GU73: Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss Quantum in the Stats Revamp.
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I've tried two loadouts with Quantum using time bomb in a PFTT loadout, and for me it just doesn't work or flow well. There's always a bit of a really clunky feeling whenever I try to use time bomb in a loadout.

I've tried one with Graviton Charged, and I've tried one with destabilized PI involved and It just doesn't flow well in my opinion.

Personally I think this is due to Time Bomb's 6 second cooldown, It doesn't flow well enough for me to work with. Also: Since it has a 6 second cooldown, you'll only be able to use Time bomb twice in a rotation before you need to refresh your PI.

Request:

Could Gravitonic Charge and Tachyon burst become aoe? I think that would help out with more diversity and potential smooth flow within Quantum PFTT right now.

Alcubierre Wave:

This thing has an Uber Slow Animation for a 300 power cost, this also adds to the Clunky Factor that I've been talking about .

Overall: Quantum just doesn't seem to flow well enough for me, at this rate If I want to feel good & smooth when I'm using Quantum I'd probably be better off using Hybrid.
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Post your loadouts.
  4. L T Devoted Player

Singularity is still doing weak damage. It's damage is spread over time, but it's doing less damage than pretty much all the other 200 cost pi applicators.

It might make sense to switch Gravity Bomb with A-wave as far as power cost and damage? Might be more useful since gravity bomb is full range, on the other hand projectiles can miss. Not sure about that.

Other than that Quantum powers seem to be right about in-line with where they should be. It should be a good all-around power for any of the three focus types.
    • Like x 2
  5. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Minor Bug: Quantum Bubble appears after exiting an instance.
    Note: did not have it on as I exited mission's instance.

Not sure if its pervasive but I'll express it here anyways.
  6. Hemmy Committed Player

I agree with this, if we could possible up the damage on Singularity that'd be great.
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

On test atm an I agree with this I have tried like 5 different loadouts with PFTT I am unable to do a solo without drinking at least 2 to 3 soders. It's not smooth at all it is very slow. I am so sad atm Quantum has been my favorite power for 2 years now an I am quantum on Silky on Live.

There is no way to PFFTT without doing any type of weapon attacks at all unless it is adjusted with power costs an the 6 second timebomb cool down.
    • Like x 2
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Which solo? CR? Devs and other players need these specifics to verify and possibly support your assertion.
  9. SilkyPawz Bunny

I am respeccing again been running the raising hades duo. I have a league mate testing with me also will come back an comment again.
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am just glad i can finaly get time bomb out of my loadouts, even though i will tend to go a little bit more in direction PFTT, speccing into power mastery, i still use some weapon attacks. anyways: time bomb doesn't fit with pftt at all. i just don't get why everyone want to keep exactly what made quantum AM so bad and try everything to make it fit, when clearly it shows a severe backlash in all directions.
  11. The VL Active Player

I've been testing with Silky. Like a few other powers, PftT does not seem as efficient or smooth as Hybrid. Before people jump on asking for specifics, here is the basis. This power regen is not at all like power back for AM, you gradually start use more power than you regen. Now anyone could say "maybe your loadout has to many 300 costs" or "thats not an efficient PftT loadout" or "you need more 100s." Are we meant to use certain powers then? Not powers that we may necessarily want? For example, do we use 100/200 power costs that we don't prefer just to sustain our own power bar? Factor in things like being interrupted, knocked-back, needing to breakout, etc, and all in all it starts to become rough and unsustainable. Let me ask what supporters of PftT are using, what is the formula that is working for you? (2 200 costs, 1 300 cost, 1 100 cost, supercharge, another 100? 200?).
    As far as Hybrid goes, it seems to be much more efficient in allowing me to maintain my own power while being able to use the loadout that I want to use.
    • Like x 3
  12. SilkyPawz Bunny

Cr 201, running Raising Hades duo, 6s cool down of Time Bomb makes it slow, Distortion Wave not enough Damage for a 300 power cost, (Tachyon Burst, Time Shift) feels ok for 200 power cost Quantum Tunneling << been switching this out with Warped Realty an Sc Oblivion. Needed my supply drop an had to drink a soder or wait between boss fights to regen power.

I am specced into Might/Power mods, I have all my tactical mods an full 175 gear, 197 skill points.

So Far to finish a Duo is the Hybrid Build to get the best power back.
    • Like x 2
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Not to be a downer here, but who said Time Bomb had to be only for PftT? Is it really the end of the world to toss 1 weapon attack in there at the end? Plus, I'm pretty sure that putting TB and spamming the 100 cost four times is enough to hit its cap, or am I wrong? The cap isn't very high.
    • Like x 2
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It depends on the type of content you're running. In solos or duos where the adds burn relatively fast, you regen a lot of power when adds fall. From there, you just have to keep tabs on your power (like any other MMO really). If it's dipping too low, use a 300-cost DoT and spam 100 cost powers for a while. True, even using 100 cost powers will run you out if you're using them constantly.

Two possible solutions:
    A. Devs buff power back in solo/duo content a little more.
    B. Devs buff power back with Superpowered mode a bit more to keep it in line with Hybrid.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I just ran JFA on test. We wiped on 2nd boss so top DPS went Heal for that. That player was Celestial. I had to troll adds between first and 2nd boss. I ended up 3rd DPS and was in the middle for power in. I had Oblivion on my bar but started with no SC so that would have impacted my overall damage. I only used Oblivion maybe 3 times. For adds, my loadout was Singularity>Time Bomb>Lift>Gravity Bomb>Inspiral 3 times. If you are still on same group of adds, it is optional to cast Singularity. Although, since it was a raid, I probably should have cast Singularity after Time Bomb. It would result in one less Inspiral Wave cast. Singularity allows you to apply PI if moving quickly.

For boss fights, I am not sure what my best loadout is. The one that flowed best seemed to be Gravity Well>Time Bomb> Lift>Energy Expulsion>Inspiral Waves. I did not use Empowered Channeling which may have hurt my damage due to the control effects in the 2nd boss. EE can work on adds though too because if one add dies, your channel will go to another target.

TBH - Distortion Wave is a raid level ability for lots of adds. It has no place in a duo loadout because sometimes, you are only fighting two enemies which is two whole ticks of damage, 1 per target. It follows the normal splitting rules now too. You can get more damage from a lower cost ability. I would only advise using Warped Reality in a weapon-heavy spec.
    • Like x 1
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Having to always change abilities is just clunky. And of course not every quantum player has 4 armories. I was on test last night and after about 20mins of testing quantum i was so frustrated i just logged off. We shouldnt need a different loadout for every piece of content we run. Thats just plain silly. Also starting to wonder why we even have a pftt play style when hybrid seems to be superior with any powerset ya play. I knew this was gonna happen and called it right from the start.
    • Like x 4
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

No, some people may settle on one loadout. That was my first time Quantum DPS in a raid. It's going to take experimentation. I tried a loadout on 2nd boss that did not flow at all, though I think it did good damage. With the way Vandal and Per were jumping around, I could probably do without Gravity Well at all in that raid. And thinking about US and the GG fight, GWell would be a waste there. So maybe not multiple changes during the entire raid but being flexible.
  18. SilkyPawz Bunny

I understand that was the last loadout I had tried. I had gone through like 3 or 4 loadout previously. I tried different ones, like you said I wanted to experiment but it falls a little short the power cost vs the damage for those cost an Time Bomb 6second cool down. Not many people have the luxury of having 3 or 4 armouries for different loadout, which seems like what you will need.
  19. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Here is the thing you must remember which I think a lot of people are not looking at when it comes to builds with any power: do I get more damage from one cast of a 300 power or 2 casts of a 100 power?

Now, it sounds like you aren't a fan of the 6 second cooldown. Previously, people complained about it, the Devs changed it, people hated it more because they also lowered the damage potential from Time Bomb. Devs graciously undid this change.

Running JFA I was able to change 2 powers in my loadout during the cut scene for boss fights.
  20. SilkyPawz Bunny

Your right not a fan of 6 second cool down , being it costs 300 power it should have a reasonable cool down time, or they should have more burst damage for quantum, the 100 power costs barely do any damage. Not that I want to bulldoze through things.

My point was as stated on stream by Avair , I will be unable to play from the tray because, I will need to use soders, my supply drop to even get through a solo. I should not need to do that. I am not trying to rush I even waited for power regen an used my weapon, I tried HB an Dual Pistols. So far mental works the best an feels better then even quantum, if powers are balanced properly then quantum should be up to par with mental. I should not need 4 armouries for quantum dps loadout either.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.