GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mexmex Dedicated Player

Yes I have, but following your line of thoughts, where is your real testing, because so for is all whinning based in other people testing feedback, "OH I wanna solo raids or this revamp sucks". and if you are tired of seeing anyone opinions that are opposite to yours what are you doing in an open forums. I loved the way the revamp is going; I loved what they are trying to do, if that is against you, I wont apologize for it
    • Like x 1
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Agree:
    PFTT does need a bit more of an overhaul to it; but it needs to be at certain point so DPS aren't self sustaining themselves like they do on live, Otherwise we wind up back in the situation that we are stuck in on live with Controllers not being wanted in certain situations like alerts since The Controller's main job is to provide power, stun, and debuff.

Maybe something in-between what we have on live and what we got on test right now could be the perfect sweet spot so DPS are able to keep their power afloat, but still need to have controllers to keep going from there.

I also find that DPS powers also have a bit of a clunky feeling on test as well, If you try Quantum PFTT with a Time Bomb Rotation; it doesn't feel smooth at all.

Agree on healing and controlling.

• Like x 2
  3. Xalhadrin New Player

people weren't talking about bosses. they were talking about adds hitting too hard compared to the difference in tiers/cr. We should smash through adds like nothing, especially with that kind of level difference.
    • Like x 3
  4. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I can't thank you enough for being a voice of clarity and sanity amidst this process.

I did some testing earlier on and became extraordinarily frustrated with the direction of the revamp, especially with regards to PftT and in healing (didn't test controlling or tanking at all).

If this goes live in anything remotely resembling what's in this test build, I'm afraid a massive number of people are going to leave and not come back. Again, if it were earlier in the game's life cycle, this might not be such a big deal. But I'm concerned that this radical rework that removes one of DCUO's signature points of appeal--its fast and fluid combat--is going to mean curtains.
    • Like x 8
  5. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

You haven't said anything that is specific to your experience. All you said was yes, but didn't answer any other questions I asked. I gave feed back, I backed up proxy's posts because I wanted to validate my league mate's findings. All you have said are things like"this is good" and "your opinion is wrong" to the other posters.
    • Like x 6
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

if you reffering to our runs, those spikes where, when both my shields were in cooldown and i went out of special force dampening fields... just wanted to note, if that is what you mean by spikes... yeah, i use two shields regularily, sometimes even an SC shield and normally allways got the consumable shields equipped at all times as a dps... thats how i roll ^^ sorry if i ruined your experience
  7. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Now all we need is feedback on tanks they barely getting tested as much as other roles.
    • Like x 1
  8. mexmex Dedicated Player

Ok, first, I did answer right from the start " I have" so I did answer,
    Second I am entitled to say if I like or dislike something as much as you do,
    Third since when i need to prove anything, it is just an opinion. I LIKE THE REVAMP AND AGREE WITH PROGRESSION CURVE, I have mentioned several times why, I think is a step in the right direction. If they need to tune some stuff by all means they should do it.
    And where did i say someone "HEY you are wrong exactly". sigh.
    But don´t worry your god mood might stay after all, so you can obliterated 70% or more of the content. ufff
  9. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Mepps, since you asked for feel, here's how things felt trying a few popular currently soloable missions:

(CR191 ice dps - 190 Box plus 175 face, ring, neck, and utility belt; full might/health mods and gen mods [except head and shoulders being might/power]; 240 sp, full superpower PftT build; sidekick and dps trinkets).

Sunstone Matrix [aka FOS3] (Tier 3 - 8 man)

Adds take way too long to burn down. And they did significant damage. Clipping wintery tempest with reflection each rotation helped me get as far as I did. First boss wiped me before I could get through half health tho.

Takeaway: Will not be running ever again if it makes it as is to live. New players and alts are SOL.

Prime Battleground (Tier 4 - 8 man):

Experience: Adds and bosses take longer to burn, for sure, but not near as bad as FOS3. Had to use soders to make it through, but still soloable in a little over 10 minutes.

Takeaway: Only single reward despite the time investment. Won't bother solo'ing or queing unless someone asks.

Raven Bounty (Tier 5 - 4to8 man)

Experience: A bit of a challenge to solo... gotta beware her AoE... but doable.

Takeaway: Not something I would go out of my way for. Would have to be a friend/leaguemate.

Trigon's Prison (Tier 5 - 4 man)

Experience: Can't skip past the adds anymore without getting overwhelmed in the next room. Almost killed the first boss(es), but they had a little too much health and did too much damage.

Takeaway: Would never queue or walk-in ever again, unless a leaguemate needed a certain feat from it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

No, not at all. the time we ran with you was just one occurence leading to my overall conclusions - it was the general feeling in other runs as well ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

A few of us have been on test in the videos proxy has recorded. Gotta edit this part about the vids, it was screen shots not vids. I had one from WC that i could post but the time was 66mins and i didnt wanna mislead anyone. There were multiple reasons it was that long. And we have been in the testing threads posting what powers we are playing, what content we are running, and spec. There are many people that havent done any of that ;) And some are asking very specific questions and raising some valid concerns and the answer is "i love this revamp"? Cmon. I will ask the same question ive asked others, have u tested anything other then end game raids at 201cr? Have ya tested any older content at level? Have ya tested pftt vs hybrid?

If yes to all of that where is the feedback? And u can honestly say everything seemed fine? Everything seemed close to competitively balanced and all content seemed on par? Its really starting to feel like many of us just keep repeating ourselves and asking the same questions. And the only answer that comes back is "the revamp is awesome!" :confused:

No one has ever said i wanna solo raids and because i cant this revamp sucks. Wow there seems to be a reading comprehension issue. Please go run t2, t3, and t4 raids at level with a group and also try to solo em at end game cr and see what happens. Saying people are whining is ridiculous. People are raising a valid concern here and some of u guys are dismissing it because your mind seems to be made up regardless of any of the testing thats being done.
    • Like x 12
  12. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

This is not a slam against the question - it's a valid question - but a reality check for OG content.

It would be nice if 8 people could get together to test FOS3 at-level, with at-level mods, and with proper roles... but that will likely never happen ever again on live. Once a raid gets old enough - everyone has all the styles and feats they need from it - it's abandoned. The only exceptions are those that go quick, like Paradox Wave as the ultimate example, or FOS3. Notice how almost no one is discussing FOS1 and 2? The OG raids only purpose now is to gear up new players (and get them a few feats if they are intelligent enough to listen to orders), and (for the quick ones) provide salvage materials for end game players. As Proxystar and myself have mentioned previously, we need to find a balance such that it is still worthwhile for high cr players to run the content. If we don't, new players and alts are SOL, and the game will slowly (or not so slowly) die off.
    • Like x 1
  13. majosea Dedicated Player

how about a new mark system for high cr running older content , that can be used in base rent & cross style vendor or new style vendor maybe styles like the one in the style request thread ? would that be worthwhile ?
    • Like x 2
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

glad to hear that ^^
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

And the first thing some testers are saying is "if players leave, so what". I see u47 all over again, hopefully I'm wrong
    • Like x 2
  16. Derio 15000 Post Club

Here is my two cents on the matter

Being able to solo old content at high level provides you with the opportunity to complete content without depending on others while looking for a certain style or just doing the content in general.

The fact is that old content specifically the t3-t5 area where currently on live no support role is needed and you can solo pretty much anything is a godsend simply due to the majority of that content while it is very well done, the game no longer has the playerbase for this content. To where people will be waiting extraneous amounts of time, or people find the comfort in not having to rely on other players for old content.

I rarely run old content on live, but for the sake of the new player running FOS3 on test and getting smashed at 190 made no sense imo. But then again it brings up the question what should be soloable and what should not be soloable. What content should require support roles and what content shouldnt, regardless of the tier bracket or how old the content is.

One big question I have yet seen answered is "Do the devs want endgame players to run old content, or revisit old content?"

My next question is what exactly is the identity of the controller role? Outside of HL controller gameplay style. Based on the pure controller role function I feel that CC and the very essence of returning power to allies is a joke. Moves like recharge (aka insta power) barely move anyones power bar.

Controller is not my main on live, but on live the role does feel fluid and not clunky and I can see the results of insta power.

Is this in regards for balance the way insta power is the way it is? If so can it be explained so we understand the reason.

Healing, I honestly dont have a real gripe here but that is only due to my playstyle where when I am healing its heal allies, use my weapon to deal damage and build power back and occasionally throw out extra damage. Or in other cases full celestial battle heal and have fun. But there are people who just want to sit back and watch green numbers fly due to players taking massive damage and that want to actively heal. And it seems that only exist in elite content now but not at the same level as live currently.

Celestial battle healing is the risk without the reward due to the high power costs on most of the abilities and damage nerf to where honestly just dps with celestial, and heal with another powerset and get some precision for weapon attacks, simple as that due to the battle healing aspect diminished. At the same time in any alert on test healing seems IMO the only reason to bring a healer is because the roleless buff is too weak, but at the same time just throw a hot and you are good to go.

Tanking, as far as fire and atomic go. Its fine, and it feels alot easier than live and more active. No negatives here.

DPS, and this goes for everypowerset, regardless of rotation or skill level. But I feel that PftT is simply too clunky because of the 100 cost powers are the powers currently that people simply dont use on live, simply because they are not visually appealing, spark barrage being a prime example.

Opposed to what is on live where most AM use the biggest hitting moves with no regards to power consumption. Its good that this opens up abilites across the board to be used, but PftT IMO wont be well received in this current state without revision.

Hybrid play like devs said from the beginning is the ideal way to play. At least from what I have played on test.

From what I have seen from others and played on test is this:
    The good things:
    Tanks are good.
    DPS playing Hybrid playstyle is good

The bad things:
    PftT is clunky
    Healing is boring to where I dont see anyone having fun after this update who play healer
    Controllers........ lol controllers..... they have an identity crisis
    Content across the board has been adjusted to where soloing content is much harder and requires some support roles.
    Old content IMO will lose replay value and will need new rewards if you want people to run it to keep queues for new players reasonable.

What I propose:

Review all feedback concerning PftT, as this is pretty much equivalent to AM but on a deeper scale and needs to be successful at the launch of gu73 or this could end up being gu47 all over again.

Healing, needs to be more active

Controlling, I dont think you need to go back to the drawing board, but you need to make this role mean more than just being in the group for PoT. Some other people mentioned debuffs and PI combo chains. If your going to make having support more meaningful, well you have to actually make playing support more desireable instead of the opposite which is what you are doing.

I dont expect this with gu73, but in the future you have to make pugging old content meaningful to give new players a chance to play content rather than waiting hours and hours for a queue. And if thats a new reward system, then so be it.

Other than those regards I will put all other power specific problems in their proper threads, but this is my general feedback for gu73 the stats revamp.

Thank you for reading
    • Like x 7
  17. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Just because superman beats someone once doesn't make it a cakewalk in their next encounter.
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Simple fact about the power situation is that the devs want to make TC mods more helpful and want to add more TC mods in future. It's no other reason that after 6-8 months power is still an issue.
    • Like x 4
  19. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

Hybrid, weapon expert, pftt all need to be looked at and commented on together I see people only talking about 2 that might lead to one doing less damage then another. They need to be compared together
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

One cannot but help notice that you failed to answer the question asked of you as to specifically what have you tested.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.