GU73: Munitions

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Mepps, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss Munitions in the Stats Revamp.
  2. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Poor lonely munitions thread. Anyways pfft seems good but not much to use for hybrid.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was planning to hybrid with burning PI + shotgun, KI, and small package, would that work?
  4. McShotzz Well-Known Player

I havent messed with shotgun recently but it could, its just it feels clunky to use
  5. American Marksman Active Player

Ok two things that I have seen during my initial testing phase are as follows:

1. When I get burning on a target then go into railguns the animation and numbers on the screen are only showing 3 ticks of damage. However, when I go into my combat log its saying there were 4 ticks of damage there (which is correct). It is also doing this when I use rocket launcher as well. So there's some inconsistencies with the animation once the target has the burning pi placed on it.

2. Second, if I use shrapnel launcher it by itself gives 7 ticks of damage and places burning on the target. If I use chain gun it by itself gives 3 ticks of damage. So If I use the combo of shrapnel grenade and then go into chain gun that should give me 10 ticks of damage. However, when using this combo and looking at my combat log it has me down for 13 ticks of damage. So what I am finding is that there are some inconsistent numbers with munitions damage once the burning pi has been placed on the target.

3. Lastly, I think its awesome that you added burning to the shrap grenade launcher but I really think it would be awesome if you did the same thing to mini nuke. I tried mini nuke in a rotation and the damage alone is not worth the high power cost of putting it into a rotation but if you added burning to it like you did shrap grenade I think it would be a more viable option.
  6. Shark Dental Devoted Player

1,2. In the revamp, any bonus damage from burning shows up on the parser as a separate quantity. It's about 10%, so it's always the smaller numbers that show up.
  7. American Marksman Active Player

Now if I use flak cannon and then I use shrapnel grenade the burning dots are stacking. I thought burning dots are not supposed to stack like that
  8. DynamiteGal Active Player

Something feels off. I can't pin point it, but I KNOW something isn't right.
    Example 1:
    place: science sphere solo
    loadout: same all 3 times. (using munitions)
    sp:200
    mods: no mods except the base generator mods (blast adapter V, etc)
    test run 1 at cr 190. test run 2 at cr 201. test run 3 at cr 166.
    Every run went almost EXACTLY the same. The same amount of time, the same about of damage. the same damage in. the same damage out. All 3 runs, for consistency, avoided superchage and trinkets and didn't grab the device all 3 times from Lois either.. took no buff soders. Trying to be as consistant as possible and only changing gear. 166 vs 201 should not feel the same.

Example 2:
    place: raising hades duo
    loadout: started with muntions. same loadout as the solo
    sp: 200
    mods: no mods except the base generator mods
    Same partner each run. He played quantum at 201 cr each run. I can only assume he didn't change his loadout each time.
    started at cr 190. did munitions. then ran again as sorcery. then earth. each time the score was roughly the same.
    He had 1.2 mil damage. I had 7.7k damage. each time. Then he said go as 201. so i changed my gear to 201 and tried nature next. So now we are both 201. end result. Him: 1.2 mil. Me: 7.7k. So ok, maybe my nature load out is terrible I think. One more run. Back to muntions were I started. But this time, I using the 201 cr gear. Ended the same as before. Him: 1.2 mil. Me: 7.7k.

So this to me says something is very wrong. Why with the cr being so far apart does it feel and look like nothing changes? I don't feel stronger at all.
    Maybe it's just me, but I have to go with my gut and my gut is telling me something isn't right.
    • Like x 2
  9. Backblock Well-Known Player

10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

With Science Spire are you seeing the exact numbers or the numbers are approximately the same?

More facts are needed. Did you screen shot the score boards?
  11. Backblock Well-Known Player

Useless feedback, waste of time.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont see in this post where u showed what loadout u were using. "Using munitions" or "started with munitions" is not a loadout. Devs would need to know what abilities u were using and how they were being used, meaning the rotation.
  13. Backblock Well-Known Player

Didn't add burning pi to Mini Nuke, didn't increased its damage or decreased the power cost.
    Why even bother again?
    I guess this power is perfectly fine, as utter trash anyways for pve dps.
    • Like x 3
  14. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

LOL mini indeed!
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yes, with the power cost and cooldown, I don't quite understand this power. I would expect a much bigger hit. I haven't tested any other powers with a 450 power so I am not sure how they compare but this seems quite weak.
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So I did some parses between Munitions and Gadgets. I thought PDart was 450 cost but I guess that was changed a while ago. Anyway, I tried to do apples to apples best I could. 24 casts of Mini-Nuke and PDart, 12 casts of Flak Cannon and Napalm Grenade.

[IMG]

Mini Nuke does do more damage that PDart (300), but not by a lot. I'm not sure if that would be an ability I would use in a channeled loadout or not. It might be better just to go right back into Flak Cannon to make sure PI is up and get the burning DoT back on.

I am a little bit concerned that Flak Cannon might not be doing enough damage though. Napalm is 100 power while Flak is 200, but the damage isn't much butter.
    • Like x 1
  17. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Sounds gloriously terrible.
    • Like x 1
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

Munitions has been my favorite power for awhile and i had a gut feeling it was going to end up really messed up with this revamp. Because its mostly channeled and wasnt around pre gu47. With what i saw on test today it seems my feeling was correct and im pretty disappointed. Guess my munitions toon will be switching to water come august 30th :(
    • Like x 1
  19. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Yes this absolutely frustrates me. I knew nothing about the game when I picked the power, and it was really the only one that stood out to me. Having tested the waters I actually like almost every power in the game, but I have already generously donated way too much money to this game. In four months I have made a ton of progress, but this is exactly the reason that I have been contemplating moving on before I waste anymore time/money on this game. They're so concerned about making money that they are going to release this update when it is clearly not ready.

I just remember how broken Age Of Justice was for the first couple weeks, and somehow they did not seem to learn from that mistake.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

From riches to rags. :-(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.