GU73: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady of skill points New Player

I don't remember hearing how all this will affect PvP. It should mean that it will all based on stats as well or am I wrong?
    • Like x 1
  2. AZPrime Active Player

This is why I have concerns about how quickly this is being rolled out. If this has been in development for a year, why is stuff like this still so broken?

Oh, where to begin with this.

First of all, this is a concern about the entirety of the changes coming to the game, not just specific content. As far as I can tell, this is happening in most content, not just FoSIII.

Second, that thread you linked to, aside for being for Tier 5 content while FoS III is Tier 3, it's also entirely dead. What's the point in posting in a thread no one is likely to read?

And finally, since when is giving real feedback in the feedback section of the forum considered trolling? That makes absolutely no sense. Especially when you have people shouting "SUPER GREAT" like it's all one big joke.
    • Like x 8
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

• Like x 2
  4. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

1. Since cr differential was removed and levels of hardness are now solely based off of stats... Yes, this is supposed to happen.
    2. When you post your vid make sure to involve active gameplay since it provides more feedback than just standing there taking damage.
    3. Playing smart will help as well, unlike live where everything is a cakewalk.
    4. It shouldn't be bugged though, all it means is that it requires a team effort to get through some content now.
    5. Try running it again with more shields or heals in your loadout and then cycling through a rotation to see how fast things die and if survivability improves at all.
    • Like x 5
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

If u didnt notice, the point of the video was to show how hard adds are hitting in content 5 tiers below end game ;) So people are gonna need shield in their loadout for content 5 tiers below huh? Of course if he attacked them they would die. Again, wasnt the point of the video.
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

The point of my video was to show directly how hard adds are hitting in a raid that is 5 tiers below my CR.

I understand that the CR differential has been removed, but are you actually saying adds should be hitting this hard?

That's also entirely my point I'm asking "are the developers intending 8 man content to now require a team effort", that's entirely my question... ;)

I deliberately didn't do a loadout because that wasn't the intent of what I was trying to demonstrate.

If you want me to do it again, flick me a loadout that you think will express your point as well and I'll go do it.

Like I said I'm not here trolling I'm here to have a genuine discussion.
    • Like x 6
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Just wondering about a few things.... Will this negatively affect PvP? I really hope not.

Ight back to grinding on my elec toon, hopefully I can grind out 20 SP and then buy the rest. Though I suspect that we'll be seeing some feat hunting leagues soon.
    • Like x 1
  8. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Yea that is definitely broken, i was messing around in nexus last night the 4bosses in the 1st room do comparable damage to the area 51 open world adds and definitely not any were close to that
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

This is what has me so seriously concerned, NPC adjustments and instance adjustments and the like are noted by Avair as being complete, but I can't see how that's the case?

I gather that this is just what needs to be reported to show that there are still bugs and issues to look at and it's important these things get looked at before it goes live :)
    • Like x 2
  10. McShotzz Well-Known Player

It seems like testing earlier content took a backseat to later game testing and testing of powersets and thier performance
    • Like x 3
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not all content is scaled properly, some scaled too much and others not enough, so it would be a good idea to post the instance in the appropriate tier thread so development could take a look at it. Just a suggestion.

Posting it here gives the perception that people won't be able to solo lower tier instances which in turn can cause panic and mass destruction over something that could just simply be a bug.
    • Like x 3
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Like I said I'm simply here posting feedback because I thought this was the thread to be posting it in, at this stage I was asking the direct question. My intention is far from trying to cause widespread panic it's just a genuine concern. I'll make the post in the tier 3 thread as well.
    • Like x 2
  13. Baran RAGÉ New Player

If you have cr 200 for example anx go to the instance tier 3 your dps will be normal guys you find that good or bad ..........
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

So i guess people missed what mepps posted on the 1st page huh? He stated feedback can be posted here. So what is the problem? Repeating the same thing doesnt somehow make it true. And the reason the video was shown, again, is because clearly there are some issues. And im on discord with em and hes running t2 and t3 raids at 201cr and getting destroyed. Know why this is an issue? Because this same stuff happened with gu47 and went live like that. No one can deny that.

Yes avairs post says some content needs to be adjusted still. But we were told before we can solo raids 2 tiers below. Proxy is doing 5-6 tiers below and getting wrecked. So can we still solo raids 2 tiers below when its adjusted? I havent seen the devs speak on that, maybe i missed it. Btw who else is running older content testing it? Go look at those threads, empty. So somehow there is a problem with him raising a concern about a problem that happened with the last revamp? Why exactly?

I think its clear some of u guys have your minds made up about all of this no matter how it ends up or what makes it onto live. And honestly its getting tiresome. This kinda stuff is why many of the good testers dont bother anymore ;) And yea i will continue to back him on this because i think its a valid concern. Some of u guys are dismissing and keep saying post it somewhere else :confused:
    • Like x 5
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

With the new stat curve, players will outlevel content slower. This is intended. If you think you have found an outlier that is too hard or too easy, please post about it in the content tier threads.
    • Like x 5
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

But wasn't that the point of all this? The people begging and moaning about stopping those scrubs from blowing through content. I knew this was coming, though. Once implemented, the "good" players will have the tears running down their face; and the dev team will have been suckered into making a game most of their customers can't play anymore.

My understanding of this whole endeavor - you'll now never out-gear content again. Never.
    • Like x 1
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Am and pfft are the same or different? What is different about it?
  18. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Mepps different subject real fast watching Trex's Stream, pointed out: in your notes on https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-2017-game-update-73-the-stats-revamp.288425/

Hard light is not mention anywhere, no notes or new notes of anything. figure yall may have forgot about it by accident
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The intent is for you to still progress, become stronger, and eventually "out gear" content. Nothing has changed in that regard.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Light doesn't have any non-general changes at the moment. Will confirm we haven't missed anything in the note-gathering process.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.