GU73: Gadgets

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss Gadgets in the Stats Revamp.
  2. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Was the fake damage bug fixed? I haven't seen an update on that.
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

"Damage to an entity of the same faction will no longer be added to the scorecard."

It has been fixed.
    • Like x 1
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report(?)
    Cryo-Field's power interactions are quite inconsistent, especially setting up Burning on an Electrified enemy.

Demonstration video:

I cast Gauss Grenade and then Cryo-Field. I try running up to and standing beside sparring target to see if the Burning power interaction will stick. Usually, it doesn't. It only seems to last for a second. However, I was able to setup a 12 second Burning power interaction at 23 seconds.

Even setting up the Frostbite power interaction is weird:

Frostbite wasn't applied at initialization. I had to back away and run into the first sparring target a second time. I'm not seeing the Frostbite effect on the second sparring target at the end of the video.

The only way I can get Frostbite to stick is to stand beside a target for ~3 seconds. The Burning one is always unreliable, even if I stand in place the entire time.
    • Like x 2
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    My character can't hit the broad side of a barn with Napalm Grenade:

25% hit rate isn't very good.

That video was made today.

If you move your character at all in between attacks, your next Napalm Grenade is probably going to miss.
    • Like x 3
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Is this also happening with open world adds, or just with the sparring targets?
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm seeing the same behavior in open world.
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Does anyone know where I can get a general overview of revamp gadgets? I tried to keep track of it but I seem to have lost the thread, both metaphorically and literally.
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

Surprise Attack descriptions says 300 power cost but has no power cost, either description is wrong or ability power cost not working as intended.
  10. Riger Well-Known Player

Out of curiosity, does gadget still have the drone SC, and is it still the top controller due to said drone?
  11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

It has been like that for months. I've reported it several times.

Battle Drone is still around. It provides a group shield for 12 seconds and restores power for ~8 seconds in Controller role. The power return on it is the same as about every other Controller group power heal supercharge.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    What are the details for pet scaling after the latest hotfix? Whenever I try to summon Suppressor Turret at CR 201, I get a CR 175 pet:

Any trinket pet I summon at CR 201 shows up as a CR 175 pet.
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The latest hotfix notes mention that Taser Pull is supposed to be an AoE power, but it is currently a single-target power. Can it just be left as is? It is currently working very well in that niche. Taser Pull works great for doing targeted damage in large crowds and for certain feat attempts. If it gets switched back to AoE, there wouldn't be much to differentiate it from Gauss Grenade and Gadgets doesn't have many decent single-target options.
  14. L T Devoted Player

Gadgets
    • General:
      • Dazing Gadgets
        • Stealth:
          • Now detaunts and Dazes surrounding enemies, setting up for immediate PI exploitation.
      • Electric Gadgets
        • Gauss Grenade:
          • Now 100 cost, stuns in Control Role, and returns as a Defense Debuff.
      • Fire Gadgets
        • Napalm Grenade:
          • Now 100 cost. On Live, this ability benefits from Electrify and Frostbite, but we switched the Electrify exploit to Daze to better fit the model. Knocks down in Control Role and remains a Healing Debuff.
        • Thermite Mine:
          • Now 100 cost and knocks down in any role. Because of its cast time and its point-blank delivery, its damage output is greater than Napalm Grenade.
    • Fear Gas:
      • This is no longer channeled and will set up the damage over time even if your character jumps at activation time.

Suppressor is not a temporary pet like Nature's Swarm and Ice's Frost Devil. It does decent damage over time, plus sets up PIs.
    Some abilities get a damage bonus when used within Stealth. I'm guessing Penryn could supply a complete list. I only really tested a couple.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...date-73-the-stats-revamp.288425/#post-3980728
    Looks like it's a visual bug. They did bring down everything, so my assumption is, to make pets go down in stats, they essentially adjusted their CR brackets and then are renumbering the displayed numbers.
  16. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

Bumping this up in hopes that it gets noticed. Please fix, Moja!
  17. Predicament Well-Known Player

This has been mentioned before but, without clipping Stealth with Cryo-Field(give 1-2 second wait after cast) any dot done to target automatically takes you out of steath. May we please not have Cryo-Field Take us out of stealth please, not sure if it's supposed to be intended or not but if there is a way to make this happen it would be great, cryo-field has been my favorite power since launch and preAM days. Now that it's useful again i want to keep it in my loadout as well has being able to use stealth.

I like being able to use stealth to hold my SC, My Battle Display, and popping Surprise attack every time my stealth is off cooldown, I am not able to stay in stealth while cryo-field is up. Even if i don't register a hit on a target, if i have it up at all my stealth doesn't last a second, please devs make cryo-field not take us out of stealth.
    • Like x 1
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Bug report:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but cryofeild increases the hit counter with each tic while other dots do not.
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

Possible Bug: Gadgets Finisher Photon Blast is not counterable, no counter symbol.

No Bueno for PvP.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Does revamp gadgets have good ranged dots?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.