GU73: Celestial

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss Celestial in the Stats Revamp.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Wheres my dps SC??? Just dropped by to ask.
    • Like x 9
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

PS3 can't handle it, so it's not coming

I mean uh yeah, where's fatal's SC at Mepps? :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I have a question before I give my idea for feedback:

Is it possible to separate the power costs of combos from dps and healer role? If yes, can we have a bump up in damage for cele combos while in dps? We practically have AM type power regen and we were slightly underperforming in comparison to other combo powers, of course I need to rerun tests to clarify, will get back you on parses sometime this weekend.
    • Like x 1
  5. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Curse healing still doesnt seem to working properly, and the damage explosion from death mark is pitiful
  6. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Spord, I have an amazing idea for a DPS supercharge, you'll love it.

Make a mirrored version of Consecrated Ground. Make the colour all purple and evil like and make the effect to be amplifying your damage by 7.5%.

I'd call it, Desecrated Ground. Genius
    • Like x 10
  7. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

That was a group effort lol, but yea would look soooooo AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Make it happen Spord!!! ;)
    • Like x 4
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ok, I messed with celestial more today, and touched up on McB and BcM last night, now for the essay....

Celestial is underperforming for the most part in comparison to other powers and play styles, here's some parser comparisons for the combo powers (credit to Mighty for the HL, atomic, and rage numbers):

PFTT combo power parses

Light range - 10-10.7k
    Light midra - 13-13.3k
    Light melee - 12.1-12.3k (you read that right)

Celestial range - 11.3-12.3k
    Celestial midra - 12.3-13.3k

Rage range - 12.4-13.1k
    Rage melee - 13.5-15.1k (mostly 14s)

Atomic range - 11-11.9k
    Atomic melee - 11.7-12.6k (low? I dunno atomic)

As you can see, cele, HL, and atomic all need to be bought up a notch, but since this is the cele thread I'm gonna request to bump up the power costs of combos to 300 ONLY IN DPS ROLE, that way we can get more bang for a buck since we're also the most friendly by far on power consumption. And if what my friends say is true and melee hybrid is hitting 15 k, then celestial DEFINITELY needs to come up. Since hybrod capability for combo powers are on the low end, it only makes sense to let them excel in PFtT.

My next rant is going to be about McB and BcM, Spord, pls, buff it lol.

At 10,266 resto, my McB and BcM heals only ticking for 1.1 and 1.4k every 2 seconds are depressing, if you're going to leave the cap that low then please change the procs back to 1 second. If not, then the cap needs to go, by a lot, otherwise it won't be very effective in content at all.

I'm also sorely disappointed in the low capability of celestial battle healing as well. On live server, I modded resto/prec, specced into resto, prec, crit attack and crit heal, put max damage ans core strength in my healer gear, basically spamming WoTPcCS when McB is up, not only did it keep the group up, but I did nearly half the damage as a good mental or ice dps, keep in mind this is with the broken AM system on live, I don't see myself being able to pull it off in the revamp.

Point is, it's easier to battle heal on live then it is on test right now and yes I see that as a huge problem. I already made a thread asking to remove the damage penalty of hybrid abilties and I'll ask here as well, please consider it. Between that and a buff to the cap of McB and BcM, battle healing should be squared away.
    • Like x 8
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Don't think battle healing will be adjusted due to balancing.

They can't seem to split dps and healer aspects of the power in fairness.

Still running comparisons. But hopefully the gu won't be released next month because I want this update to be 100% done
    • Like x 1
  10. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I agree with the posts before me. I do feel that celestial is underperforming compared to other powersets in both hybrid and pftt mode.

Also.... can we PLEASE have a DPS SC. The ones we currently have are just... no. I like celestial's idea of making an opposite version of consecrated ground. In fact, I love it. If not I would appreciate high burst damage from one of the SCs or just up the numbers for DoT and removing the healing in dps stance for the other one.
    • Like x 5
  11. Heal up 96 Level 30

12. Derio 15000 Post Club

Devs if you do go with the Desecrated Ground idea could you have it be Big Burst followed by a few dots and end with a big Burst
    • Like x 2
  13. Cyro Committed Player

Give cele a good dps sc
    • Like x 2
  14. AshenVoid Level 30

Just out of curiosity, could someone explain the "sacred light" power and its usefulness? If so thanks
  15. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

It's the SC generator and it also applies PI.
  16. AshenVoid Level 30

Hm... Alrighty then
  17. AshenVoid Level 30

Just saying the ps3 could handle it, and they've explained why they don't do graphics updates in general as well as why they won't. So don't you blame ps3 >_>
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It was a joke lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Dead13 Well-Known Player

no comfortable wıth thıs combos
  20. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

What exactly do you mean? I'm sorry I'm not understanding you, and I want to make sure of what you are saying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.