GU73: Nature

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polythesis Active Player

So again are we saying a certain play style is more beneficial, so in fact they are not balanced...and you can't in fact play 'your' way.

PFFT should not be pointless in a support role imo
  2. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Well Im of the opinion that each different Mastery should evolve to grant additional buffs beside the different ways to get Power back. Bringing further customized play styles.

Sadly, people are super "worried" about lower content tiers atm and all other comments are buried under tons of complaints about tier2,3 difficulty...
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Let me ask you this: do you think Weapon Mastery/Weapon Expert would be a valid play style for a healer?
  4. Polythesis Active Player

Now this I would agree with.

As to Black Jaq - I see where you are going with this however....if a support roles chooses to use this as a battle healer/troll/tank surely that should be a viable option to regenerate their power? I myself will/do use weapons but when the fight gets intense and all I am doing is keeping everyone alive i would expect I should be able to PFFT with minimal weapon support and have enough power to so, no?
  5. McShotzz Well-Known Player

In all fairness a decent of low content is skewered, it just can't be glanced over and ignored
  6. Polythesis Active Player

In all fairness started a character and went straight to cr100 and only used 60 SP with no mods (which is the expectation of new players on live right now that skip to cr100) and doing missions in Gotham Under Seige was really grim - survived the solo bosses but only just (and i'm an experienced player), I cant imagine the experience a new player is going to have. :(
  7. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Actually you can use only weapon taps and clip them by abilities. You regen power and keep use abilities.
  8. Polythesis Active Player

I do using Martial Arts Enhanced Shuriken but was not enough to regenerate power for me to keep people alive on a final boss. (adds are no issue whatsoever - even sub bosses). Maybe I'm using the wrong weapon but it works for me to be able to clip abilities.

Anyways my original point:

Imagine trying to run this content at level with VI synth mods......I get content should be challenging but not just challenging for players with every mod/sp imaginable and absolutely impossible for others that are working through the tier and getting their gear/mods (forget the bad players that have been carried thus far to end game and dont have sp or even white mods because they wont have a chance)
    • Like x 1
  9. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Devs expect the whole group to behave well and minimize risks/ stay out of trouble. If group is suicidal anyway, there is nothing you can do to save them. This is the huge difference between Live server healing where you can bring people out from the dead and what has been on Test for a while now.

Like I said, all you can do now is set up HoTs and watch suicidal people die. You will be yelled at, probably blamed for group's misfortune and kicked out but that is what lays ahead.

Healers have now the toxic combo of lowered Healing out and Higher power costs compared to Live Server.

BTW,
    Weapon Expert wont be viable Battle Healing option either unless Devs ease things out for Healers at least from Power costs side.
  10. Polythesis Active Player

Amen to that - not just me then :)

This truly is going to have a negative impact to support roles rather than give them meaning.
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

That's sort of a stretch there without a controller in the group. On Live now, I am unable to full PftT on powers alone without a controller. As always, group make up has a lot to do with it. People on Live needlessly take damage because they think healers will get them through it. Don't expect that to change.

"Playing your way" is an expression that players now try to hold over the Devs heads. We can get absurd about it but it solves nothing. Not everything will be viable. Players are finding this to be true on the DPS side because some of the combo powers are weaker using hybrid builds.

TBH, I don't think people have figured out how to spec for battle roles yet. As posted in another thread, someone battle tanked as Ice which meant he put the weapon buff in his bar. He didn't change his spec, just the loadout slightly. Personally I think Resto/power mods is the way to go, then change where you put your SP. Right now, you have the luxury via test to figure it out. At least you posted your loadout. I've seen many people make posts about powers, yet never give their loadout. Strange.
  12. Polythesis Active Player

OK stretch I admit but trying to establish a point. Currently on Live I can keep a group alive without a troll and still never exhaust my power bar (and can do so without having full SF generator mods or full 175 gear//sf mods- so either my heals are stronger or power is regen is is awesome (personally I would say the latter).

Also on live celestial healer can combo heals and hardly ever run out of power

Ether way healer - GU73 is going to be an issue for most of the poulation
    • Like x 1
  13. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

It's only going to be an issue if the healing population blatantly ignores that REVAMP isn't like LIVE, and continue to head into alerts without a troll.

All of your feedback here would be solved if you'd simply had a troll in your group.
    • Like x 1
  14. Polythesis Active Player

lol yh because that's realistic...
  15. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I think that Serpent call should be made into a Hybrid ability for Healers.
    Maybe if Serpent call shares a pheromone stack with another power so people can choose between the two?

Probably all Supercharge Generators should have Hybrid functionality and additional effect while in Support roles.
  16. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Make a troll friend or 2 that plays actively. I have personal Controllers on Live and I'm their personal Healer. It's the best way to get through content. You can't pug everything, especially if you're a talented player. Share your gift with other talented players, don't sell yourself short.
    • Like x 2
  17. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

Could personal auras stay on transformations to? id like to have a smoke aura on my monkey etc id even maybe like dog if it had aura ... god i hate the dog :D
    • Like x 1
  18. McShotzz Well-Known Player

while looking at "current abilities" while in dog form it says thrash spreads poisons, the description of it through loadout out doesn't mention this and it doesn't spread spores. and could the dogs atleast do aoe damage from pack leader?
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

i am totally glad you made players stay in shape when transformed. thanks you all for this change, made my day!
    BUG REPORT:
    the action menue (were you can see current effects and such) tells you the names of martial arts combo attacks in wolf form,
    while in wolf form, of course you dont have cartwheel kick and smoke bomb and all those.
    SUGGESTION:
    when transformed, show the players what weapon combos they realy can use, unstead of those they can't use currently.
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

could you give thorn burst a shield buff effect, not completely shielding all dammage, more like a dammage reduction?
    SUGGESTION:
    thorn burst reduces incomming dammage while if no poison effet is spread... nature is realy lacking a second shield now...
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.