GU73: Sorcery

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Powers Committed Player

These examples are exactly what I could do with Celestial before they were nerfed in the latest update, then again these are also the exact examples which were fairly impossible to do as Nature even with a secondary Celestial Healer with me.

These were with the Restoration and Power spec "Test 2".
  2. Cyro Committed Player

Im not saying its impossible im saying its at a disadvantage compared to other powers. I know the devs have been testing it in house but what content have they been running through? Have you done sm where we are spread out or other content that also has us spread far from each other? So none of us are saying its impossible to heal content with it what we are saying is other healing powers are better off, this will cause people to leave out sorc especially in sm. No power should be left out from doing content. Now i know kicking certain powers is a player issues however by adjusting sorc to make it more inline with other the other healers it hopefully shouldnt happen.

To be clear the biggest issue right now is the range issues

CoP should be able to heal if you leave the circle, even if its at half strength.

Ritual word should give power to watcher, it seems odd that we need a non healing power on our healing bar. It makes the power feel clunky

Soul bolt and trans are the same ability so why would anyone use soul bolt since it can miss. If you arent going to change soul bolt there should at least be a buff to makeup for the "risk" of it missing. Also as long as we have shard people will ignore both of these powers.

Soul well, some people want its ranged increased which i can see be appealing however id rather see the power work like it does on live or at least to a degree.

Current top content has us very close together for the most part so unfortunately it doesnt really show an accurate portrayal of all the healing powers.
    • Like x 2
  3. Moja Developer

Survival Mode is not on Test and has never been on Test with Stats Revamp. It's being rescaled along with everything else, so any comparisons from live SM are irrelevant. Please focus feedback on content that's available on Test (Elite raids are good if you want a challenge). Thanks!

Edit: Our goal is parity in roles between classes (so Sorc healing should be just as good as Celestial, Electric, and Nature), but we also want a balanced game. Whether we want to make the game easier by bringing Sorcery up, or make the game harder by bringing other healers down is another question, and we're happy to take input on that. Are the raids on Test for EP27 and EP28 too hard, or too easy (with appropriate gear)?

Edit2: What tools do other healing power sets have that Sorcery is missing?
    Thanks!
    • Like x 3
  4. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Since we throwing out specs, can I get the troll's spec that you run with so I can compare standards and rotations possible?
  5. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

First off FOS SM was on test with the revamp back a few months ago. Also to answer the "Edit 2" Sorcery is lacking range, mobility, and functionality compared to the other healing powers.
    I think the Sorc players here are trying to get you to realize that (Cele player who came to help out). I think what you should do is actually go into some harder content with Sorcery and see how that goes. Go into larger maps and see the limitations of Sorcery from the perspective they have seen it in for years now. Playing the latest content isn't going to help you see that as it's close quarters which helps Sorcery alot.
    • Like x 3
  6. Kestral Committed Player

You have Ritualistic Word & Invocation of Renewal as a core loadout? Why?
    Invocation of Renewal basically does the exact same thing as Ritualistic World but worse. The animation takes longer and you are more than likely going to be interrupted anyways making using it wasted effort. If the ability is so vital that you need it twice as much then why not just reduce the cooldown of Ritualistic World by half and cut out the risk of failed healing.

I will argue that the core loadout for Sorcery is Boon of Souls, Rejuvenate, and Ritualistic Word.

Boon of souls- is the best tool for a healer as it prevents damage in the first place. You can HoT for damage that may occur or pop instants for every bit of damage taken but in the end preventing the damage from happening saves a lot of power and risk. Also, as I tend to be the only person in group that has a shield for more than myself that is not a hoarded supercharge it allows me to make it possible for the group to complete pickups and get various activators that they need without interruption.

A supercharge is vital for emergencies when solo healing, but you usually only get maybe 1 or 2 uses of it during a normal battle and as such is saved for hail mary plays. Which means the rest of your loadout needs to be able to function well enough to get through normal play with one less ability slot.

So after all that what I am left with for a loadout is a: shield, single target heal, 4 target heal, a rare OMG we are all going to die heal, and two more slots to keep this group alive. If I want the watcher to provide the HoT both of those slots now go to keep up a pet that feels nerfed compared to live when it used to take only one. While I spam a ability to provide power only (which is not my job) and no other benefit to my healing.

The reason I believe a HoT spell that is capable of healing every member of the group not just one or two people that happen to be near it is required to fill the rest of a loadout is simple; power conservation and cooldowns. When I'm running out of power because the Troll died/struggling or waiting for my cooldowns to finish, HoT allows the group that few seconds longer of hanging on with a fraction of life left for me to save them when my instants are ready again.

Personally I've always wished that the targets for CoP and Soul Well could be switched. As in I want Soul Well to go on a target next to the tank who isn't going to move around much and thus it doesn't matter that the range of effect is minimal and CoP to go under the healer providing a reasonably large area for healing away from the battle. Being able to add both of these abilities to my loadout would do a lot to fix the issues i've seen with HoT as sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  7. Celestial Powers Committed Player

In my honest opinion with 6 years+ of playing this game and eventually become a very experienced healer dabbling into high SM rounds (11-14+) and beating elite content competing for server firsts I can say without a doubt if you end up doing that you will destroy the desire of anyone else wanting to play this role.

I'm struggling to Solo Heal with how these design choices are, anyone else who has my mindset trying to be the best at their role is also going to dislike these changes. It's just about bearable with Celestial and Electric, it's not fun but bearable.

Solo Healing has largely been based on content design on live, regardless of the content in this revamp it's fairly difficult to do it now which means in actual difficult content it'll pretty much be impossible. So for someone like me, being punished because of the perception that it's overpowered, spam friendly and takes no effort. Well let me tell you, the powers play pretty much exactly how they did with the Origin Crisis raids, AF2s Throne of the Dead, as well as current episodes elite content and all the survival modes that came throughout, people are using 2 of each role in the average group, only the experienced players are using a solo of their role.

Not only this but due to AMs/WMs and the damage inflation fights aren't lasting as long, increasing the duration of the fight automatically makes it more difficult to solo heal because there's just more risk all around, to stay alive, to manage your power (as it is on live) or to save up certain abilities that actually had long deserving cooldowns. I feel like the sudden desire to nerf the support role was extremely rash and wasn't considered in this perspective.

(Sorry all this isn't Sorcery related)
    • Like x 3
  8. Kestral Committed Player

The ability to heal the team over time no matter where they are in the room even instants don't reach across the rooms fully for boss battles in many of the larger maps.
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

FTFY ;)
    • Like x 4
  10. planetkiller500 Active Player

So you want sorcery to have the same range as celestial i support this 100 precent.
  11. Fearless Fury New Player

Thank you, Celestial Powers, for making yet another great detailed post(s). I would also like to say thank you for all of your hard work with all of the testing you have done through out this entire process. I hope Moja is able to understand where we the Sorcery players are coming from now.

You can internally test. However, you are more then like always running with the same people. I most people case they are not always with the same people. There might be a new person in the group that does not fully understand how mechanics work. They might die a lot. The troll might not know how to troll properly yet. Then tank might not be able to hold the aggro. I think you get where I am going with this.
    • Like x 2
  12. DanXVII Committed Player

HARDER, bring em down to Sorcery level, which is how the game USED to be.
    The game is easy enough already, if you buff them all up you may aswell not have touched support roles to begin with and we'll be back at square one cheesefest faceroll solo heal DPS Universe.
    • Like x 1
  13. Duck X Active Player

Offering should be made a clipping power like it was done to earth's fortified golem. Also is fury intended to be hitting much weaker than crystal?
  14. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

Please fix Circle of Protection to how it is on live. When you leave the circle you still retain the healing over time benefit.
  15. Kestral Committed Player

Yeah most groups at or near level could never do that anyways.
    I run with both my League and Que instances for Raids of all level. People who stand in the fire at level or do stupid things like agro Superboy on BN before clearing the adds just die. The fact that I believe I have a higher average SP (I am still running into que groups in DWF with 70-100sp) than most which allows me to keep some up for long enough that the PS3 players can register they are standing in fire in the first place is not being able to ignore mechanics. It's just the ability to give players a chance to recognize that mechanics are occurring without foreknowledge of the instance.

Shoot in current content there isn't much difficult healing happening yet- because everyone is just getting oneshotted. Granted that's because they have not yet modded their new gear. Not that the raid itself is too difficult and we are able to still beat the raid; with a ton of deaths. However healing will actually become more difficult as soon as they add some health or defense to their stats and start surviving the initial damage and I am actually able to work to keep them alive.

You can't heal death.
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Current endgame you dont notice sorcery's shortcomings due to the small cooridors and hallways and close quarter fights. This is where sorcery and electric shine.

However balance cannot be based around that and if you are going to be true to the 5-1-1-1 here, which all pug groups are mostly consisted of due to the group finder in this game, then healing range needs to be balanced across the board to where no healer powerset has a superior advantage over another based off of the raid location.
    • Like x 5
  17. WildcatHunter Committed Player

One of dcuos successful competitors recently added the ability for healers to pull party members out of bad spots. I would love something like this to gently help people understand "hey that's killing you".
    • Like x 2
  18. planetkiller500 Active Player

Its nice to see the healing get a buff in the latest hotfix but, we need cop to work how it does on live. Circle of protection needs to heal pepole when you step out the circle.
  19. IonHero Committed Player

Would it be possible to have 2 versions of summoning? 1 for Total CR and 1 for Equipped CR.

That way if we wear OP gear, we aren't punished for wanting better stats,
    and if we can choose to summon at a lower CR if we want to challenge something (possibly make it so this version must be used in PvP matches)

That or just always summon at the higher CR.
    • Like x 1
  20. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Really not understanding why the pets aren't based on our stats by now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.