GU73: Nature

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss Nature in the Stats Revamp.
  2. L T Devoted Player

There is no separate loadout for Dog Form on the load out screen. Seems like it should show what your load out is going to be, even if you can't change it.

In a brief initial test, the dog minions don't attack as often or as quickly as swarm. Do they taunt or CC?

In dog form you have no means of attack other than your ability tray, so superpowered focus is the way to go if you're a dog lover.
    • Like x 2
  3. comrade sonya Committed Player

Im not sure when dog form was added back into nature but thank you for listening to feedback! I like the pack leader ability ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Update notes state that Savage Growth consumes Poisons. I hope it was a typing mistake cause that would hurt us a lot.

Im not sure Wolf's weapon combos are strong enough for the buffs he has.
    Id probably try to use Wolf just for a LO expansion to carry the 2 single target Poisons and Thorn Burst. And generally would try to spam more and avoid using much if any weapon combos and clipping.

Swarm now seems very weak too. Even in Precision based build, Poisons seem to perform better than Swarm, I wonder if it is worth using at all.
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Its got to be a typo cause its still a melee burst and thank god cause that burst is whats holding nature together on adds. Last time the notes were messed up for savage growth to, I think someone is messing with us lol
  6. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Is it just me or do the dogs from pack leader tick damage really slowly, and i noticed once or twice that moving between ads with dogs out one just stays with the dead ad refusing to move.
    • Like x 1
  7. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Dog form is back, now we just need pterosaur back
    • Like x 4
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

When running Dog Form, of which I am grateful to have back, I have seen two issues.
    1) When running Leader of the Pack; usually I get 2 extra dogs; once I got 4 dogs. Is that intended? The dogs in the pack are not as aggressive as one would wish for SuperHero Dogs. I guess I can say that for the Dog Form as well; it needs more bite.
    2) When using Thrash and Fling; the cooldowns are too slow. It ends up that all you can do is either block, or go invisible. This downtime after Thrash and Fling have hit lowers the Dog Forms DPS rate significantly.
    Current live version allows Thrash and Fling to be used in a continuous fashion. Being there is no melee weapon, or bite for the dog the downtime leads to inactivity.
    • Like x 1
  9. McShotzz Well-Known Player

You get 2 when you transform and 2 when using the ability so at the beginning of it you can have 4, as far as i know after they despawn the only way to get 4 is pop out and back in
    • Like x 2
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Thanks!
  11. Polythesis Active Player

Have ran SJ twice now as a nature healer with 3 other DPS (once before GU73 and once after). Healing is better but....

I am no great player by any means but I do know the mechanics and I know my role however I struggled to solo heal the last boss.

The rate at which the boss hits is faster that my HoT and if I use burst my HoT stacks are gone which in turn trying to spam means I am out of power (I had cola's and trinkets) and I am PFTT and even used sc insectoid but still couldn't keep up.

Now considering the group were all 201cr fully modded (which let's face it on LIVE this would be rare) and case in point I had full SF generator mods - I think think this is going to HURT very badly when live. Like I said I am no great player, in fact pretty average but I would go as far to say that most of your player base are!

A second DPS swapped to healer and we finally got through it (although we both had power issues even then). DPS are not going to be able to pew pew through a skull and expect a solo healer to keep them alive without a troll. I shudder at WC - Perdagaton/Eclipso

To me I felt the cool down on Flourish was too long and Blossom/SG is too power heavy as burst, either that or heals are too weak.

Imagine trying to run this content at level with VI synth mods......I get content should be challenging but not just challenging for players with every mod/sp imaginable and absolutely impossible for others that are working through the tier and getting their gear/mods (forget the bad players that have been carried thus far to end game and dont have sp or even white mods because they wont have a chance)

As an average player, I love what you have done with the revamp, but as support roles go may have to give them up because I clearly cant do them! I would imagine the same will happen across the board and potentially what was meant to give support roles meaning will kill them off instead.
    • Like x 2
  12. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Hybrid is best choice for support. Try it...
    If you prefer PftT than you need at least 50 sp(better 100) into Might\Power.
  13. Polythesis Active Player

Thanks Memphis I will give it a shot......but isn't that going against the revamp ethos that no play style should be superior to another?

Edit: After I put the 60 in crits everything else went to resto?
  14. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

and they did but dog form back -.-

and correct me if im wrong but i never knew beastboy powers alloved him to summon other dogs or him multiply into more than one dog.

DOG.... guess we were ment to fight gigant robots as a rotveiler forever "creative" indeed devs.
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

If there are players out there that can make PftT work, than no. Just curious to what your LO is?
  16. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Nature isn't solely based on Beast Boy. It also takes inspiration from Swamp Thing, Poison Ivy, Animal Man and Black Orchid.
  17. Polythesis Active Player

Operative word being 'If'. Like I said I am sure there are players that can make it work, I'm just giving feedback about how I found it. Memphis said I should try Hybrid as it is better for support and in so saying is suggesting (and what my reply was based on) that there is a play style which is more beneficial to others for different roles.

I used the following loadout: Cross Poll/Flourish/Blossom/Swarm Shield/Roar/SC insectoid.
    • Like x 1
  18. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Personally id run savage growth over roar
  19. Polythesis Active Player

yeah but then you would have 2 very high power cost abilities.

So are we saying that PFTT players need to split their stst points into might/power AND resto when Dps only need to put into might/power?

Instead of having to split your stat points why not have:

Might/Power or Precision/Power = DPS
    Resto/Power = Healers
    Dominance/Power = Tanks
    Vitalisation/Power - Trolls
    • Like x 1
  20. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Going for Power Mastery would be pointless since reactive healing was thrown out the window.
    Best you can do is going for Hybrid and set up HoTs while trying to push some damage with weapon clipping.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.