GU73: Earth

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss Earth in the Stats Revamp.
  2. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

There is still no prompt on when stone skin is active. Players never know when it's on or not. A suggestion is the same way reinforce adds armor to your hands stone skin should apply armor to your entire body in the same fashion. Please make something like this happen Devs thank you.
    • Like x 5
  3. Aggro Well-Known Player

Only issue I have is trying to find what max parser is to test jackhammer.

The sp nerf is killing stat revamp. It was fine the way it was. Now idk what's going on.

It's like you guys moved forward. Shooting yourselfs on the foot.
    • Like x 4
  4. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Ever see reinforce animation in tank role on an group member on live? Its just earth looking version of ice armor, since that effect on reinforce was removed i was thinking that could be used.
    • Like x 3
  5. L T Devoted Player

Crystal is still hitting with Epicenter twice for each fortify golem cast.

Also, each hit of Epicenter is doing about 80% greater damage than Fury does.
  6. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Earth dps seems to be doing great. I'm glad you guys listened to the feedback on jackhammer and beefed it up. You guys really did a good job making it feel like a very smash- in your face-pummel kind of power. While using jackhammer I feel as if I can now truly reap the benefits of risk vs reward. Also, the cool down reduction for jackhammer was a great move as well.
    • Like x 3
  7. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Im not sure if the damage is supposed to be that much greater but i could i see why crystal does more than fury just on accounting the damage sorc can do with other abilities alongside fury, also on top of sorc seeming to do more cast damage it also has more low cd low power spammers
    • Like x 4
  8. Cyro Committed Player

agreed - we have no idea how long it lasts and active effects are of no help. some clarity into earth tanking numbers like how long each cast of as would help a lot
  9. Regularman New Player

In this new revamp, is Earth a Weapon, Hybrid or Power? I use weapon a lot, I don't like to stay stationary. I have everytying on precision, would I have to change it to might? is not precision base anymore? Thx.
  10. L T Devoted Player

All damage from abilities is might based under the revamp. You can alternate between jackhammer and upheaval for a power-centric load out or you can clip weapon attacks or you can use crystal. All of them work with Earth.

Right now crystal is doing far and away the best damage though.
  11. Regularman New Player

My loadout is pretty much for stats:
    Crystal; Fortify golem; Reinforce; Venom; Stryking stones; Backflip Attack (Power to Crystal)
    Is the new fortify golem charging faster? or the complete power bar?
    Crystal makes most of the damage, Should I go Weapon or power? is Crystal damage based on might or is it independent from that?
    Thx!
  12. L T Devoted Player

Crystal is still cr based.

Backflip attack will no longer return power.

Right now fortify golem:
    1- Fills crystal's power bar pretty much instantly
    2- Can clip other abilities
    3- Allows crystal to make two monstrously strong attacks

You're probably good with precision focus for that load out
  13. Regularman New Player

Thanks man, last question (for now), should I go weapon then, insted of power or hybrid?
  14. AberrantAngel Committed Player

I am not on test, so I truly appreciate all the work you testers do.
    Have you tried a loadout that uses both crystal and jackhammer?
    Also how does the tank side look.
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

This is why earth is stronger than sorcery on live because of talk like this. No crystal is not suppose to be 80% mire damage than fury. If abilities on test has been balanced like the testers say, I doubt sorcery powers is doing 80% more damage than earth powers.
    • Like x 1
  16. Xibo Loyal Player

Earth is taking 12% more damage than Sorcery and i give some suggestions to adjust it. They do not need to nerf Crystal or buff Fury like copy and paste but you can increase the damage from Circle of Destruction so that you can have a compensation with the damage lost from Fury. Earth and Sorcery no need to be exactly equal in damage and power cost.

Pets are fine as it is.
    • Like x 1
  17. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Really? lol

[IMG]

Pets need to be balanced. Fury is underperforming while Crystal seems TOO good.
    • Like x 1
  18. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Might be the case but you have to factor in is it because of cast times, power costs, how much damage earth does compared to sorcery etc. Look at it from every angle like the developers do.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I have already tested both powersets extensively since the last patch and compared notes with Crappy, Mighty, Fatal and Cyro, our numbers for Earth with Crystal are way better than Sorcery with Fury, donĀ“t try to hide it.
    • Like x 2
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Fury is right on the edge of being to good and any change to sorcery without lowering the damage of fury would put it over the top. Now as for crystal she does way to much damage and smokes every other power on test. You can clearly see from the charts we posted in here that crystal is out of line.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.