An open mind, and hope for the best

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Nothing this game and its dev's do is ever going to satisfy every last person in its past, present, or future population. Lots of people have left over the years for different reasons and the game is still here without them. When revamp goes live it will bring back some players and some will leave. It won't be any different than any other massive changes that didn't appeal to a few certain people. The game will go on with or without certain people.

One last thing, leave Cele out of this -.-
    • Like x 5
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Im not disagreeing. Like i said its my mistake on the video. I was unaware of exactly when it was recorded and was mistaken actually. But i was filled in on that info. So my apologies for any inaccurate comments i made about it.
  3. Fies Committed Player

Your thing ofc. I just hope you kept your objectivity despite the "reasons" that shall not be named :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

What are you trying to imply here? Seems suspect..
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Of course. I still have my complaints for certain things in the revamp just like everyone else.
    • Like x 2
  6. Fies Committed Player

Nah overall difficulty isnt as hard to adjust as the gameplay/feeling. Sure it will take some months (like it was after #47) but its totally doable if needed.
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Quantum dps was only op in t6, in t5 it wasn't unless you were using pd, 3 trolls, and jc. Cele was the 1st AM that used little power.
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

hope shines bright for this update, may the force be with it...
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Quantum got it's AM a month before cele right before AF 2 released, it couldn't run out of power and it was op up until ice got it's AM in June that same year, surpassing it in damage potential.
    • Like x 1
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Yea t6. Celestial was op up until WM was released.
    My point is cele was the 1st AM followed by rage in t5.
  11. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

People have to realize that if someone doesn't agree with your point of view, it will be doom and gloom for them. Someone has a forum signature that reads like this; "Rock is overpowered, Paper is perfect. - Scissors". That's exactly what is going on in these revamp talk, people are pushing their own agendas that particularly benefit them the most. Sadly, some people take offense to others that have different points of view and either attack them, or report their posts simply because they don't like what their POV is. That's pathetic and childish. We really need to access EVERYONE's feedback because that is the only way things can be balanced. If the devs only cater to a certain POV about the revamp it just makes the game suitable for those few people. Those few people are sadly not enough to carry the game when others leave. So finding a middle ground where no one is 100% happy with everything is the real goal. That way there is a little bit to appeal to each person and keep them in the population.

Another issue is that the game population at large have no idea how to test. They are probably not professional QA folks that understand testing methodologies and testing guidelines. I guarantee that no player it testing the stats revamp with a real test plan that contains test cases for every part of the game. Case in point, I haven't seen anyone mention a word about clamped content like the seasonal or stabilizer instances.
    • Like x 8
  12. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I agree with you for the most part but I really think the devs are either in denial or totally misunderstood how things are interconnected thus miscalculating the end results being player retention. I tend to think the latter because if they would have understood how things are connected DCUO would not have the issues with player retention like it does. The Stats Revamp is not going to help much unless they open there eyes.

These three things highlighted in RED.

1. Are the players having fun? YES & NO

a. Yes.....Up until they figure out what Marks Relevancy is.
    b. No......After figuring out that 95% of the game is basically worthless to them for grinding gear that answer is a resounding NO.

2. Will we see better player retention? Again, YES & NO

a. Yes.....Up until they figure out what Marks Relevancy is.
    b. No......After figuring out that 95% of the game is basically worthless to them for grinding gear that answer is a resounding NO.

3. Will DCUO revisit Marks Relevancy?

It would behoove DCUO to remove Marks Relevancy all together. That way DCUO can dismiss any PERCEPTION or misconception that the lower content is worthless.

[IMG]

Whether or not we can collect MoV. It is all about PERCEPTION. ( that word again)
    It clearly states in the highlighted area that you DO NOT receive Mark if Victory for running lower content.

Here are a few things that are affecting Marks relevancy and make it a very bad policy that affects player retention.

1. ^^^^^^^^^^ What I posted above

2. Players being bumped out of tiers way too fast and before they can finish all content within the tiers.
    Thus, making the new players become less knowledgeable and successful later on within the game.

What is making the players move up too fast?
    3. Being granted MAX CR with NAKED GEAR. ( gear without mods )

Why is that an issue?
    4. Gear use to be granted at a lower CR that you had to MOD in order to raise the CR of the gear in order to gain levels / tiers.

What does that have to do with anything?
    5. This made players stay within their tier & below longer doing things to mod your gear.

OK, Why did that matter?
    6. Running the instances within and below your tier gave players a better opportunity to learn all the instance mechanics and use those experiences to apply to later game experiences.

How did mods raising the CR of the gear help?
    7. Collecting items and modding gear helped players understand stats by having the players actually ask & understand how each stats applied towards the role that they were working on.

In conclusion

1. By giving players the opportunity to run to the end game like a 100 yard dash DCUO has devalued 95% of the game for new players within a month or two time frame.

a. How many episodes are there?
    b. Would DCUO rather keep players around playing & paying for at least a year or two months?

2. Marks Relevancy and the issues that it is causing is not really just one thing. It is a combination of more than a few things that add up to a recipe for disaster.

Disaster being:

A. Player retention ( which also affects everything below )
    B. Lower future subscription sales
    C. Lower DLC / episode sales.
    D. Lower TC sales
    E. Lower MP sales
    F. Lower Booster Gold sales ( if these sales come back )
    G. Lower Seasonal sales
    H. Lower Holiday Sales

Last but not least......there could be more but I'm sure you get the idea.
    I. Less great reviews & word of mouth popularity

Take your time and chew on this for a while.
    • Like x 2
  13. Cyro Committed Player

Can i get a tl;dr? i got things to do

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Keep that meme warm... you're going to need it often when you see how long it takes to complete content post-revamp.
    • Like x 6
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

K
    • Like x 1
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I agree completely. I just hope the devs keep an open mind and realize that the opinion of one person regarding how a power should play, or how it's fun to play, is not the opinion of everyone.
    • Like x 4
  17. Cyro Committed Player

considering i test i have a general idea of how long it will take however the first two weeks when it comes out content will be like the first week of dwf all over again
  18. Mighty Committed Player

Because you're actually important for CC and group power supply, as opposed to being able to troll an end-game raid by yourself from the back of the room eating a sandwich. Also, if you have something you'd like to get off your chest with me, feel free to use the quote feature instead of sub-posting a dude and sniping at his feedback. o_O
    • Like x 4
  19. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Like I said, keep it on the ready :)
    • Like x 2
  20. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Couldn't have said it any better if I wrote it myself. Sadly the developers won't listen the marks of Relevancy is probably the biggest problem why dcuo is losing alot of players now.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.