GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

I liked AMs, hated WM, loved being a god among among mortals and I hate changes for the sake of change.

There is a lot in this GU that I don't like, but like GU36 there is also parts that need to be done.

The one thing that, we as players, need to do, is test. If you don't test, your concerns are valid, but don't try to sway the conversation with more misinformation. (Not directed to you, btw.) There is a big difference between GU47 and GU73. Especially the "I told you so" aspect that existed in 47. They know and wont go down that route again.
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I think everyone on both sides need to just sit back for a bit and wait for an update from the developers, both sides of the spectrum have valid cause for concern.

It's not a case of whipping up hysteria or having faith in the developers fixing things. I understand you're trying to calm the situation Crappy but trying to dismiss concerns as being invalid or too "just have faith", in an effort to calm people down, can unfortunately have the opposite effect.

There are some areas of this revamp, particularly all support classes that appear to have some issues quite simply because they're not tested as efficiently or as often as the DPS classes where you can just sit in front of a dummy and parse all day long.

Even though I honestly think there's also problems with DPS class balance, not so much across the powers themselves, but across the masteries.

Mepps, are there any further updates in regards to the overall feel of things when it comes to support roles from the dev team?
    • Like x 7
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

He said they're going to spend today doing more play testing. A little birdie did tell me though they're looking at bumping all of the tanks up to Ice's level.
    • Like x 5
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Sounds positive, any word on controlling and healing?
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

None yet, perhaps after they finish the play testing a conclusion will be drawn.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I wont disagree with that. I too hope it all gets worked out. Maybe i just dont have the faith in it u do. I guess for me its weird to see it announced for the next game update when clearly some of it needs work. Guess we shall see what happens tho.
    • Like x 1
  7. VioletSorceress Committed Player

All right now, what exactly people dont like about WM ??? :mad:

Was it the way cross weapon combos were mix and matched together
    OR crit bonus mechanic
    OR wasnt it just that WM was set to do more damage than clipping ?
  8. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'm not trying to dismiss concerns cause i have some myself but the dev's are fully aware of them and are working on things. Everyone going on and on about things won't do any good it just gets annoying to hear and instead of reading through a simple thread of feedback its cluttered up with all this nonsense that takes 3 times as long for the dev's to comb through. The best thing we can do is test and leave feedback.
    • Like x 1
  9. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Unfortunately I would have to disagree there, not that they have issues, they have major issues but they have been tested through in and through out all versions of this revamp, there isn't much to do when feedback isn't being taken into account.

I've tried to challenge numerous times and provided various reasons why X design change to the healing powers won't work or isn't practical. Effectively what the support roles are now is intended - they were intended to be nerfed.

What's worse is even though this revamp was an attempt to balance every single power in every role, I can say without a doubt it's failed miserably in the healing role. Sorcery and Nature's design and ability changes are basically going to render them undesirable to play. I can say Electric in this revamp now outclasses those two and Celestial plays almost exactly how it does on the live servers. All in all Celestial is still top barring some issues with Electric gunning for a #2 spot.

All of the healing power sets still have really bad issues outside their design choices, Celestial and Nature are power hungry, Electric is suffering from high cooldowns and Sorcery, just don't bother with it, they made a big commotion with how PoT shouldn't need to be mandatory on a controllers loadout but to basically use the Watcher pet you need Sacrificial Offering which itself doesn't do anything but power the pet. But all in all that's the least of Sorcery's problems.

Healing strength is also an issue, but that coincides with other things like tank strength and content, from this latest update, normal attacks from trash mobs and bosses are low, but when they use their skull attacks or if the content has actual mechanics (Think DWF fire pools and the zeta blaze attack) they're basically overwhelming to try and mitigate the damage.
    • Like x 3
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I think you would find varying answers based on their views. All what you said could be a reason.

I hated how they changed charged holds.
    I hated the monotony of it, since there was always one way for every weapon to do it.
    I hated how if you weren't doing it this way, you might as well leave.
    Most of all, I hated being forced into using a weapon in a SUPER POWER game.

The idea was novel, but no where near what would have been fun.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

With that part I agree, but we have to stop responding to it as well as it just encourages more unnecessary conversation because despite being correct in telling them not to just hypothesize in this thread we're inviting them to continue to argue even more :)

To Everyone:-

I would encourage people to hop on test, test things and provide feedback. If you disagree with someone, then I would encourage you not to argue with that person, simply hop on test server, video something if you must and show how it's working from your perspective.

Then post it as feedback such as "I like that this works like this:-..." That way even if you are pointing out an error you believe someone else is communicating it's not becoming adversarial.

If you want to provide feedback about something being wrong then my suggestion would be to do the same and that way we can try to keep this feedback as clean and as focused as possible.
    • Like x 3
  12. Ringz Dedicated Player

The only valid reason for its hate was what came with it.

It wasn't as bad as AMs did, but it was the start.

WM did do alot of dmg compared to hybrid, so it did force you into a certain spec and the beginning of common L/O slots. What really nailed it for me was it came along with AF1. Which the adds and the bosses HP was unnecessarily huge compared to last dlc. So not only was you losing damage if going hybrid, but you would be in the instance longer than necessary if you went hybrid.

Concept good, execution horrible.
    • Like x 1
  13. stärnbock Devoted Player

nah, i was not saying that it has to be like that, i just wanted to point out the problems with it:
    right now, the devs are calculating that you have a minimal of SP spend in your stats,
    and on top of it, you would have full special force mods both in base and equippement, at all times.
    i just wanted to tell you that i think devs might think what we think should be more like it. and calculate based upon...
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

They know but will they listen. GU73 seems to be on a specific time table.

Right now DPS balance in terms of Hybrid versus PftT is offset.

And support roles for raid content is not in a good place.
    • Like x 3
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

the way in wich some masteries were put together... mostly:

so i use handblast and shoot laser beams out of my bare palm and kick an energy ball made of pure energy.
    only to pull out a BOW to do more dammage with shooting ARROWS?
    melee is even worse: after boxing my target with power flowing out of my palms, i do more dammage with a haymaker without power?

its as if son goku says: **** ki blasts, where is my BOW?
    on top of that, you can not even clipp the mastery away because you don't do dammage if you clipp the combo too sooon...

the only weapon i found was fitting perfectly together was brawling. the ranged combo was great (for support)
    and swinging a hammer for higher dammage actually made total sense to me (even though it seems to come out of nowhere)
  16. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

I clearly agree with you on that as well and said as much in my post so i think you misread that part.
  17. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

The biggest problem I see with testing overall is the developers need to set a standard for each content whether it's a raid,alert,solo,duo,etc. I see people 201cr 300 plus sp testing content that's unacceptable that is not the proper way to test. People with max gear and max sp should be over powered even in t8 content judging from practically every post they barely beating anything even with max gear, mods, sp and t8 raid tanks taking way too much damage even being maxed out. Feats will be impossible and content won't be beatable by people with lower stats heck if those with maxed out gear are getting slaughtered in raids and a few of the content you have a huge problem. I seriously don't see this revamp releasing anytime soon they have alot to fix if they do release it the way things are kiss dcuo goodbye. On a more positive note they are doing better at balancing powers they just need to listen to the feedback and stop changing things we didn't ask for unless it's actually benefitting us greatly .
    • Like x 1
  18. TheVoiceOfReason Well-Known Player

I understand what you are saying and certainly did not need a graph to explain anything, i just completely disagree with it and to change the game from what it's been back to that linear stat progression especially at this stage of the game is just counter productive and not what anyone wanted to see with the removal of cr differential. Amd frankly a person near enfd game should be exponentially stronger than a person who is severial tiers below them. they could have raised the stats of the npc's to balance things rather then they way they went about it. People wanted balance between powers not balance between and tiers. You are supposed to get progressively and exponentially stronger in an mmo. no one wants to see a cr 53 be of similar strength to a cr 200+ assuming they have similar sp's just as no one wants to see 2x 200+ cr's be of similar strength if one has 80 sp's and the other has 300+ sp's. A person eho is 200+ cr they should be exponentially stronger than a cr 53 just as a person with 300 Sp's and 200 cr should be exponentially stronger than a person with the same cr and 220 less sp's. And people with op gear on top of all that should ebe even stronger than that. That's what people who have been playing for and have been striving for and at this poiint deserve. Not this weak crap we are getting. Sorry but this whole thing see,s like a complete waste of time and resources to just make this game significantly worse and allienating both new and hardcore players at the same time.
    • Like x 3
  19. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

My bad
  20. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Remember we still have hotfixes. If it's not as perfect as we want it to be I'm sure they won't just leave it as it is. Though I'm hoping that they could consider the feedback and make all the necessary changes before it hits live.

It seems to me that they have a time limit and they can't keep this revamp on hold for much longer.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.