Stats Revamp 1.7 - Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I assumed that since they removed the stun that the damage was increased. Is that not the case? If not, that would be really bad. And like I said, I'm not against DW having a stun, it always has, it just seemed to me that the damage was pretty lackluster for the cost because of it. But like you said, it helps keep adds in place for TB, so maybe it's worth the trade-off.
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

As far as I can tell from the other powersets, including stuns in an ability makes the power cost go up tremendously high, and do very little damage.

In munitions, for example, there are tons of stuns and knockbacks all over the place. Basically, there seem to be tiers to cc effects costs.

This seems to be the order (from lowest cost to highest)

1. Push back
    2. Knockback
    3. Knockdown
    4. Single target stun
    5. Multi target stun (short duration)
    6. Multi target stun (long duration)

With distortion wave, you're talking #6. So, just like munition's smoke bomb grenade (or something like that), if left with the CC effects it had, the damage is always going to be negligible. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because it gives people more options to decide what they want in their loadout. But no one can complain that it doesn't do enough damage then, it's a tradeoff. There's also the option of leaving DW with the stun, and asking the devs to just create a new 300 cost multi-target burst power to take its place.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

No offense taken bro. I do comment in pretty much every thread, because I also play every power on live (except Sorcery, lol, never commented there). I have 13 toons, cause I like to experiment the flavor of them all. But, I'm not an expert in max damage rotations, so I don't comment on that kind of stuff. I like the feel of the different powers, and I'd kind of like them to retain their distinctive flavor, tbh. I don't want Quantum to play the same as Ice, for example.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

While I will miss the stun from DW, they did it in order to increase the damage it does so that's the reason it was removed. As for adds jumping away, as far as I'm aware we still get the TB damage if we hit an enemy within two seconds of the bomb exploding. As long as you keep an enemy targeted, and they're in range, you should still be able to get the damage even by just doing a weapon tap. If the adds all go off in different directions then yeah, that's an issue, but as others have pointed out we have other powers that will stun anything that DW would have stunned too, such as Anomaly.

I don't know about other people, but currently I definitely plan on having two different DPS armories set up. One will probably be for adds and the other for bosses. Totally agree on having more available armories though, that'd definitely be a good QoL update.
    • Like x 1
  5. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

6. light FX Steadfast Player

Oh i see, its how people are SUPPOSED to play quantum. Got it :rolleyes: And i could list examples that show the people posting in every thread dont know all the issues with every powerset. So that statement isnt factually correct.
  7. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Time Bomb being casted while moving is making it move horizontally above target instead of vertically
  8. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Does any one know if its intended for Time Bomb to generate 2 ticks of SC? Once on cast and another on detonation.
  9. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Devs....tachyon blast needs to hit hard like inspiral waves....

also alcuberre wave needs to hit at max distance....
  10. L T Devoted Player

The thing about tachyon blast is you can get 11 of them off in a 10 second period where as with inspiral you can only get 10 in 10 seconds. There's probably a larger debate to be had over whether more power per second should mean higher DPS, but your averaging damage over time should be about the same for both powers. Inspiral will be better for might-focused styles, but if you're just using the ability to clip a long animation tachyon should be marginally faster.

A-Wave should definitely be max range. Otherwise, what we'll need to do is define a whole new class of abilities that do damage at less thanax range but further out than melee. I propose we call this "Mid Range". We'll have to rebalance all the power sets based on this new class, which shouldn't take long at all, and then just introduce the concept to all the weapons. Hey... Guys?.... Hey... Why's everybody leaving?... Guys?
    • Like x 2
  11. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Oh god ptsd is setting in already at the mention of mid range, and have any of you found a practical use for Einstein's ray? Was a bit disappointed to see the combo damage of it and even more so that the second hit was single target.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Einstein, no combo, is actually pretty good in a single target loadout, I've found.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I asked Spord about this. It has to do with the size of the cones. Imagine something at full range having 45deg cone and something at mid-range having a 60 degree cone. Spark Barrage vs Shockwave specifically comes to mind.
  14. L T Devoted Player

I sort of see that point. And yet sorcery's version of spark barrage is full range.

A-wave might be a fringe case because it affects things behind you also. Still I hate its midrangeness
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.