GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derio 15000 Post Club

My question about the controller role still remains. With insta power still being very very low. What is the exact benefit of bringing a second controller?

I do understand the reason for not having insta power return being larger
  2. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

- extra cc currently needed to save tanks
    - extra group shield supercharges needed to save tanks
    - extra debuffs to aid the group
    - helping the primary controller with self-power management since at current costs, a straight vit spec can't even do a hb combo then dump for a minute without running dry (not lasting for a minute means that soders won't save you). and that's not including using supercharge generators and debuffs. all of those would burn through power faster if clipped or result in less power out due to less dumps in a set time period.
    - extra person for pickups
    • Like x 8
  3. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

They can't afford to rely on hotfixes they broke too many things before and lost alot of players because of it. They need to get it right because they might lose too many this time which might result in the death of the game. This game has serious potential and they are not doing a great job capitalizing the dcuo brand and how big this game really can be.
    • Like x 2
  4. L T Devoted Player

WM was desperately needed, but it should have netted less damage than clipping. I started playing the game just a bit before the introduction of WM, and I never really knew what clipping was until I saw the red ring and heard the *ding*. Then I started playing legends PVP and found out what clipping really was.

To me, WM was like clipping on training wheels. A big criticism of the revamp I have is that "clipping" WM no longer produces the positive feedback. The good news is that I can generally go much better damage clipping attacks under the revamp than I can with waiting for the animations to play out.

With the state of controllers under revamp, part of me fears that the same problems that lead to WM will return. I think right after #statsMatter update we're going to need a #controllersMatter update.
  5. L T Devoted Player

The benefits are that players tend to get starved for power, and damage out scales more or less directly with power in.
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

teleporter raids on test server show exactly how much our stats were worth for when CR differential ruled: fos3 enemy NPC's seem to allways had stats that were out of whack, but bcause of CR differential, noone even noticed ^^ so glad its gone!
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    devs will tell everytime they patch something, right?
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So I walked into Khandaq, Fos 1, Gates and Nexus on a CR 200 Earth tank. I felt somewhat strong enough to attack things solo and survive on just on soders when needed. I found the adds in Khandaq seemed to have the most health. I think the reality is that even for older content, they are trying to keep the Tank role relevant. I didn't try it on Fire but I suspect Earth's higher defense had something to do with my survivability.
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

Mepps.....

Can the team PLEASE look into putting the blue fire back into fire animations. I dont care what DPS power gets it, but it is my favorite visual part of fire, the only thing I like from AMs, and most importantly, my style is tuned to it lol. For real though, it's the coolest animation, and I know I am not the only one wanting it to stay.

Please please please work somethin out, thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Six year fire guy.
    • Like x 3
  10. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Hot dam! EXACTLY!......well said brother well said
    ..my league is making it mandatory to run 1322 or 2222 from now on for a well balanced team and not a 50million dps burn team......solo is soooo stupid...i couldn't hit the like button enough
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

It is rediculously much time you wait for a respec on your SP.
    It takes like three minutes to adjust all your stats, and that doesnt counts the time you need for your weapons, iconics and movement skills. Thats huge waste of time. Ppl will have to respec a lot if the revamp is getting live.

REQUEST:
    Can we please, finaly, get an improovement for the respec ststions? Players will want to try out the masteries and have a look at what they will be confortable with... Because it is the first stat to choose, there is no way to save an armory without the stat granted... Thats a problem itself: please let us save and activate our armories without any restrictions! The way it is now is making the game tediously for no reason. At least, the revamp may not get live without any adjustements in this case
    • Like x 4
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This! ^^

I'm gonna bring back my respec thread.
    • Like x 3
  13. inferno Loyal Player

What happens if:
    Instance: FOS3
    Scenario: tank, 2 healers, 2 trolls, 2 dps - all at cr 54 and a 190 cr dps goes in.

The health stats of the average cr 54 player will range from 6000 to 7500 and the power level is at 3500 to 4000
    The health stat of the average cr 190 player will range from 19000 to 20000 and the power level is at 12000 to 12750. Will the cr 190 soak up all the heals and power? Would a CR 190 dps player actually be more of a liability to the group as it drains the group resources with barely an advantage in contributing to damage?
    • Like x 2
  14. inferno Loyal Player

Is there even a need for a respec station? or why can't we have a re-spec bot?
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

That would be awesome, just like a portable R&D bot.
    • Like x 1
  16. L T Devoted Player

On test you don't need a respec station or a respec bot. In the "Test Server Testing Helpers" there's power respec and movement respec tokens.

The movement respec also resets all your skill points.

Don't leave your lair without one!
    • Like x 1
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

you can respec in your base aswell. well, a bot would be nice. however: the focus is to make respeccing less tediously by giving more options. and option would be to make it possible to take back each SP for itself, or all in a weapon, or a certain stat etc.
    an option could be that we can max out a stat with one click, or choose a given auto specc for your playstyle (weapon: pression, hybrid: half precission half might, superpowered: go full might power) or to choose how much sp you want to spend for a stat directly etc.

comon devs, be creative please ^^
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

yeah, but on live this will cost 10$ each time ^^'
  19. L T Devoted Player

You're right of course. But... you know... testing thread...
    • Like x 1
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

got it. thx for this tipp ^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.