GU73: Overall Damage Balance

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mighty, Jul 18, 2017.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Heres some single target charts. Imo single target is the most important part of balance cause we want everyones power to preform well in boss fights cause thats where the damage matters most. And i must say things are pretty even single target too hybrid wise and rage.

All the tests i ran even on 3 targets were also done with a open spot saved for a supercharge except for nature on single target cause the natures super use is kinda situational and its safer and better for overall dps to go no super on bosses with nature unless you know you wont die and loose the dot the nature super carnivorous plants provides.

Nature 3 dots Single target no super. For some reason serpent call doesn't show up in the log, prob cause it has no initial hit so it just counts as poisons.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Fire Single target.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Sorcery Single target with pet.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Ice Single target.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Electric Single.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

How much of a difference does it make dps-wise between weapons expert and hybrid mastery? How much is the buff for weapon combos? It must be pretty significant since it was designed to help a weapon-only playstyle be able to compete with the DoTs and extra burst of hybrid.
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm just asking because otherwise it kind of skews the test results, doesn't it? You're testing hybrid, but not using hybrid mastery. Isn't that kind of like testing Earth using Crystal and saying that everything's fine?
  4. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

I gave a few solutions for those outdated cast times, removing them being the preferred one for me, like mentals were removed should have happened a long time ago. I just hope they don't feature in any optimal rotation for hybrid or pfft. At the very least they should do a portion of the damage that has been built up while casting. Get through 50% of the cast for fireburst for example, 2 ticks of the final 4 are released as an AoE, similar to the wildfire animation maybe? After all, where did that concentrated fire go? I just dropped a fire ball! It should burn something...
  5. L T Devoted Player

I do see the whole picture. I just don't agree about everything it represents.
    Actually, it looks pretty good in front of 3 targets, and monstrous in front of 8. But I see this as a bug that will eventually be fixed, just like sticky bomb used to be for gadgets. The rules for splitting are what they are. I'm not sure we should be ok with exceptions.
    I don't just sit in front of targets; though the content I run is mostly open world, solos, and duos. Most of my nature stuff was pure DOT, with Harvest and Swarm, and Voracious Plants. Sometimes I replaced Plants with whatever Movement burst was available.
    Don't I know it! A word of warning to other testers: don't throw away lots of parses because of mess-ups. One here and there isn't a big deal, but if you have to throw away more than 1-2 you should make note of it. A killer hard light rotation that requires 12 fingers to pull off regularly isn't the same as spamming a single power over and over again, and we can wind up with some powers that are just way harder to use than others.
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Not bashing you for testing small content cause i do as well but when i talk balance i'm mostly talking about raid settings cause thats where damage potential really matters the most.

Tesla will always be like it is unless the power was totally reworked same with arch but arch wouldn't be arch anymore and it would totally ruin the power and look of it. Long explanation and i don't feel like getting into it (technical stuff) They have been like this forever and i don't see it changing cause in the grand scheme of things they work out cause of electrics slightly lower base damage and their situational only use.
    • Like x 1
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Another reason I'm concerned all these numbers are off is depending on where you guys are testing them. If they come from dummies (I think you said that) and you're using trolls to keep yourself powered, you're forgetting about the precision buff they're giving you (on top of the Weapon's Expert not Hybrid spec you've got going) which is inflating your weapon damage artificially. In a raid setting, there's no way a hybrid player with WE is going to be getting that buff.
    • Like x 2
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Most of the time the hybrid player will be getting the buff cause on average they are the most power efficient players with the exception of like 1 power. Even if they didn't get the buff 100% of the time things still need to be tested best case scenario cause there is a good possibility some hybrid powers will have the buff all the time.

When I've been running raids this is something I've been looking for cause I was curious about it and the majority of the time I did manage to have the buff.
    • Like x 3
  9. Mighty Committed Player

From Stats 1.4:
    When we ran the WE builds almost every power was near full for the duration of the test, because the power consumption was low and spread out across weapon combos that were themselves regenerating power on top of the POT and instant we were getting. So, actually it's probably a very good replication of a raid-setting test, because odds are strong that the WE guy is getting that buff.
    • Like x 2
  10. Mighty Committed Player

Our goal wasn't to say what should be (although we did that anyway). Our goal was to say what was.

They gave us a weapon buff for speccing a certain way, so we specced that way and clipped weapon combos with powers. If you go back and read the initial description on the then-Weapon Mastery point, it doesn't say "exclusively use weapons and weapon buffs." They let us loose in the sandbox and we showed them what we could do.
    • Like x 2
  11. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Thanks y'all for your hard work ! Sincerely !
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I understand that, and I just hope the devs do too, not looking at the numbers as if they're truly balanced between hybrid and combos.
  13. Mighty Committed Player

Have faith my man. We've actually had some conversations with them and I'm confident that they see what's going on in the numbers.
    • Like x 1
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

i totally ignore PI and dots.
    i will statpoint full might/power and use weapon combo > thorn burst / weapon combo > savage growth
    and repeat. its not optimal, but it works... even if i loose dammage for PI. will allways stay in wolf form ^^
    the shield and a heal if needed.
  15. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I recommend one dot for background damage and pi. Serpent clipped with carnage then a burst power is the way to go for adds.
    • Like x 1
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

problem is: i realy need at least a shield because i melee with wolf. and for survivability, i normally have a second shield. wich of nature doesnt have... thats why thornburst should better shield in my oppinion... so i need a heal instead. that leaves only one free spot for carnage, because i need return to normal and wolf form for the buff... i realy wishes i could go out of wolf form, by just changeing the loadout if out of combat, so i had more room... and because 3 second CD's arent fast enough to get used with fast combo clipping, i do every second time thorn burst/savage growth.... granted: i could instead of those use voracious plants, but then again i would loose a lot of dammage, it is very weak in compairision... but: i will try as you told me and have a look if its better in combat situations...

PROBLEM:
    i think survivabillity is very much needed, multiple shields and heals are what i found myself to be necessary in real combat situations. all your calculations are with only dammage potential in mind, but if you get knocked out, you will loose dammage and if i ressurect you, i will loose dammage aswell and if i ressurect, i am defenceless for a short time and might die aswell if not protected...
    keep that in mind, my friends ^^
    • Like x 1
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

Can you do a compairission for us, looking at movement and iconic powers too, please? I think you did a great work with those poewers!
  18. Mighty Committed Player

Actually every rotation we have up there, save for my nature three-dot, left a loadout space open. Ideally, we were thinking that's where most powers would stick a supercharge, but if you wanted to go survivability, you could rock a personal shield in any of those loadouts.
    • Like x 1
  19. Xalhadrin New Player

Out of curiosity, how would damage across the powers look in a longer fight with super's used?
  20. Mighty Committed Player

Good question, that's not something we've had a chance to really test yet.