GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    why is it that i can not directly see how many SP i have if i go to the stats menu?
    do i realy need to open the stats menu, then go to weapons, then go to a weapon and open the tree first,
    to have a look how many sp i can even spend? would make sense to have that information earlier...
    • Like x 2
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, i forgot this was a suggestion in the test thread. I thought this would be an awesome idea for live.
  3. Zzmoney New Player

When the game is updated do we still have to be a member to get the Earth power and others cause I am not a member
  4. Cardinalist Well-Known Player

Either be a member or buy the power
  5. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

Question for the testers regarding the dominance stat does it still benefit healers, shields, and cc effects for trolls. Basically is it worth it to spec into dominance since most end game players are going to have extra skill points to play with after getting there main stats for their roles. Haven't heard anyone speak on this and only test my power sets.LOL.
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

All parties still benefit from Dom. Healers with Healing and Shields. Tanks with Shields and CC. Controllers with Shields and CC.
    • Like x 1
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

I seriously expect that Power Mastery gets a 15% buff and Weapons Expert gets a 15% nerf on power regeneration otherwise that option will become an exploit.
    • Like x 1
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

So for controllers CC was something changed? I saw where all stuns were stunning for the same exact amount of time. That was a ways back tho, idk a week or 2 or something. But i saw a vid where all troll powers were used and all stuns lasted the same amount of time regardless of dom. I went on test and checked it myself right after watching that. Like i said tho it could of been changed and i missed it.
    • Like x 1
  9. FlreMint Active Player

This^

Dominance wont make your stuns last longer (as it should do) if your dominance is higher than the suggested dominance for a certain content, you can stun, thats it. It also increases most shield's strenght too.

FireMint
    • Like x 2
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

i think it should go the other direction aswell: if you dominate the targets, they should loose the ability to use CC on you...
  11. Trexlight Devoted Player

My apologies youre right. I do remember now the stuns were placed in this set way. Think the original design in the Revamp was to have Dom increase but I think that was back pedaled along with the Controller Changes overall. Think now the Dom just increases the chance for it to hit maybe?
  12. FlreMint Active Player

Dominance is the power you have to control others, you are mixing it with 'Willpower' which is a lingering ghost stat no one knows exactly what it is... but if you read dominance description on live, it's exactly that, your resistance to CC, not control resistance % no, absolute resistance, if you have a higher Willpower than your enemy's Dominance you cannot be controlled by it.

Also yeah if this 'Willpower' could scale with dominance... or defense... or anything at a certain rate it would make perfect sence and it would prevent T3 adds from being able to CC a T8 player...

FireMint
    • Like x 1
  13. spack2k Steadfast Player

it effects any kind of shielding from abilitys however for trolls my bet is ppl will go with vitalization on gear slots and ignoringing the dominance bonuses etc...
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

I thought it was initially supposed to be all stuns were set to a certain time, like 5 seconds or whatever the # was. And your dom could increase the length of the stun past that #. But somewhere along the line that changed. As far as the chance to hit or anything like that im not sure.
    • Like x 1
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

exactly o_O i never thought that "willpower" is a thing on its own, also i thought it is willpower = dominance :eek:
  16. BumblingB I got better.

6 seconds for full duration of all crowd control effects. Match NPCs breakout whenever they fill like it.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

At this point, dom is a useless stat for controllers outside of the minimum required for instance. As long as you meet that requirement, you can CC. (6 seconds still is a knee jerk for me. ><) The shields are rather beneficial with what you get from your gear alone.

So if you have maxed out your role's #1 stat for a controller, try might/power. You'd be surprised how useful that will be.
    • Like x 2
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

What ive been seeing is 3 seconds.
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

6 seconds seems to be the standard, but there are some oddball powers. The stun component of Gauss Grenade only lasts for a couple of seconds in Controller role. Taser Pull stuns for ~3 seconds. Cuff'em can last up to 12 seconds.

I've been getting good mileage out of using simple knockdown powers over stuns in a lot of content. A lot of NPCs react differently to knockdowns over a multi-second stun.
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

It's 6 seconds for minions, 1~5 for match. I've noticed on average, 1-2 seconds for matches. Which would probably go into what you observed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.