GU73: Iconic and Movement Abilities

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss iconic and movement abilities in the Stats Revamp.
    • Like x 1
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

the flight movement power "high pressure" shares now the same animation like wirlwind attack, wich is a pitty.
    can you please change it back somehow to the cool high pressure animation on live, or something similar like it?
    SUGGESTION:
    you could take the animation of the power "vacuum spin" from supermans legend character for example...
    it should have about as the same activation time and would at least look different than wirlwind attack ;)

also: any chance for super speeds dash attack to become a normal power, instead of a supercharge?
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

any chance we could see new iconic powers in the future, taken from legend characters?
    there are so many, many, many cool powers that only legends have currently, why not make them available?
    i mean, they are allready in the game... don't you think it would be easy to convert them somehow?
    • Like x 6
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

just a detail: why has super strengh its own row, when in the iconics menu, in the first line, there would be place for one more power?
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

shouldn't downdraft exploit lifted targets? there are several powers that can levitate,
    i think it would be cool if targets would get dammage from weaponizing... just an idea ^^
    • Like x 1
  6. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Could Speedsters get a normal power version of Dash Attack please ?

Also, Whirlwind Dervish is hardly any useful for being vulnerable to interruption.
    • Like x 2
  7. mexmex Dedicated Player

how eeffective is an hybrid game style using movement powers and iconics only???
    • Like x 2
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I was wondering the same thing.
    • Like x 1
  9. McShotzz Well-Known Player

The animations are really awkward and clunky for most of the iconics and movement abilities, and the channeled powers are still a self-root. It could be done but i dont see it being optimal or barely even viable
    • Like x 1
  10. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Probably wont happen but it would be cool if Acrobats can glide and zip to walls while in battle at least in PvE areas.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

it is actually not only possible, but does good dammage aswell... some powers got strange animation (for example "high pressure" and wirlwind attack look GOOFY and AWKWARD ^^') however, they produce strong numbers... if you take low pressure (setup PI), high pressure (exploits PI and embarasses players), the breakout ability of your movement, hardlight shield (strong, but long cooldown) and neo venom boost (supercharge), then you will have a completely fine working loadout leaving one spot for maybe the weapon buff or a situational power you can change, based on the instance... sonic shout and sonic cry also share the dazzed PI, but it is very annoying to hear those and i guess they are not exactly as strong. downdraft is also good, doesnt need a setup because it has no exploit (i think it would be awesome if it would do additonal dammage to levitated targets).

however... no matter how strong high pressure is: with the currently animation, i wil never use it!
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

about BREAKOUTS:
    they COULD be very usefull, but theyr cooldowns are in no way justifyable...
    they dont give mana back (as far as my testing goes, at least i never saw any power back at all),
    also they dont shield you, so a shield cooldown is odd... you get controlled very often,
    maybe a cooldown of 3 seconds or something would help making those breakouts more viable...
  13. L T Devoted Player

The movement abilities in particular are very strong. Some of the ones in Flight got changed quite a bit (Whirlwind and High Pressure are now point blank melee, and Low Pressure is a 360 degree mid-range AOE pull).

Sonic Shout and Sonic Cry are pretty weak given their range. Freeze Breath and Head Vision do ok. Other than that Iconic powers do slightly below average damage.

Neo-Venom Boost is now a supercharge that gives a strong defense and attack buff. Good for melee style play.
    Word of Power is the only non-troll supercharge that returns power now, so I expect it will see a lot of use.
    • Like x 1
  14. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Breakouts will have some value for PffT dps since once u put 60 SP in Crit and 175 in Power, there is nothing else useful to get beside Breakouts and Robot Sidekick. :eek::confused:
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

did you see the cooldown of the flight breakout?
    18 seconds is making them not very usefull to run,
    especially for a pftt loadout... 3 seconds are enough...
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

this ^
  17. mexmex Dedicated Player

thanks for the reply, cool
    • Like x 1
  18. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Ah, I thought you mean passive breakouts that restore powers when you breakout.
    All my main account toons are Speedsters and now we dont have regular ability to break out of CC with.
    This functionality has been moved from Whirlwind Dervish to Metabolic Boost Supercharge.

Im considering switching one of my tanks to Acrobatics just for Backflip fun. Seems like something I can fit to Atomic tank. Both regular Backflip and the Supercharge version if that is still a shield. :D
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

right, i allways liked wirling dervish as a breakout...
    if only dash attack would be a normal power,
    and maybe breakout...
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

why has super speed no breakout that is not also an SC?
    why has super speed no dash attack that is not also an SC?
    why has super speed no power interaction between push and pull?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.