GU73: Mental

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlreMint Active Player

NP man, I wish I had joined the testing earlier but was really busy... even now I am really busy but f it :/

I dont know how to feel about switching Terror Tendrils and Mass Terror PI applier-PI bonus but I see the logic in your reasoning, it makes sense for Mass Terror to apply terror and then Terror Tendrils explode that terror (because they literally explode now ;])

Invisibility does need its shield, it is a 300 power cost and it would kinda suck to be kicked out of it right after using it, it needs its shield but it is too strong atm, it should be similar to Grandeur's shield strenght imo maybe a bit weaker since it has other advantages over Grandeur, rendering it obsolete.

If Reflect Pain scaled based on Dominance and Restoration it could be a really interesting alternative for 'Battle Trolling' ;].

I really hope the green named people are reading this, I feel they have forsaken us, I will make a sacrifice of chocolate cake to them.
    Of course I will be the one eating all the cake.

FireMint
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

i agree, it should shield but tuned down a bit ;) maybe buff reflect pain slightly.
    i mean: invisibility grants a shield, aggro dump, invisibility (using a base mod),
    a new loadout, the strongest power there is in the whole game (exept SC),
    and on top of that: it has a lower cooldown than ALL other shields...
    everyone would be stupid to not use it, that is why i call it OP as OP can be
    and a "must have" power, wich is allways taking a loadout spot at all times...
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

i take everything back i said about invisibility.
    leave it. it is good as it is. i changed my mind.
  4. FlreMint Active Player

Leave it as it is and every competitive controller in the game will either be Mental or Gadgets :/

Also Nature can use it as well, or it used to, I am not sure if the dog can still go invisible after coming back from the shadow realm.

FireMint
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

i know, right ^^ but i just made all sparing targets go bed time ^^
    it's hillarious!!! good job devs! :D:D:D ROFLMAO!!!
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

even though it is funny: BUG REPORT:

if a target is put to sleep, you can put it to sleep again and again and again.
    it is a low cost power spam, that has a high dammage value, and i think it could get exploited...
    after pain blast, the first power in my loadout switches to flights swoop attack,
    actually i would have in the first slot low pressure... also in invisible mode, my
    first loadout power would be neo venom boost...
    it switches back everytime i come out of invisibility...

I TRYED FOLLOWING: switch character, reimprint armory, log out and log in again...
    nothing helped: as soon i come out of invisibility, my first power switches into swoop attack...
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is Mass Terror still primarily a melee distance power? Does Psychic Shock still exploit terror?
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

no, it is as strong for ranged attack as it is at point blank now. shock exploits terror, yes.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thanks for answering my questions, I REALLY hate not having a laptop/pc right now. So what's the difference between mass terror and psychic shock, if they're both mid/long range bursts that exploit terror? Does one do more damage and use more power than the other one?
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Suits me, I might be a complete noob but I don't have any stock with this pftt nonsense, when I made my mental character I was asked to pick a weapon too, so that's an equally important part of her identity as far as I'm concerned. Even legends use weapons for goodness sake. ^^
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

in short: fast and low power equals less dammage, while long cooldown and high power costs mean more dammage.
    its the way the devs balanced it, wich works pretty well. just a few inconsistencies, wich devs are working out left.
    COOLDOWNS DO NOT PREVENT AWESOMNESS ANYMORE...
    lets make a new catchphrase...
    DCUO REVAMPED AWESOMNESS... hows that?
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

you will like it then, i am sure... though: playing with only powers is possible, aswell as only using weapons now...
    well, most will play somewhere in between this two extremes, it is called hybrid: you clipp combo with powers, similar to legends!
  14. L T Devoted Player

Psychic shock is low power cost, Mass Terror costs a lot more power to use.

In terms of base damage, Psychic Shock averages about 40 base damage, and Mass Terror was averaging about 55 for me-- which was on the low side for a high cost power. Phantom Flames averaged 67 in my testing, and TK Bolt averaged 61.

To turn those into real damage numbers multiply by might/2 /100% and then take off another 20% for your target's defense.
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I appreciate your response. I'm not a min/maxer by any means, just trying to get a general sense of how things work. Looks like I'm going to use Mass Terror instead of Psychic Shock, my plan for the revamp right now is to have the weapons buff and use my weapon, while having high damage/cost powers on standby, for when I really need something dead ASAP. Of course, no plan survives contact with the enemy so that's subject to change.
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

yes, you can but: keep in mind that mass terror is going to cost you 3x the power that psychic shock does. that, and also you can spam psychic shock very fast... depending on the weapon combo you are going to use, you will not be able to use mass terror after short weapon combos, so you either have to do a long weapon combo (high risk to get interrupted) or take another burst/dammage power for switching between them... all of that for a little bit more dammage 40 vs 55... power cost 100 vs 300... CD 0.5 vs 3sec....

keep all those things in mind, and also consider: for your own survivability, you might want to spend a loadout spot for a shield, one for an SC (if not in the invisibility loadout), as hybrid you will want the weapon buff, and also: you will want to setup your PI with either terror tendrills (atm OP and stronger than mass terror itself), or the SC generator (broken at the last testing phase for multiple targets)...
    also: power is very, very scarce after revamp... high costs can only help if you regenerate enough power to sustain...

that is a plenty of high risks vs a low reward situation.... it helps to go full power for your generator mods, devs will expect you to have 4 special force mods for power only in your base generator, and also a certain amount of SP into might/power and also the head and shoulders need to have at least something of your choice combined woth power special force allways in those gear pieces, even when you gear up... and the power will still go out rather fast, so you will need to use your soder colas, trinkets and such very carefully and a lot in many situations... ^^ trust me, survival is the key to success... that is the new DCUO...

DCUO REVAMPS AWESOMNESS!!!
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well like I say, subject to change. I just want to have a general idea of what I'm doing before the revamp lands, so that I can quickly respec when it does and then tweak from there as I go.
    • Like x 1
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

you need to play it yourself for getting the feeling. that is something, noone will be able to tell you ^^
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

after the PATCH of july 21.:
    invisibility still replaces the first power in my loadot with the flight movement power swoop attack, after turning back to normal...
    relog, respec, armory imprint, all attempts to prevent this outcome have failed... i don't know what to do... or why this happens...
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

actually, sometimes when i save my respecced stats and loadouts in the armory, invisibility tends to replace random powers at random for no reason, making me reactivate my armory each time i change back to normal, because one of my powers has changed...
    are there others with the same issue or am i the only one that gets this problem?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.