GU73: Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I understand that, I was just curious. How much resto do you lose with those 20 sp?
  2. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I can't tell you that atm since test server is down for an update. It also could be completely different when it comes back up dependent on the changes they are making. Sorry :(
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Another question, how is celestial's overall healing strength per heal? If you give a celestial healer a full power bar constantly, how does it stack up compared to the other healing powersets? Is it even, more powerful or less powerful (not taking into account the power issue at all). I have no way to test this unless by some miracle I can get invited to a raid group on test, lol.

Why I'm asking is because if the devs made Celestial's heals more powerful, then you might be able to make up for power costs by modding resto/power instead of straight resto. The question is if it's worth it.

If Celestial's healing output (independent of power) is equal or less than other powersets, then power consumption needs to be adjusted independent of heals.
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, have to see what changes are coming. Logged in to test other tanking powers and was greeted with the 7 minute warning, lol.
  5. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

At the moment all healing powers are under-performing especially HoT wise. If I had to scale them right now from best to worse it would be Electric>Celestial>Nature>Sorc. The only reason Celestial even ranks that spot is because our heals are burst/HoTs. Each healing power has its own problems right now. Elec is great on heals being burst oriented, but is suffering from long cooldowns. Celestial's biggest problems are HoTs being weak and power costs/consumption. Nature has the same problem as Celestial which is HoTs being too weak and power costs/consumption, but hurts more than Celestial because its a HoT based power focused around pheromones where Cele is a burst/HoT power. Sorcery has a ton of issues like bursts and HoTs being too weak, watcher being nerfed too much, no range, and no mobility. Some of Sorcery's issues were already existing like the lack of range and mobility.

Basically to sum that up they are each crippled and I really can't say between which is worse or better because they all function differently with different mechanics so each individual problem that each one has hurts them badly. There different mechanics is what makes them beautifully unique and shouldn't be changed to all work the same though. Each one should just be adjusted separately based on their design, functionality, and mechanics instead of trying to make them all follow the same guideline when they all work very differently.
    • Like x 1
  6. spord Developer

I found the power cost issue and will get it updated. Thanks for the reports.
    • Like x 3
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Now Im nervous... lol
    • Like x 2
  8. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Please don't say such vague things and make me and Fatal wonder who's gettin hit (DPS or Heal), and wondering if it's good hit or bad hit lol.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Nevermind, found the issue, RIP celestial. You were loved.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What, pray tell, is the issue? DPS? Nerf?
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

RIP Celestial Healing.......You were loved :( :( :(
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Cele combos are only costing a 100 when they should be costing 200, everyone thought they were costing 200 this whole time because they were updated to do that months ago. My replenishing adapter gave back 1246 power, a 100 power cost is 1100 power at 201 cr. I did a combo, and the 1246 completely refilled the combo'd portion that was consumed, so yeah.

RIP cele, cause it's going to effect healing as well.
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thats the thing though. When you play celestial like another dps power. Meaning no combo just cast, you burn through power normally but still have a higher regen than other powers. But spord found the issue, hopefully the healer cost will be looked into and hopefully they dont accidentally adjust healer cost to be higher while fixing dps.
    • Like x 3
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

This is hard to say really. I have been testing electric, sorcery and celestial. From what I found electric is the most power efficient. Cooldowns being the only real downside to the powerset, however an experienced electric healer can get around biocapacitor long cooldown.

Then there is restoration vs power pool. In which I am a strong supporter of power pool > restoration simply due to the fact that soder colas still scale of of a percentage of max health and power pool, which is useful when you are low on power.

Also situational heals and the fact that healing over time is not very strong, at least IMO. So burst >HoT. Each power excels in different situations. Example in current content with close range areas sorcery can be very efficient.

But what I found to be the most power efficient is a hybrid playstyle with electric.Celestial heals are powerful, its just the power cost that hurts the healing side.

I dont think increasing the strength of celestial heals is a good fix. Especially if we are looking at healer balance. Just power cost needs to be adressed.
    • Like x 3
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Thanks for the heads up. Actually, it shouldn't affect healing that much should it? Maybe that's why Cel's healing seems to cost more. Or are you using full combos to heal? I can't remember, I healed on test last week, lol, but my main healer on live is cel too, so I get confused between what's live and what's test, lol. Don't you basically only combo 1 power, and the rest just use the first portion?
  16. Celestial Powers Committed Player

You need to combo AcB frequently to make sure your HoT stacking since Celestial doesn't have many burst options other than Divine Light and it's Priority Heal. The only issue is HoTs from all power sets are underperfoming right now to where it's not strong or quick enough to deal with high damage which is the current situation with the Mechanics/Skull attacks being as they are right now.

So because of that more power needs to be spent on the burst heals more frequently then they should be which is why Celestial/Nature/Sorcery are having issues with HoTs in their loadout and Electric barely has any, Electric doesn't need to rely on Electrogenesis due to other tools available for it but the other three don't have that luxury.
    • Like x 1
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

On live I just about combo everything due to the fun.

On test though I combo only Admonish to Blight. Simply because I found battle healing on test to be impossible due to power costs, even when modding into power.

Power costs have really taken the fun out of celestial for me. And if no changes are made before the next DLC, I will most likely switch back to electric( I have not been electric since celestial came out).

I know on live I would use McB and then combo everything. On test though I am casting 1 power and then going straight into weapon attacks.
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If you only rely on AcB, sure. If you're like me though that liked doing multiple combos such as McB, WoTPcCS, etc, out if enjoyment and variety, you'll get pooped on badly. I don't enjoy just using AcB and will probably be salvaging my healer set if costs go up to 200 in healer role.
    • Like x 1
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You can't really battle heal with cele anymore anyway. The McB and BcM heals are too small to rely on, and the damage penalty on combos that both heal and do damage are too great. If the costs go up to 200, then you can kiss any chance of having a PFtT healing rotation with celestial good bye.
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That was my question Fatal, did you notice if the combos in healer form are also costing 100? I was thinking that maybe they're so draining because the healing ones already cost 200.

And I definitely agree that comboing stuff is way more fun, I remember comboing the shield for some reason on test and liking the effect. Some of the additional effects are useful too, when attacking enemies damage themselves or heal the person they're attacking, but for that power cost it's like forget it, lol. Hopefully they'll change it.

Maybe this is just me (I don't want to speak for anyone else) but I'm personally fine with the heals not being strong enough to heal to full as a solo healer, if they're trying to push 2 healers in a raid or otherwise a group of dps that actually respects the mechanics. But I'd like to have enough power to be able to play the way I want to play, and battle healing should be an option.

That said, I know we're like 2 days to launch (forget to check in with ChillCat's thread today) and it's probably not going to happen, but I wish it was.

TL;DR - even if we can't heal to full anymore, I'd like to have enough power to be pressing buttons and doing things all the time.

INB4 someone says "attack with your weapon, that's doing something". That's not what I mean and you know it, lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.