GU73: Overall Damage Balance

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mighty, Jul 18, 2017.

1. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

They can separate how it works between roles but I don't think it should be nerfed for DPS considering how back loaded fires damage can be.
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Stoked flames is a bit out of line cause you can apply 2 dots but only for the time it takes to cast one. Im sure if elec could clip 2 dots together people would be against that and its only fair they would be cause its not something everyone can do.

Fire using stoked flames in combination with everything else it a tad to good especially cause it requires no additional setup time for the extra dot.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dread Active Player

Hello Mighty,
    The dps for munitions very seems low if you used clipping for it. I will mail Mighty Hornet in game on a munitions player that may help if he's willing.
  4. spack2k Steadfast Player

lets not pretend it has only benefits , the power cost is accordingly very high for using that combination.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

+1. Thank you for taking the time on this.
    • Like x 5
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I have no issues using it with a triple clip of inferno, stoked and fiery weapon. Anyway you look at it its honestly out of line the way it functions and if we want to get as close to balance as we can we can't let things like that slip through.
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

u sure about that ? did u check for example mental & fire their damage per second compared to their power consumption?
    Hint: its in the original post.
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Impressive. Credit where credit is due.
    • Like x 3
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'm well aware or the charts man thats what i spent my entire weekend doing no need to be a smart a**. Now im not saying its not high power cost but just because its high power cost doesn't justify the way it functions. I've run raids on test using it before with no issues so its perfectly usable. I'm not gonna go back and forth anymore over this especially when its clearly something thats not in line. This is our chance to make things right and not have stuff like this in the game but some people still want to squeeze in some cheese smh...
    • Like x 6
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

Infos i am missing are the loadouts to compare if u used for every power the same concept like for example 3x 200 cost, 1x 100 cost, 2x 300 cost etc...
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

i dont want to sound like a smart *** but according to the devs damage and power cost are related so basically the higher ur power consumption the higher ur dps should be ...
  12. Mighty Committed Player

Definitely hit me up. So munitions was the one non-combo power that we could not get to work well in a precision+Weapons Expert build. We tried a number of things (we were even clipping mini nuke with instant power) and it just wouldn't parse much higher than like a 10.5-11k, and even then we were pushing the bounds of practicality. So for muni, the parse you're seeing is pftt using shrap, nuke, .50, chain gun, and rocket launcher.

We didn't use similar power cost powers for each loadout, no, they're all snowflakes in that regard. For example fortify for earth and offering for sorcery do virtually the same thing, but at different costs.

For combos:
    Light: Chompers + Ram-Fan x10
    Celestial: PcDL + RcW rotation
    Rage: Plasma wretch - Dreadful/Frenetic Bombardment

I'm away from my desk so I don't have my WE spec stuff at hand, maybe Crappy wants to share.
  13. Mighty Committed Player

It should be, in a vacuum. But there are other factors that the devs weigh in factoring damage to power. For example, if something is a SC generator, or something adds a PI, or does X-duration DOT damage, or if it moonlights in another role (like it heals, debuffs, CCs, etc.) then the damage is reduced. Other things like cast and animation time, and useable range all factor in.

Some of us have speculated that part of the issue concerning controllers' being a tad underpowered or having to spam high-cost moves (quantum) is because so much of their kit deals CC, and because they basically carry two of every debuff, limiting their full-damage options under the rules of the revamp.
  14. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Give Electric a couple of cast times then and they can have some quickly clippable DoT set ups of their own to make the cast interruptions more bareable... Or make fires casts uninterruptible. Or remove them completely because we can't have one power doing things others can't now can we? Or does set up time on adds only matter when it's nature falling behind? Is this a hybrid loadout with no casts involved we're talking about in terms of how powerful stoke flames is? Well, not everyone will want to do that... I will be but others may not. Fire with casts is as back loaded as anything man, more back loaded than anything even... c'mon now, let it have its thing, in actual content, the casts are going to need it. At the very least help get its cast times brought in line with Ices (if that hasn't happened already) before getting it made weaker.
  15. Moja Developer

Hey I wanted to chime in here and say fantastic work! I'm gonna be working late to make sure this gets ironed out :)
    • Like x 13
  16. planetkiller500 Active Player

Thank you for working over time on this.
    • Like x 2
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's not necessary for them to reduce the damage. Just make it so it can't be clipped in dps role. Problem solved.
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is great, I just have one concern. If/when weapon expert gets corrected to where it's not viable for hybrid play, and you have to actually use hybrid like it was meant to be, how will that affect these numbers? I was just wondering if that could be part of the problem in comparison to combo powers (I know they're low and power costs too high, though). How much will that drop your damage with the clipped rotations? I'm asking because I notice that a very large part of your damage comes more from the weapons than the powers themselves.
    • Like x 1
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Just because you choose to pftt with fire doesn't mean its ok to let stoked remain how it is. After things get some adjustment you should be just fine without it. This is the phase for fine tuning you should be advocating for a better solution to help fires pftt then keeping something thats not working as intended. We should be looking into the damage Fireburst and mass Det do. And in this revamp as much as i wanted a better setup for nature it still has the same long 4 power setup it always did. I just work with it and only use one or 2 dots on adds.
    • Like x 1
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Weapons expert isn't the issue and i doubt its getting changed, even without it Hybrid playstyles are still above combos. I'm pretty sure the dev's mentioned in a post last version of test they are working on/considering some kind of a buff for supperpowered and or hybrid.

If they give superpowered maybe like a 10% might buff when using it and nerf weapons use when its speced into combos and pftt should be right around a hybrid playstyle.
    • Like x 2