GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

TL;DR - "I'm getting sick that people don't share the same opinion that I do. I'm the only one that can have an opinion."
    • Like x 6
  2. YinChakra Dedicated Player

How did you arrive at that conclusion from the text you quoted?
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'm not the one in here pointlessly arguing over a issue that has a fix in the works. Just wait and see what happens then leave feedback about it once theres something to give feedback on.

And i didn't say you couldn't have a opinion but to keep posting on something that has a fix coming and you don't even know what it is is just adding to the nonsense in this tread.
    • Like x 8
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is just so you can see what the devs intented with Weapons Expert (and why using it otherwise it basically an exploit since it wasn't designed for this). From the Stats Revamp 1.6 Power thread:

Playstyle Choice

Another concern you have routinely expressed is the balance between the three playstyles - Hybrid (Standard), Play from the Tray (PftT), and Weapons. The challenge here has been, most simply, that making either PftT or Weapons better also generally makes Hybrid better to some degree.

With today's test update, you can now spend a skill point in either Weapon Mastery or Power Mastery to specify your playstyle preference and take on the appropriate benefits and limitations.
    • Players may choose Power Mastery to disable power regeneration from weapon attacks and gain increased passive power regeneration, allowing you to more effectively play from the tray.
    • Players may choose Weapon Mastery to decrease passive power regeneration and gain increased weapon damage, allowing you to more effectively play with your weapon.
    PLEASE NOTE: This is a prototype of the concept. We are looking to gauge your feedback and interest in this concept before finalizing implementation. As such:
    • Hybrid players should choose neither Weapon Mastery or Power Mastery.
    • No players should choose both Weapon Mastery and Power Mastery. This is kind of silly, anyway, and won't be possible in the final implementation of the concept.
    Please let us know your thoughts!

In other words, Hybrid was already performing superior to PftT and weapons-only (and it still is, as your own investigations have shown). Introducing WE was never designed to make Hybrid even more powerful than it already is. You're just defending using it because you want your playstyle to have an added buff. Talking about power-regeneration is moot because you and I both know that players in raid situations could care less about power management if it means more dps. And despite what you say, it's not that hard to balance the three playstyles using the concept they already have.

Power Mastery: Buffs Powers Damage by a certain amount (10%-20%?) and Innate Power Regeneration, Weapon combos do not regenerate power. Weapon combos damage debuffed by 10%-20%.

Hybrid Mastery: Neither weapon combos or powers are buffed/debuffed. Weapon combos regenerate power.

Weapons Mastery: Weapon combos receive a buff (10%-20%?), powers receive a debuff or 10-20%. Power regeneration is significantly reduced. Weapon combos cannot be clipped with each other. They naturally do, even when using weapon buff, 20% less dps than hybrid. In a raid environment, the troll buff of 10-20% makes up for this loss, balancing the playstyle.
    Why is it important to make total weapon damage 10-20% less than other playstyles? Because it makes trolls necessary in content.
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Again, you don't know what the fix is. And if you feel you want to stop posting, be my guest. As for me, I'll keep posting to make sure the devs take my feedback into account. Once the fix arrives, I'll post feedback about that as well. What you do is up to you, and I respect that.
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

7. The Anxient Loyal Player

Not saying I agree with it but that is where ppl are coming from. I think all powers but combos should be maximized as hybrid.
    • Like x 1
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Again either agree with what a certain group says or get responses like that. Seems to be an ongoing thing lately. I was unaware some people have the right to tell others when they can/cannot post. Been going on for the last week or so. All i see is a specific group of people who think everyone should agree with them. And if ya dont the insults start. Getting a little old. There is a way to disagree with people and not be rude about it ;)
    • Like x 7
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I don't care if he agrees with me or not but posting over and over about the same thing when we know changes are being made is just a waste of time and more useless posts that the devs have to read through. If you got feedback leave it but posting about the same thing over and over when we know there is prob a solution to the issue coming in a few hours is kinda pointless.

Its even getting annoying to me when im trying to read through this for legit issues so i can go and test them for myself
    • Like x 6
  10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Coming from the guy who couldn't post footage or describe a situation to get quantum's time bomb changed despite supposedly playing on test and complaining about it for months, who also resorted to talking anonymously about others instead of disproving their solutions, who trash talked all the testers who put in hours to test balance between the powersets, you are the last to talk about disagree'ing without being rude. At least when I'm rude about something, I end up being right and I can prove it.
    • Like x 8
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Proved my point 100%. Provide footage? So because i cant record that somehow means anything :rolleyes: And yup i trash talked tons of testers. Ok. :rolleyes: If i said anything its about my previous post. There is an obvious group of people who think their opinion is fact and no one can disagree.

Yes i wanted time bomb not to be a part of quantum dps anymore. Thats my opinion. When quantum initially went live not 1 person used time bomb as a dps. I stated i wanted it like that again. So i really didnt have to disprove anything as far as time bomb goes. Its slow and they made it even slower. The damage on it is capped too. Pretty solid argument if ya ask me. Quite a few people agreed too. And i main as quantum. But u certainly dont see me in the gadgets thread or earth thread or fire thread or every powerset thread. Oh last thing, are the powersets balanced? :rolleyes:

I will admit sometimes i could word some stuff better. But i sure dont recall calling people names or directing insults at anyone. And no asking a question is not an insult despite what some people think. Neither is raising a concern about something. Or having a different opinion ;) On a side note ive also privately pmd a few people and apologized for the way ive worded some things because my edit time ran out and i didnt want to continue a back n forth and derail a thread.
    • Like x 8
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Would you care to show where I'm posting over and over about the same thing? Also, what makes you feel that they're "useless" posts? We could say that anything we post is useless because the devs are going to eventually fix it? Is posting about fire tanks needing more survivability options "useless?" Is posting about Sorcery healers needing more buffs to healing "useless"?

The devs have a fix coming in the works for that too, I'm sure. Or do they? How can you be so sure of what they will and will not fix?
    • Like x 3
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

14. xD25x Dedicated Player

Can we just get back to the testing feedback? Besides, it's been awhile since Mike B has had to body someone. It's probably best to let the bear sleep. Js
    • Like x 5
  15. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

• Like x 4
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well i see we've gotten to the pissing contest of Revamp feedback. Guess its time to shut the thread down since obviously nothing important is now being said.

See yall on Wednesday.
    • Like x 2
  17. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

Is it shut down yet?

Edit: Guess not
  18. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

I'd say Hollow won the pissing contest..Just an observation though.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No offense Trex, but This entire thread and the earth one has gone through nothing short of bickering, and your comment added nothing meaningful to the stats-revamp topic at hand either.

Honestly this and the other earth thread needs a massive clean up and we need to get back on track.
    • Like x 7
  20. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Really?

You swoop in just to chastise other posters and instead of talking about cleaning up the thread you basically pull a Cartman.

[IMG]

The revamp needs more time and you're trying to shut down discussion for.. uh reasons? I mean really? Not helpful.
    • Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.