GU73: Ice

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss Ice in the Stats Revamp.
  2. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

The only thing I see thats not satisfactory with ice is the shield animation swap of wintry ward and reflection
    • Like x 8
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

There is a typo in the description of Resonating Gale. I can't remember specifically what it was right now but it's obvious.
  4. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Well it was stated that winter ward is ices main shield now having higher damage cap(reflections is lower because it reflects). I personally believe it is more of an issue of clarity, ice players are used to seeing the old reflection animation knowing its the best shield now that its not makes sense that it was swapped.
    • Like x 2
  5. jptml217 New Player

Do we expect that the snow devil apparent CR level to be about 15 lower that the character? Not that I think that the total damage is out out line with Wintry Tempest as as something else that does dot damage. Just I would expect a summoned pet as for sorcery and earth to be at your current cr level. Miinor niggle i know.
    • Like x 1
  6. McShotzz Well-Known Player

When this iteration came through it was stated that pets cr will show lower than your cr
  7. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

What are the formulas for ice shields now? And is there a mod transition we can get to convert them if we are already modded resto over dom? Or some other combo? Would be helpful to know so we can spec correctly.
    • Like x 1
  8. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Has anyone tried Ice dps PftT since the July 21st update?
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

CR 166 Ice 17.5k Power, 9.8k Might
    Might/Power VIII in reds, Health/Power VIII in blues, Power VIII in yellows
    197 SP (Superpowered, max Crit Chance/Damage, 135 Might/Power, 1 point in movement mode)
    Absorption Adapter, Core Strength, etc
    Orbital, Supply Drop, Sidekick and standard DPS trinket
    PffT (Impaling Ice, Snowball, Wintry Tempest, Arctic Gust, Reflection, Blizzard)

Absolutely no issues with power at all. I even swapped out gust for Frost Blast or Avalanche and still had no problems. This is while I was trying out old raids solo.

No, I haven't tried creating an optimal loadout/rotation but I could spam whatever was off cooldown and hardly use any power. Of course, most of the issues people are having are at max CR so I cannot answer to that.
  10. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Cool, thanks for the info :)
  11. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Ice Boulder doesn't seem to be benefiting from the weaponization stat... should it not?
  12. The Great NK Well-Known Player

Seriously, we're this far into the update and we still have no idea why the animations of wintry ward and reflection have changed? I would expect them to have had them changed by now, or, at the very least, give us an explanation as to why they were changed.
  13. McShotzz Well-Known Player

The animations were changed because reflection is no longer the main shield, winter ward is. Its more of a case of familiarity. People are used to seeing the reflect animation and knowing its going to last. Now that winter ward is the dominant shield it makes perfect sense to swap animations just for conveniences sake.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.