GU73: Earth

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

First of all Mr "I want to get long winded," you assumed Crappy was new to earth because you explained the functions of fortify golem to him as if he didn't know what he was doing or talking about. Can't tell someone else not to assume stuff about people when you do the same thing. My reply, while snarky it is, was aimed at the part where you said "you cannot clip any power with fortify golem, therefore there is no different between sorcery" which is 100% false and what I corrected you on. I'm sure you were fully believing your statement when you said "now go test fortify golem" and I'm sure you expected crappy to come back and say "oops, I was wrong, my bad." Which is probably why you got offended and long winded with me because you found out you was wrong. Oops, there I go making assumptions about people again.

You can have a seat.
    • Like x 5
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Actually (man it's exciting having you back) his comment wasn't snarky at all, and it wasn't directed at you either. Yours was exceptionally snarky.

Example: (not snarky) Actually, you can clip powers with fortify golem."
    Example: (medium snarky) Actually, you can clip powers with fortify golem. :rolleyes:
    Example: (trying to start problems) Actually, you can clip powers with fortify golem. Which you'd know if you actually were ever on test."
    Example: (attempting to have your post removed) Actually, you can clip powers with fortify golem. Which you'd know if you weren't such an idiot."
    • Like x 6
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Crappy helped make a damage assessment thread with every power and play style in the game and he was having some guy telling him how fortify golem worked because he made an honest mistake in a video. So yes I replied with a snark remark because I found his first reply to be part snarky.
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

If you read his post again, I'm pretty sure you'll find it to be more of a "I'm sharing information with you," than an "I'm insulting you," thread. Also, you're assuming he knew that Crappy had made a huge damage thread. How do you know he was even aware of who Crappy is?
    • Like x 4
  5. Celestial Powers Committed Player

I mean, if you're trying to provide accurate and relevant feedback you'd probably always check this:

[IMG]

Which should eventually lead you to a thread Crappy and Mighty made which gathered two dev replies!

[IMG]

[IMG]

Now I don't know about you, but If I'm going to post some feedback I'd want to make sure all angles of it have already been covered somewhere else wouldn't you? It'll make a devs life much easier :).

Link in case you or anyone else needs it: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gu73-overall-damage-balance.288588/
    • Like x 5
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, you are definitely quite the dedicated tester to do all that digging.
    • Like x 2
  7. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

You thinking his reply was snarky is all on you. Check your attitude, I'm tired of people throwing this kind of BS into feedback threads. You're not contributing so knock that crap off.

At VL, have you done an assessment on Earth tanking? Can you let me know what you found? (doesn't have to be on here in view of the trolls)
    • Like x 5
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Crappy was testing the wrong powers, someone pointed that out, he admitted he was wrong and corrected it, and a fellow tester found something wrong with the correction? C'mon man. That is a problem, even when you all are wrong no one can say anything? Lmao wow and he got likes, even from the player who was testing wrong power
    • Like x 5
  9. Mighty Committed Player

He demonstrated the wrong power in the video, because he's been up most nights until 3-4 a.m. testing stuff, and he was tired and made a mistake. His test and his comments on it, were 100% correct. Check out the video he posted in correction.
    • Like x 5
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Guys, can yall take a chill pill? Seriously, look at what this thread's become. Nothing short of back and Forth Bickering.

Everyone tests differently and mistakes get made. It happens and it's certainly no reason for a good thread like this to start going off topic.

Not directed at anyone in particular, just this needs to stop while it's ahead.
    • Like x 3
  11. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Attacking Fatal just made the situation in this thread sooooo much better.......:rolleyes:
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The point is the person who told him the powers were wrong was attacked. I agree what he was saying because it was fact(crappy). The player who corrected him in a nice manner was attacked because of what? Even Crappy admitted the mistake and corrected it with no conflict
    • Like x 2
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

So fatal can attack for no reason? Fatal started this entire conflict.
    • Like x 4
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

You replied to all except who started the conflict.
    • Like x 4
  15. The VL Active Player

Incorrect. I made absolutely no assumptions here. Explaining the functionality of a given power does not equate to addressing someone as new. This happens all the time, even in raid strategies/discussions; as an example: "I'll use this shield when that mechanic takes effect because this shield does _____ ." Do you think fellow players in that group would make a snarky and rude comment because "I'm not new to what that does or that power so I don't want to hear it"? Quite excessive. Unlike you, who assumes someone doesn't test because "if you'd been on test you'd actually know." I even noted in my original reply how I could have said he was new and that would have been incorrect, therefore I did not in the first place. You ran a full circle here and made an invalid argument. You also failed to address other points which negate your idea that I do not go on test. Not once did I make the claim that he is new to the power, so there was no assumption or accusation made. If I had it would have sounded like: "That's Reinforce, not Fortify Golem. If you'd been on test you'd actually know." This an open forum for testing, everyone is welcome to test here. Mistakes and corrections happen. I was corrected by Crappy/other players long before you came on here with your unnecessary 2 cent 2 sentence reply (1st sentence being unnecessary and redundant, 2nd being a rude and direct false accusation based on a false assumption.) If I had cared for an apology letter for a simple mistake I wouldn't have bothered to write out proper comparisons as I did for him to potentially test.
    "Oops there I go making assumptions about people again. You can have a seat"? I'll sit and stand as I please, thanks. Consider reevaluating what speaking that way in an open testing forums where people and devs rely on facts rather than false accusations and assumptions means, especially when they have no relevancy to the testing itself. You may also want to deviate from the name calling, its really not helping.
    You, you who is not Crappy, found my reply to be snarky? "Crappy helped make a damage assessment thread with every power and play style in the game and he was having some guy telling him how fortify golem worked because he made an honest mistake in a video. So yes I replied with a snark remark because I found his first reply to be part snarky."
    Because I explained how two powers work? That's quite the low bar to declare something as snarky, and then be so rudely defensive about. Let me ask, did this hurt some sort of ego? Did it hurt Crappy in any way, shape, or form? Never-mind, you're not Crappy. Crappy didn't at all seem upset when he replied and corrected the video. Would you like me to click "Like" on his reply to my original post? Will that help? This is an open forums for testing feedback and discussion, There was no malice or "snarkyness" on my end. Its great that he tested all these things as you've mentioned and I'm glad he took my reply constructively as a tester and edited his video so there is no inaccurate information out there and issues can be addressed. It could have been extra work for Devs if they had changed Reinforce rather than Fortify Golem before realizing the error and having to fix both. It could also have been quite the discredit. I have no issue with being incorrect about my original reply regarding Fortify Golem/Reinforce, I replied because I wanted accuracy. I see Crappy on here liking your replies but given how he replied to my original post it doesn't seem like he(who my original reply was targeted towards) has an issue here. If he does I'd be more than willing to talk about it in a PM as its not appropriate content here. I'd much rather make long winding replies explaining and sorting issues rather than be snarky, rude, and quite possibly offended for someone else.
    • Like x 4
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yep, honest mistake and he was spoken to as if he didnt know what he was doing or talking about, which I found insulting.

Point is, fortify can be clipped with offensive powers and offering can't, which I hope the devs got a fix coming for today.
    • Like x 2
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Locked for now. Reopened.
    • Like x 2
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Update 21/07

After playing solos and duos, Earth seems very fluid in both roles. No bugs found at the moment.
    • Like x 1
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Bug: Crystal does not despawn when changing Armories (those that don't have Crystal).
  20. L T Devoted Player

BUG REPORT: Unstoppable is flagged as beneficial and can be used to clip other abilities. It's now a damaging, crowd controlling supercharge generator and not a tank break out. No other supercharge generators can be used to clip.

You can't use Fortify Golem to clip other abilities anymore, which is in-line with other power sets.

Crystal is still hitting twice per Fortify, while Fury hits once. Each Epicenter does a little less than a transmutation, but Crystal is still doing about 70% more damage than Fury. If you want crystal to be different than Fury, how about making one of them cast a true DOT power?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.