GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

If that happened then weapons would suck and combos and pftt would be to good. If power mastery just got a 10% buff we'd be cool.
    • Like x 2
  2. BumblingB I got better.

So like vortex cannon and napalm?
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Vortex Cannon has a stun component on it in Controller role.

Napalm Grenade works if you can get it to hit. Sticky Bomb is more reliable.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

I keep forgetting they lowered sticky's cost. Napalm really is annoying on how it misses. I hope the last patch over the weekend addresses it, but *shrug*.
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Nah lowest level adds were being stunned for 3 seconds. There is even video of it on yt. Not recorded by me tho. But it was like 10 days ago. I have trolled on test since then but didnt pay attention to the length of the stun cause i was looking at other stuff. Maybe it was changed idk. But i guess it depends on when ya count. Cause i saw adds get knocked down but then stood up and the stun lasted 3 seconds. But like i said it was 1.5 weeks ago.
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

There needs to be a way to get hybrid players to actually use Hybrid Mastery (which was designed for them). Weapons Expert was specifically created by the devs to address the problem of weapons-only players not being able to compete with Hybrid, not to buff hybrid players even further. Like some have said, the fix is pretty easy. In Weapons Expert, weapons are buffed significantly, but power damage is reduced by 20% (basically like a support role). Hybrid stays as is with no buffs or debuffs in either direction.
  7. Mighty Committed Player

I guess my main issue with this is, why should using just weapons and a weapon buff be on par with hybrid or combo/channel pftt? Using abilities costs power, which is more of a scarce resource than it has been for years. Why should the guy just banging off weapon attacks using almost no power be on the same footing as a player clipping abilities and weapons and managing her power resource? That's not specifically directed at you, but I've seen this "just weapons needs to be balanced with not just weapons," sentiment a few times, and it seems extremely backwards and myopic to me.
    • Like x 5
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That may be the case with you (not attacking you, just saying that's your point of view), but it's what the devs have stated as their goal. If it wasn't their goal, then Weapons Expert would never have been invented and we'd still have only speccing into power or hybrid. And I think the goal is for playing only with weapons to do overall less damage than the other powersets, but for that troll buff to make up the difference and bring it up to par. You like clipping, I get that, and weapons-only doesn't let you do that. But some comic book characters use only weapons, and some people like it. My point is, it's the devs goal and the reason WE was implemented.
  9. Ringz Dedicated Player

That debate been a thing since this revamp started. Of how say, ' someone using a playstyle excluding one of the combat systems, should be on par vs someone using both.

I'll even argue and say that made this revamp more complicated than it should be
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Another thing to keep in mind is that in order to do significant damage, the weapons-only player has to be exposed to risk of interrupt/lunging/block constantly, and probably have to be in melee range to even be close to competive. I've been checking the numbers on the combos/weapon mastery and yeah, they're OK, but not on par with either Hybrid or PftT at all. They need the troll buff to bring them up to a similar level.
  11. Mighty Committed Player

Lol, I'm hard light. Zero sympathy on risk/reward and melee damage. :p
    • Like x 4
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, I love HL too. But in the revamp, even HL players don't have as much risk of interrupt (well, maybe that's subjective) as someone using weapons. After all, a blocking enemy doesn't do anything to you if you're using powers. Still, I agree that Combo powers also need a buff to put them in line with other powers, because the level of risk/reward is much higher.
    • Like x 1
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

I see your point but the devs announced that it would be one of the 3 playstyles they would be balancing.
  14. xD25x Dedicated Player

Ito hard to imagine having 3 balanced playstyles when we haven't had 1 balanced playstyle for the past 3 years.
    • Like x 3
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Welcome to what sorcery has had to deal with for the past few years.

I agree though. No power should EVER miss. If it's programmed that way, it should be compensated by hitting harder.
  16. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

To me, this is where they messed up. We should have really only had two play styles. Hybrid, or clipping, and PftT. It would have been so much easier to balance. I don't really get the weapon focus play style anyway. Why would you only want to use your weapon?
    • Like x 2
  17. BumblingB I got better.

May I direct you to Gauss Grenade? Been like that for ever too. I don't understand projectiles in this game anyways. They were able to fix Heavy Shuriken, why can't they do that with grenade lobs?
    • Like x 2
  18. Ringz Dedicated Player

Same as those who would say the same as "theres superheros that only uses their powers". Crazy in a game sense if you ask me. Your basically gonna be using nothing but SC buff and wep buff from slot + weps, but asking to compete vs hybrif and PffT. Though i do sport the image of me smoke bombing in raids and competing in damage :rolleyes: , there's just no way. Its truly ludicrous(yes i meant the rapper).

But i guess at least thats where the WE mastery slot comes in to make sense of things.
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

A weapons only playstyle will never be balanced with hybrid, pftt and combo's and to think so is being naive. Heck pftt is never going to be entirely balanced with combo's and hybrid. I don't know why some of you have this idea people who play hybrid should only spec hybrid, if theres a way to get more weapon damage and you can afford the reduced power regen then why wouldn't you go for the extra weapon damage. The hybrid node is used for low power situations and support roles in some cases its not what hybrid players MUST spec into.

Instead of everyone crying bloody mary over this theres a simple solution and the devs have already stated they are working on bonuses for the other mastery's so i don't even know why this is a ongoing issue when we don't even know what in store for them. If supercharged got a 10% might damage buff and a weapons penalty when used everything would be fine.

I don't know about others but im getting kind of sick of page after page of stupid and pointless arguing in these revamp threads. Sure theres a discrepancy between hybrid and combo/pftt but its already been addressed and all we can do is wait and see what happens. Some of the logic in this thread is so laughable and so many ppl are out of touch with this game.
    • Like x 3
  20. Perdition Committed Player

Just remove Weapon Expert and keep Hybrid and Power-mastery. weapon expert is gonna be used different anyway then the way its designed to, dpses are speccing into it now just to get that extra weapon-dmg. their powermanagement isn't gonna stop them from doing this. the only thing they gonna do is shout ''MORE MANA'' to the trolls. Just weapon attacks are never gonna be on par with a top hybrid loadout anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.