GU73: Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xD25x Dedicated Player

You should let the professional testers do their thing. If Fatal, a diehard celestial player, is saying it needs some tweaks than it probably needs it.
    • Like x 2
  2. zCaution Well-Known Player

Pro testers? LOL but anyway complaining about a power cost isn't "fixing" anything
  3. zCaution Well-Known Player

But anyway why do I care if the "diehard" celestial player messes up the power
  4. xD25x Dedicated Player

Right because he has been messing it up throughout this whole revamp. Why would he do that? It would be like acting like a female for 2 years then admitting to being a dude the whole time. Makes no sense.
    • Like x 3
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. xD25x Dedicated Player

I'm unsure of why your personally attacking me? Are AM babies really that upset? Lol.
    • Like x 2
  7. zCaution Well-Known Player

But anyway, stop being a white knight :3 I know you wanna be in the spotlight but it's not your turn :) I'm talking to fatal
  8. zCaution Well-Known Player

Lol AM Babies? That's a new Server worst word? Oh boy :p
  9. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Stop fighting in the Celestial thread..Take that sh*t in DM's............
    • Like x 2
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Guys, seriously. Let's not start this again. Let me sum up your feelings for the devs.

One tester, an experienced celestial veteran, believes Celestial is overperforming because power regen negates the use of a controller, but still puts out serious numbers. He wants power costs increased without dps increase. No word as to whether this was tested in a real world invironment with interrupts, etc., and whether melee or ranged loadout was used.

Another tester, who we shall not name, is against this idea. He enjoys playing celestial as it is now.
    • Like x 1
  11. xD25x Dedicated Player

Am baby. As in wasn't **** before AMs. Isn't **** without broken powers and basically just *** overall. I'll leave it at that and move along before I derail the thread anymore than we have. If you'd like to continue this in game then hmu.
  12. zCaution Well-Known Player

Thank you! He didn't say anything about real world runs. Test the power in real world then say the power needs to increase if it's still doing way more dmg then other powers with higher cost
  13. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

i got the footage of that run with Fatal and Celestial Powers too, i´ll share the link when its uploaded.
    Btw, it was on US raid at 189 cr. 5111 setup.
    • Like x 3
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I agree that that's important, but it would be better if you'd test it yourself and post your feedback instead of attacking other testers. Limit yourself to your own conclusions and let others do the same.
    • Like x 1
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

As much as I hate to come in here and throw Celestial under the bus the power regen is too good for DPS role. Healing side still struggles massively for power. I have asked repeatedly for a power cost cut to healing as Celestial suffers badly in healer role with either mastery (hybrid or superpowered). The healing side can't take the increase to power costs, but dps really does need it to attempt to level out the playing field in comparison to the rest of the DPS powers in regards to power regen.

I am just basically asking that you not implement this on healer role because it will kill any chance of Celestial healing that's left.
    • Like x 3
  16. Celestial Powers Committed Player

[IMG]

Scoreboard right after the gentleman ghost fight in USr

Top to Bottom:

Atomic DPS
    Celestial DPS
    Hard Light DPS (Came after a second attempt at grundy)
    Atomic Tank
    Sorcery DPS
    Quantum DPS (Had to leave after our first attempt with grundy)
    Quantum DPS (Had to leave after out first attempt with grundy)
    Electric > Nature Heal (Electric up until grundy fight then Nature for the remainder)
    Gadgets Troll

Now from what I can tell you, Celestial's DPS power consumption is broken. But in general, power consumption for all of the DPS seem really low. Hard to say whether this is because of the changes to the superpower focus or if the Might stat giving power is too much with all the recent changes.

There's a lot we've learned from the few runs we did today and this right now is the easiest one to explain.

(Don't be alarmed with the Sorcery DPS position, he didn't spec his SP into his stats besides his weapon lol)
    • Like x 4
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To add on to this, ala had 9.4 mil total, I had 9 mill, only 400 k behind him with almost 1/4 the power costs.
    • Like x 2
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Sweet, great job testing guys.
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

The problem with this last changes on power pool boost and regen is that is gonna take away the importance of the controller role from the Revamp. In all previous testings we reported power cost issues, but the buff was too much IMHO.
    It would be ideal to tone down a bit those changes, especially the numbers of the superpowered mastery bonuses, trying to reach a middle ground.

P.S. I haven´t tested the healing side of Celestial in months, so take in consideration the impact of the changes you may want to implement devs (if there is any), because Celestial healing has still issues to manage his power bar due to the power cost of the healing abilities. Celestial Powers and Charmed can give more detail information about it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Cele heal has issues due to clipping mainly. If you want to be the most effective you can be as a healer you need to clip. Clipping too much can drain you and the troll. Right now it seems to be at a good spot, so if they can do the same thing for celestial that they did for atomic and separate the power costs with both roles and only increase dps, then things will be balanced out and no one needs to get pissed on.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.