GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

OBS
    • Like x 1
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Oh but ya know, according to some players the revamp is fine. Its great and there are no issues. Ive even seen a few people saying make it go live 2mor :rolleyes: Going back and reading some of the feedback and seeing whats on test i cant help but feel like some of the testing that was done had an agenda. Not all, but some. Meaning some people wanted things to lean a certain way. Its interesting how some people seem to have the devs ear while other people seem to be invisible. This is why imo we needed paid testers who had no bias or agenda ;)

I see mepps post from today and i hope we get to see some of that. We as players get asked how does this feel or that feel. And that should happen. But i wanna know how the devs feel. Id love to see them do an alert or raid and see what went well and what didnt. Hear what they say felt smooth and good and what didnt. The combat system of this game has been its biggest draw for a very long time. I know some of what i experienced on test was clunky. Hoping that gets ironed out. And hearing the perspective of everyone is something i feel thats important. Now i doubt we will see the devs testing but one can hope :p Guess we shall see what happens.
    • Like x 5
  3. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This^

And this ^
    • Like x 4
  4. Furious mentality New Player

I don't have access to test server but have been heavily keeping track, I currently have 3 characters that are all at 200cr and 208sp. I was excited about the revamp and stats making sense. But watching recent videos I'm noticing it takes about 30 mins to run alerts with players of my level. There is no way I'd ever have time to run my three characters daily. I spend about 3 to 4 hours a day currently and from what I'm seeing it will be about 6 to 8 hours a day. I don't have time for that nor will I make time for that. Maybe I'm wrong the times but it's what I'm seeing.
    • Like x 3
  5. Perdition Committed Player

I could not have said it better myself mate! This is spot on.
    • Like x 1
  6. Catnip New Player

The reasoning behind the stat revamp feels like this:
    "We want to make SP more meaningful, and players who lack them will be at a greater disadvantage. Oh, and now we're going to make it harder for them to get SP, since they won't be able to catch up on feats without rounding up a help squad."

Ugh. On live currently I do well in the healer role and am pretty competitive in dps mode, but I don't have lots of time for raiding or chasing down feats -- but when I have extra time, I look up old ones I'm missing and go after them by myself. After the stats revamp is finalized and goes live, if it makes me feel like I can't progress without wasting even more time finding help before I can even start, I will very likely direct my money towards a new game. (Not a threat at all, just the reality of it for my playstyle.)
    • Like x 2
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

A valid concearn. I personally gave up 14 alts lately.
    I will only keep them in the hope for a change and events.
    Thats why we need a new system like gear sharing
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

Lets call it the PROGRESS PARADOXON:
    While you are doing hard feats, it is highly likely that players are improoving through experience. Of course you do feats for the fun of it, but you will also gain better stats, wich will make the game more easy for veterans with high SP. to satisfy those, the game needs to get harder while they can hunt for even more feats...
  9. piohh Well-Known Player

@stärnbock: The most Veteran Player like you say playing only the current content and after they get all feats he goes offline or stay the whole time in HQ's. Whit this population we need to wait 3-4h on Villian side EU/PS4 thats open a Alert like Phanton Zone. I earn in 15 days ~ 100.000 PrestigePoints and I have 326SP but the most Players don't play like me. They stay in HQ's and talk about the boring game and talking only about his own things. Help other's... pah not If he finish his own feats. And the game needs to get harder??? After 2 wipes 50% leave the raid and the others need to wait 1h to refill the grp or disband. This game is 5 Years old, with an old Engine... Things like this revamp are to late.
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

E-Z video is the one I downloaded
  11. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Overall I think Revamp is heading in the right direction...but its not quite there. A few concerns and suggestions come to mind. I have been testing since 1.3. I am usually on KhaosFyreTest so Im sure some of you have seen me around a bit. All in all these are only my opinions and I have ben holding back my feedback bc of certain people being negative and shooting my opinions down like they are facts. But...if I dont say anything...I cant complain about the state of the game when it hits live. So I need to voice my opinions like it or not. We all want the same thing overall...make DCUO great again.

1 content difficulty...I'm a supporter of high end gear and high sp players being able to have a much easier time with older content. I do enjoy the challenge in going back into the older content...but it shouldnt be as difficult as it is on test. I dont want it to be way OP like it is on live...but somewhere in the middle would be great.

2 I believe PFtT is still a bit off when it comes to power regen. They should have a buff a little to power return and damage and be debuffed using weapons.

3 Tanks are not balanced imo. Ice is good. Earth is good. Fire is almost there. Atomic I had a hard rtime. I did not try Rage. ( I am also a huge fan of Battletanking builds...I have done very well with my earth and fire battletanks. Even out dpsing dps roles in alerts on many occasions all the while still surviving) I am huge tank role fan and DPS. So I have not tested trolling or healing roles. No opinions on those that are helpful except they still seem on the weaker side.

4 The Stats Curve is good...I just hated seeing numbers go down...visually it looked bad...but has panned out well. So keep it as is...but raise the impact of mods. They should have higher numbers to make a better impact. OP gear should be just that. Make them really OP. People worked hard for them. Let that work pay off. Make them substantial gains that make them worth the grind.

5 Weapons and precision builds should be rewarded damage wise with weapons expert and weapon attacks only. WM should not be clippable...but do greater damage than what it's currently doing. Risk and reward. Powers should debuffed damage wise when using weapons. Maybe even shields get a small buff with Weapons expert. I think that could balance out 3 playstyles for dps roles. Hybrid should benefit roles. With no buffs on it allowing role powers to be effective and weapons doing damage to help with the flow of the game.

Now I'm sure not all of these are great ideas to some...but I think some of theae could help the revamp. I'm on the forums everyday reading in on what's happening and the feedback. Huge fans of alot of you guys bc u want the same thing as me. Make DCUO great again.

KhaosFyreTest out...drops mic*
    • Like x 4
  12. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I also wanted to add to what I said earlier. One more thing the devs should do is make those skill points really really matter. Those skill points should be worth it to grind for those feats. Overall I think just like the mods the skill points should bring a better bonus to your stats. Pics Mic back up... Drops mic again
    • Like x 2
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

You guys do know it will be ok after everything is worked out don't you. I think some people are being a tad crazy in here. Some content difficulty is messed up right now and this is why we are testing it to find out whats right and whats not, chill out and give it some time to be worked out instead of getting people all worked up over stuff that will eventually get fixed.
    • Like x 11
  14. supalova20 Well-Known Player

so.....alot of the community are from CITY OF HEROES and we like 6 to 8 hours TASK FORCES aka raids....i have 6 toons and I want my fights long and fulfilling.....
  15. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

What I don't understand and what I see that really don't make since is why make low content hard for high level players? You have people that done spent money and also grind their butts off to get OP gear, high vendor gear, SP grinding and years of time on this game and you mean to tell me I cant solo a tier 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 anymore at CR200+ with 200 - 300+sp.

When something is going kinda good a flaw or wrench is always added, so who bright idea was this?
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

But, but, I like screaming bloody murder and being irrational :(
    • Like x 3
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

See, those are the comments I missed while you were (briefly) gone. ;) It's nice to have you back on the forums. I mean that. It's a lot more exciting here.
    • Like x 2
  18. ChillCat Loyal Player

Looks like Crappy's account has been hacked....again :p
    • Like x 4
  19. L T Devoted Player

Much, if not most of it isn't. The t3 raids, some of the t5 content, and a few other things need some adjustment
    • Like x 2
  20. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Please, consider some sort of play style balance that provides different options for Support roles too and not just DPS.

Im of the opinion that Weapon Expert should remain the same while Power focused style should involve something like 10-15% global cooldowns' reduction. If you decide to give some stats buffs for Hybrid and Power, please make sure to add Support role stats too not just DPS stats.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.