GU73: Nature

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

SUGGESTION :

Make ROAR 360 AoE instead of that cone, with what looks like toon is spitting graphics, make it more like an Howl
    • Like x 1
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Can someone inform me on why primal wolf has been changed into a supercharge? To say the least, I find it quite baffling.
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I think its weird having the forms supers that you just stay in forever. If they are going to be supers i'd say give them a good bonus and a 60 second duration like how Gorilla is on live or if you want people to be able to stay in the form just make them regular abilities with very small buffs like they were before.

Also The supercharge Rampage does almost nothing, a crit buff of 10% is barely noticeable at all and is just a waste of a supercharge. To be worth while its going to need a higher crit buff or just change it a % based damage increase like circuit breaker. Not sure what you wanna do with it but as is its very underwhelming.

I also hope the poison spreading issue with thorn burst is being addressed :D
    • Like x 1
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

like the iconic, sonic cry, only make it a howl unstead... at least let us interupt the chanel with blocking or jumpcancel.... pls!
    also i think the thorn burst should absorb dammage for a while, not a full shield, but at least dammage reduction... cost is very high...
    we dont have a 200 burst power, all 200's are DOT powers... then nature is either empty power or full... i don't know what to do...
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I think that Savage Growth's Healing effect should be moved to the Supercharge generator - Serpent call.

Or if it would be possible for Serpent call to get a Healing role effect and share a Pheromone stack with Cross Poli pls ?
  6. JasonIsley Devoted Player

o_O I'm trying to imagine that.
  7. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Supercharge generators should be available to support roles but that cant happen without tweaks.

Serpent call in Healer role could deal reduced damage and setting same Pheromone stack like Cross Poli.
    It would be dope Hybrid power, kinda like Shard of Life.
    • Like x 1
  8. JasonIsley Devoted Player

That would be awesome as a hybrid power.
  9. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Final thoughts for Nature Healing

Straight to the point, most of the individual outputs of healing are really weak and you're going to need to rely on using roar setup with at least 3 pheromone stacks to cover heavy damage, this is going to cost you a ton in terms of power and makes nature one of the most power hungry healers out of the four currently on test.

Some of my suggestions for it, maybe not for GU73 but for the future to help it because it's fairly behind Electric and Celestial.

Reduce Pheromone strength and redistribute it back to the individual healing abilities, this makes it so we're less dependent on needing to setup pheromones constantly for a big heal from roar.

Consolidate the HoTs of Savage Growth from 9 to 5, for a core ability, it's too weak to use, consolidating the HoTs to 5 allows the chance for a bigger crit heal. Reduce the cooldown to 1.5s, if there is small damage being taken from the group there isn't anything you can use frequently which doesn't hurt your ability to heal. Flourish is 6s CD and no other ability works similarly to Savage Growth.

Consolidate the HoTs of Metabolism from 23 to 10 for the same reasoning as Savage Growth.

Revert the range increase to cross pollination and instead increase the strength, frequently in this revamp abilities that were limited by range were instead given more range, for certain abilities that's fine but I don't see why it was needed here, just make it more rewarding to use for the situation, my reasoning is because an ability like this completely down to player skill/positioning rather than it being restricted like Circle of Protection or Electrogenesis. (It's also a burst ability which is less punishing than the two examples I've provided which is why range increases rather than strength increases are questionable, I position correctly I use the ability, it's burst I get immediate results, with HoTs that's not the case because people are always moving and the total healing output is delayed)

If the individual abilities had more impact then there would be a reduced requirement of needing to spam roar. Also because of the reduced duration of pheromones you basically need to use flourish regardless of life bars every 11s atleast, this means in situations when you actually need to use it for the healing you'd need to use something much more overkill like Roar since everything else does too little too slowly and because of the high costs on everything trying to refresh your pheromones in a stressful situation can be too much to handle.

Hopefully this PoV of a difficult and stressful fight overgeared can help show you what I'm trying to portray

(Please ignore the rage from everyone, we were getting frustrated)
  10. Camper New Player

Return shapeshifting as it was 5 years ago. Pterosaur form, a gorilla haven't SUPERCHARGE.
  11. Camper New Player

Return Shapeshifting as it was 5 years ago:

- Pterosaur form
    - Gorilla form. Haven't SUPERCHARGE

Nature was divided into two parts : Plants and Shapeshifting.
  12. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Just to add on to my previous post, I think Natures HoTs should be stronger than the majority of other power sets due to because how HoT based it is, the only really big burst we receive are tools other power sets have too, through cross pollination = galvanize and bloom (bloom is an exception due to the initial burst you receive but it's 15s cd).

Consolidating those HoT numbers is really important because they're my main source of low cooldown healing that isn't conditional to range/cooldown/functionality. This is the reason why it is being perceived very power hungry to use, the healing from these HoTs aren't quick enough for stressful situations which essentially makes it spammy:

(I see sg and metabolism heal slowly, the damage incoming is accelerating, I have to use flourish but the damage incoming is still overwhelming, sg and metabolism would still be on cooldown/ticking their previous activation so I'd have to spam blossom or roar to hope it mitigates the damage)

If you do the reduction in pheromone strength it'd affect Metabolism, Savage Growth, Bloom, Cross Pollination and Flourish by making them stronger, the passive bonus I gain for the pheromone effect is only really useful for Roar exploiting them. But how nature healing is right now after everything I said in the example above I would need to use my HoTs again but I'd probably be out of power and this is where it's power issues lie. Again you can see this in the video I posted above.

And the reasoning for a 1.5s cooldown on Savage Growth is to allow me to quickly and frequently mitigate small amounts of damage, Celestial has this through Consume Soul and it's combo variant so I don't see why this isn't possible here. If Consume Soul and it's combo variant had 3s cooldowns it's power issues would also be exasperated because you'd most certainly be using the priority heal to overkill someone life bar back to full, so it's similar to what's happening with Nature right now.
    • Like x 2
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So I messed around with healing finally and i agree with everything stated in the post above. I've had my focuses else where for most of the revamp and always heard about the horror stories of power consumption issue and when i tried it for myself i was shocked. I can burn though my entire power bar incredibly fast and still not give everyone the heals they need.....thats crazy, healing power costs really need to be lowered and not just for nature all healing powers need to be looked at.
    • Like x 3
  14. VioletSorceress Committed Player

All I want is a second hybrid ability for when I heal a random daily alert, there is no force to make me main role Healer for raids anymore. Plus I feel like my Nature toon have done enough healing already so just dpsing from now on!
    I can keep my white azz safe and well good enough and I dont want to be blamed for people dying cause I couldnt bring them back from the dead. Give this update time to go Live for a week and people will be back with their notes and thoughts about Healer role in general. Hotfixes incoming!! I have forseen it ! :D:D
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Were you testing with a Controller?
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yep
  17. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Ew. Hope it gets looked at.
  18. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This is still happening so i'll repost it. I really hope it gets looked into cause running a melee loadout with thorn burst on test really stinks the way it is right now.

Bug Report:

So today when running content i noticed a bug with spreading when using thorn burst. It doesn't spread poisons to each target it hits only a small area around the targeted target.

On live server thorn burst will spread poisons to any target it touches regardless if its locked onto the target that has the poisons on it. So example...if i put a dot on one npc then get knocked around or turn around and hit a different npc with thorn burst as long as the npc with the dot gets hit by thorn burst or is in the radius of its spread distance it will spread the dot to each target it hits or in that radius. So basically as long as you put a dot on something and thorn burst hits that target or its in its spreading radius that dot will get spread.

I'll post some vids from live server and test below to give a better idea of what im talking about.

In this first vid here i show the small area thorn burst spreads and you can see that it hits targets behind me but yet doesn't spread the dots to them. The spread/refresh shouldn't be a radius on a target targeted but rather a radius from the player. This makes thorn burst kinda crappy in content when your missing targets while spreading. Nature already has a long setup time and can't really afford to have issues like this while spreading dots.

This second vid is showing the issue when not locked onto the target with poisons while trying to spread with thorn burst. Normally you can hit any npc with thorn burst and as long as theres a npc with a poison on it somewhere in thorn burst radius the poisons will get spread to all.

Heres a vid from live server showing how thorn burst should be working.

Heres another vid from live showing that as long as thorn burst hits a target or is in the radius around you poisons will be spread to it.

Its pretty important that Thorn burst gets fixed and gets back to working like it does on live cause if not its gonna make running melee dps with nature hell and very frustrating. When running open world and alerts today i found my dots not getting spread to things that were right behind me over and over and that was pretty frustrating because instead of my next move being a good burst i have to try and turn all kinda ways to re-spread my dots on things that should have got hit with them the first time :(
    • Like x 1
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

When you say, the heals they need, are you talking about bringing everyone up to full? Were you the only healer? Were all teammates taking damage or just the tank? I think those were questions raised before but I feel like people still want solo healing to be the norm on live. And I know you don't want that, just asking for more info.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.