exactly. I like fireball's animation. You're literally throwing fire. Additional damage to burning enemies and explosions please :)
  11. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

I don't mind the blue flame, but the noise is disgustingly stupid
    • Like x 1
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

I dont care the sound , iam not playing with ingame sound anyway since quantum got released, gave later atomic sound another chance but wasnt the best decision either.
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I don't like the blue flame either. It doesn't seem realistic to me. Unless, well, maybe my enemies are made of propane or natural gas (or just farted, lol).
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. VioletSorceress Committed Player

My character does a weird jerky move to get back to normal position after using Engulf, it fast but it doenst feel normal. I thought Detonate was looking weird but now Engulf beats it.

Also, Fireburst and MassDet's power costs are paid at the end which is quite a drain at once. It would be better if half the cost is paid upon activation and another half upon hit.
    • Like x 1
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

i did not test this but what if u pay 50% and than u get interupted u payed 50% powercost for zero damage ?
  16. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Its still the lesser evil cause paying 400 at once eats about 1/3 of your power bar. Passive regen cant keep up with that.
    I think if you pay 2x200 it will be easier to recover even if you get interrupted.

Paying whole cost at the end would have worked with the AM but now we recover power in way different manner.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.