GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

What I'll say Mepps is currently in terms of raiding it feels exceptionally burdensome regardless of the tier.

So even if we're queuing for content rather than walking in like you say what happens if we do get into a group for example where most of the party is "at tier" we're barely going to make a difference to the structure of that raid despite any strength we've gained even after 5 tiers. (ala an inadvertent feeling of actual stat clamping)

If a tier lasts approx 1 year that means 5 years of progression for next to no meaningful strength progression within raid content.

It's one thing to say a full party of CR201 players could easily beat the content, which may very well be true (albeit untested) it's not the reality of how a lot of this older content functions within the live community.

I'm sorry I haven't currently been posting this in specific "tier threads" because quite frankly it appears to relate to every single tier all the way down in terms of raid content.

So I'd be posting the same thing in potentially 7 different threads when the reality is this is a far more general concern.

I know it's a secondary concern to stat revamp the trouble is when you release such a game changing update you need it to be as successful as possible in every aspect.

I'm happy to have a private chat with you about it if you'd rather I do that than continue to post in this thread. :)
    • Like x 6
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I think you're saying when you play on test tonight, you don't feel like you have become strong enough. Thank you for the feedback. We will be reviewing everyone's comments.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Locked for a moment while I clean the violations. Edit: Reopened. If you have specific feedback about your experiences playing on-level content and/or content you have out-leveled, please share them with detail.

Please also clearly state your expectations or preferences versus what you are seeing. Thanks.
  4. Tarif Committed Player

I want more than a review, I want a fix. Your trying to say older content that i pay membership for is secondary??? I PAY FOR THIS CONTENT. I built my character and PAID for my content for YEARS to get to where I am as a character. I pride myself on how far Ive come in oId content, and I sure dont want any new stats clamp to limit what Ive built in game with some forced scaling. If anything, you give the group lead some new option for scaling.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I did not say that at all, and there's no clamping whatsoever. Please log into the test server and give things a try. Thanks.
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Below were my stats from the T3 & T2 raids that's I ran

[IMG]

hopefully those stats help you see where it's currently at, this is how the SP are set.

[IMG]

It would be my view that I personally think I should see very significant strength increases when I am at least 3 tiers above something, so for example I would expect to be able to, if I want, to solo t3 content at t6 and t5 content at t8 at the very least.

and what I mean here is "raid content" not just solo's, alert's, duos.

edit; If i'm to provide you with an example equivalent to how this would operate on live, If I were to blind queue paradox for example (t5) as a t8 player I would expect to be able to basically solo that content irrespective of who else might be in that instance, if that makes sense.
    • Like x 6
  7. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

I think what my fellow league mates are trying to illustrate here is that the older content is much more difficult and that the curve of difficulty is much less of a curve than it is now on live. Our expectation is that we should have much less resistance in older content, especially something three tiers behind us. Three tiers behind us should be relatively no challenge because of the lack of rewards and that we have risen much higher than that old content. My point of view on this is if the older content is harder, then we should have an adjustment in rewards as well.
    • Like x 6
  8. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

In my opinion difficulty of old content is fine. Now we can play like it was intended(more or less), not just burn through it. But with that difficulty need to remove content relevance.
    • Like x 3
  9. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

I don't think us vets realize just how much we disrupt the game when we go back and play old content on live. I for one am extremely glad that the curve has been reduced. Good. Maybe we won't have cr 190+ jackbutts ruining instances for lower leveled players, by either killing everything so fast, or INTENTIONALLY attempting to lock fellow group members out of boss fights. Forcing everyone to scramble to keep up/close the entire instance like it's obstacle course rather than alert/raid.

With this new curve, maybe high leveled players will think twice about leaving their at tier healers and tanks behind. Nothing creates bad players faster than being literally carried through instances. Nothing is less fun than scrambling to keep up with a overgeared player so I won't miss the next boss fight.

good job Developers. I don't care if the update isn't quite there yet. I am SICK of the current state of this game. ANYTHING to break this system, of AMs, WM, CR relevancy, and TRASH. This isn't real feedback, because in all honesty you will never try to solo a low level raid for anything other than EGO. Which im sorry is not priority.
    • Like x 9
  10. InnerBeast New Player

Dude....why do you honestly care about soloing raids so much? It's totally irrelevant to everything the revamp is supposed to be. Did you really ask why a raid NPC is supposed to be tougher than a solo NPC? Does common sense not kick in right there? I'm sorry but it irks me when people make no sense. The only reason I can see someone wanting to solo a raid, besides useless bragging rights, is if they are missing feats there and want it easy (which sounds like your case, kinda typical of alot of CR/AM spoiled players, generally speaking). If that's the case, go on broken live server NOW and knock them out before revamp hits live. Just because content is old doesn't mean you are supposed to one-man dominate it all. This game is SUPPOSED to be challenging, teamwork requiring, and not a huge run through like it's been the past 2 years. If it's a group mission, one person shouldn't be doing all the work, period. You'll have to excuse me but I find you fighting for this whole raid soloing to be unproductive and very low priority.
    • Like x 7
  11. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I do have to agree that it seems low priority and almost unnecessary but I think I understand where he's coming from.

For starters I'm assuming that he wants to solo raids because it's hard to find a group for them. And second I'm assuming that he thinks he should be "OP" for low level raids since he earned his stats. I sort of agree and disagree with this.

Though I was a little thrown off by the "why aren't solo NPCs and raid NPCs the same level." IMO it's probably because anything in game that requires a group should be harder. Otherwise I don't even see the point in having raids.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

While I agree it is a waste of time, I can see why people would complain, after being spoiled for two years of being able to just curb stomp lower tier instances, and suddenly taken away and you actually need to lean on a group, that leaves a foul taste in people's mouths.

I personally could care less about lower tier content. If it's not too easily solo-able then good, that means new players can contribute to the instance and actually learn a thing or two like us vets had to years ago, BUT, high cr players should also get max rewards for it as well.
    • Like x 5
  13. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

The whole paradox of the situation is that people first ask for difficult content, and then start complaining about difficult content.
    • Like x 2
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Stat Curve feels odd now as my numbers for everything much lower.
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Like I was telling a group of friends on discord, big numbers are just an illusion.

You take two powers that were parsing 40 and 50k and drop then down to 12 and 15, suddenly the gap looks a lot smaller. It's a mind trick to help lower the descrepencies in damage ;)
    • Like x 2
  16. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Super excited and nervous at the same time.

Just a few concerns.

1. I've read above but I'm a little confused. Are hybrid and pftt on the same level or are they slightly unbalanced for reasons?

2. I've noticed that someone else has also commented this yet it got no reply. How will this affect PvP? I doubt that it will affect it too badly but it is still a concern for me. It's even more concerning when it seems as if you're dodging the question. It's just that the PvP on the test server actually seemed worse than what it is on live.

3. SP. Will a certain amount of SP be necessary to compete depending on the content? Is 210 alright? Also, does the CR=SP 'rule' still stand?

So yeah I've laid out my major concerns. Again, thanks a huge amount to the devs and the testers who made the revamp what it is. Although I'm reading some concerns on this thread I was actually enjoying myself on test. Although that could also be because I'm just tired of the AMs on live.

*Minor feedback: I am ok with having roleless buffs in game but I'm hoping that they are minor buffs so that it will encourage more players to have support roles.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

It's actually completely the opposite, I'm in a very active league, I won't have trouble getting groups, I won't have trouble personally raiding. I also have 320SP on live and have all this older content done.

The reason I'm posting this is because I see past myself and see what affect this may have on the very casual community that literally "Blind PUG".

They randomly queue for things where they can't even control the composition of the group and we all know full well that people queue "tank for example" then stay DPS.

There's a very real flow on effect to the community that will be felt amongst the the player base if this goes live as it is and I assure you when those players start to struggle they'll just quit and you'll never see them again.

I absolutely appreciate the fact that some high level players destroy content and that can affect peoples experiences, I think however though the opposite affect can have just as much of a detrimental affect.

The reason I made the video about "solo npc's being lower" was because it highlights the point. it wasn't really a case of me not knowing the answer it was a case of me leading everyone to the necessary conclusion so that it can be discussed with transparency.
    • Like x 3
  18. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This^ Especially that last part is what I agree with and what I tried to say previously.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

well it's exactly that too is it not, had I not highlighted the 'issue' would we even be having a discussion about increasing the reward?
  20. mexmex Dedicated Player

I do agree, this is the best thing devs can do to keep a better game running instead of faceroll 95% of the content, and frankly I am surprised some people I though were down for a better progression system are complaining about the difficulty when in the first place they should have everything they needed from there in the first place. feats included, the content is old, but shoudn´t be a steam roll. People are just seeing their personal point of view instead of the grand picture towards a better game. Hope it stays as it is honestly
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.