Stats Revamp 1.7: Mental

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stärnbock Devoted Player

agree ^
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

this ^ x1000
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

also the transform in mass hysteria mode... what is this giant fury or what? has it any relation to the comics? purple grim reaper?
    • Like x 1
  4. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Well the transformation model actually pre dates fury looking like it does now, sorcs pet got a model update to if iirc "not look straight from a heavy metal album cover art".
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

LOL! now i am currious how it looked before ^^ i will try google
  6. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Fury used to be a floating skull with horns and the guardian used to be a flying demonic ram head thing, watcher stayed as is because well you can't really make it look more like a "watcher"
    • Like x 2
  7. FlreMint Active Player

FireMint here

Well this is visuals talk and I really really would like to focus on the power engineering rather than... architecture, I want Mental to work like a clockwork, but YES, this 'giant fury' thing bothers my eyes (+1 well deserved like for this term starnbock, got me there xD). I would like a 'Ghost King' supercharge (yes, change the name to that, or something like that, what would a newcomer think when reading 'Mass Hysteria'? 'If I use this power my toon will start running around screaming like a freak', exactly, not ok) remake the model based on a ghost model, don't need legs, add some horns, a crown, mental-ish effects here and there, please use more than 1 shade of purple... add a scary sound effect, maybe a ghostly voice saying -DESPAIR-, profit.

As always, stay fresh my friends.

FireMint
    • Like x 1
  8. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Psychic Prison has very cool animation but damage wise it seems pointless to use compared to burst powers.

Could Psychic Prison also apply Terrified PI?

Horrific Visage seems to apply Terror only at 1 target which leaves Terror Tendrils as the only AoE power to apply Terror to multi targets atm. Kinda limited options. Idk if that was brought up before.
    • Like x 1
  9. FlreMint Active Player

Last time I checked, Psychic Prison had one of Mental's highest damage outputs, this makes sense since it is a melee range, static AoE DoT... damage is lost if adds die before the full DoT, damage is lost if adds move/are pulled out out of the AoE and melee means more risk means more reward. It has a higher damage output than Quantum's Gravity well, which is a very similar power with the difference that it is casted on target, not on yourself, so it counts as range, and it seemed to me that its radius is smaller. I will hop on test to compare it with some other similar powers and see how it performs.

Horrific Visage works properly on control role, it is a single target damage with an AoE stun+PI. On DPS stance it wont stun or apply PI around its target, I reported this several times already...
  10. stärnbock Devoted Player

lift your targets with mass levitation, then activate psychic prison AoE and try out low pressure (flight movement required) to pull the targets to you, stun them emediately with thought bubble to keep them there, and maybe use brawling two handed doomspin weapon mastery to make your surrounding an erea of DEATH!!! a shield lets you watch your oponents with style, while they go down in agony
  11. FlreMint Active Player

Thought Bubble would probably protect the adds :/

Fix the encasements por favor

FireMint
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

BUG REPORT:
    encased enemies still go crazy after telekinesis. they allways fly in the same direction on the compass and if there is no wall, nothing will stop them if they dont break out. sometimes, they fly so far, you will never see or hear anything of them again ^^ wich is funny, but unpleasant most of the time... i guess if anything, they should be tossed directly to the ground, not in an angle... also: mass levitation could and should do the same, but it doesn't for some unnown reason. can also happen with telekinetic pull sometimes.

reconstruction: use thought bubble first, then use telekinesis. works best on targets in open world mapps.
    examples are: war torn village pierce missions, or typhons monster invasion in gotham (outside missions).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.