Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Powers Committed Player

For power regeneration, sure. In fact it might be bugged to where it scales on your max CR instead of your equipped CR which is why it was crazy powerful in my videos where we did the T5 Family Reunion alert. Even with this issue fixed I could still spam a 250 cost ability until I'm out of power much longer than I can in T8

But the fact that you think T8 power requirements are fine just shows you haven't touched the tank and healing roles on test, look at the 6th video I posted, I can spam for 6 seconds of my 250 cost priority heal, each cast heals around 8500 at 14700~ restoration, tanks at CR 201 have like 65000 health due to SP and Mods, I have around 33000 health at CR201 as a healer. How on earth you think power consumption at this point is normal is beyond me.

Power generator mods would need to be giving me 8566* power PER mod for me to be near enough reaching the same amount of efficiency that I get at T4

* 55734 + 32466(8566*4) = 90000
    * 100 Cost Ability = 3213 / 90000 = 3.57% Cost

If T8 power requirements are what you think should be the norm then expect a mass exodus of players, myself included because there is no skill or fun being limited to something that puts me at a disadvantage as I progress the game. It's a deception to an extreme for everyone progressing through the content and to higher tiers simply because a new players thought process would be "I can't play as I do when I did earlier, this is changing how I used to play and I don't like it"

Just wait till those people realize even with more mods and SP they still won't be able to play as they did at a lower tier :D
    • Like x 7
  2. Celestial Powers Committed Player

All my tests in my posts previous to this are invalid, they didn't take into account the generator mods I had which were adding 7704 power in total to my T4 Power Pool. Power Scaling is fine as far as I can see.

Power Costs are the main issue here instead now. The point still stands, a 300 power cost ability shouldn't be taking nearly 17% of my total power bar, power costs are ludicrous for support roles right now and this needs to be adjusted.
    • Like x 3
  3. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Forget it.

Perfection just said everything I wanted to say
  4. FlreMint Active Player

FireMint here

I have a couple more 'crazy' ideas that might or might not be ignored, I liked the reaction to the first one I shared on the weapons thread, so I will dump a couple more, please press that thumbs up if this pleases you.

#1 What if the first skill point of each weapon was granted by default?

#2 Make equipment mods and generetor mods something you 'unlock' as a whole, maybe by adquiring the full set of the corresponding DLC's top gear set, or by gathering a lol (a lot) of materials, or collections (although I am personally tired of collections linked to gear) or a mix. This way, once you unlock your equipment/generator mods you can get any number of them as long as you collected the plan for it. Yes, this will kill total recovery kits sales, but this will also trully open the possibilities for different builds. Think about it. I foresee armory sales going up, and a lot of people happy to buy them.

#2.1 Make GEAR something you 'unlock' rather than buy, we are heroes/villains earning our right to use a certain gear item, we should not need to prove we are worthy of getting a second or third head piece from a certain vendor, once we spend enough marks to get 1 gear item we should be able to get as many as we want, from either role (unnatuned). Imagine a DCUO where you do not need to choose between leveling one role or another, but both. Imagine LFG, so beautiful. Instead of single weapons, let us earn the weapon box on vendor. Also vendor item lists will be a lot shorter.

#3 On Duty tab suggested stats. We already have suggested dom, and required cr, but cr will not be a deciding factor anymore, I would like to see suggested stats for every role, make them turn red or green if you meet them or not, and if you do not meet certain requirements you will not be able to queue for said instance. For example, have health, dom, resto and defense suggested stats for tanks, and if you dont meet 2 or 3 of them you cannot queue (gotta be more than 1 stat or this system could be easily fooled via stat cola).

#4 Shields, let them stack, do not let naive DPS wipe a raid run by using a group shield supercharge on a decisive moment right after the troll, healer or tank popped theirs. Also, let us see how strong our current shield is, either by adding the shiled as a grey bar on the HP bar or by adding the current shield value on the display, over our toons head, under the green shield on our status bar.

#5 Let trolls PoT stack, 2 trolls should have twice the power output of 1, I dont know why I havent seen this mentioned before... Maybe I am not seeing something, maybe this could destroy the game, maybe I am blind, maybe I am dumb and blind.

#6 Let dominance affect the stun time, let dominance trolls be a thing. What about letting stuns affect even bosses after a certain ammount? Maybe only stun supercharges?

#7 Give us unlimited soder cola, I beg of you. I promise repair bots sales will stay the same.

As always, stay fresh my friends.

FireMint
    • Like x 5
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

They should simply do 2 things:

1) Attach Power on Vitalization as they did with Might attaching Power.
    2) Give 20% on Vitalization when you reach 100 SP instead of 10% or attach 10% Vitalization in a white mod.
  6. L T Devoted Player

You've read a lot into my suggestion that T4 might be more out of whack than T8. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be just a rant, but it really feels like a personal attack, and it's not really productive.

I'm not a developer. I don't set the power costs. Rant at Avair. Or Mepps-- I'm sure Mepps loves a good rant.
    Actually, i've looked at tanking with Fire and Atomic on test. I messed with Rage a little, but never really got into testing survivability. Ice and Earth I've more or less left completely alone.

With Fire if I specced into Power Mastery I found that power wasn't a big deal, because it regenerated as I blocked. With Atomic it was a bit more of an issue.
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    what will happen to the tactical mods on live when this hits? right now, powers on test server changed dramaticly in some cases...
    will you change certain mods according to what was changed for the power and even go so far that some mods will change what power they are accelerate/powerback/scback/giveshealthforusingit/lowerthecooldownsof...? i mean: most of them were created based on revamp

a generalization could help; this mod will heal you when using fast low power spammers / gives power back for high cost powers over 300 / will lower cooldowns on powers with a cooldown of 6 seconds and more / will give SC back after uaing any SC / will grant you a crit buff for using powers that are not dammageing targets
  8. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

They already updated HT tactical mods & elite mods, so mods from capsules probably too was updated. But don't hope for increasing bonuses.
  9. stärnbock Devoted Player

mods from time capsules are the concearn here, right!
    you think they allready were adjusted? is that true?
  10. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Yes, I think so because devs updated all other mods. So if TC mods not was updated - they will stay as on live.
  11. not_again Dedicated Player

Will someone guide me to the discussion of iconic powers?

Thank You
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

While I can see how you got here, this isn't the case. Progressing at all makes your abilities and impact greater across the board, even if you suddenly stop modding or gaining skill points. There's more going on that power consumption.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For those of you jumping in on this train of thought, can you tell me which playstyle mastery you are using when in controller or healer role?
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Power Mastery always, in controller role, at least.
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

He's more so referring to how power consumption works rather then the impact of your powers. I could be 201 cr, take off my face piece, maybe a ring or something, drop my cr down to 180ish, lose barely any stats and have much better power management. That system is flawed and should scale solely with CR, no mods or SP included.
    • Like x 9
  16. Celestial Powers Committed Player

Generally I've been using the power mastery exclusively but this sole regeneration mechanic isn't powerful enough to justify these costs right now and rather than these regeneration mechanics being buffed increasing our power pool or decreasing costs in support is a far more attractive option whilst increasing the amount of power a troll can put out.

I have a post cooking up that will provide some insight to why these costs aren't enjoyable or sustainable to work around with at all in the healer role regardless of power regeneration choice.
    • Like x 4
  17. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Even though you didn't ask for tank role as well I'm going to include it. In both healer (Celestial) and tank (Atomic) I'm using the power mastery. With Celestial I have tried them all and the power regeneration compared to the consumption isn't balanced at all. Not to mention the troll role is lacking on sufficient power out to support these power costs. With Atomic tank being focused around constant combos to maintain the aura, using power mastery is the logical choice. Even though thermochemical explosion and atom splitter are 100 power cost the regeneration isn't sufficient to maintain with 2 trolls in group. Power regeneration, power costs, and controller role all should be looked into as they are all in a bad place when referring it to support roles.
    P.S. if there's typos or auto correct fails I apologize in advance I'm typing this from my phone lol.
    • Like x 2
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Power costs are still an issue on this version of the stats revamp.
    i think that one way to solve all this issue of power costs, is do the same on the stat tree you guys did with might, i mean, combine resto & power, Vit & power and Dom & power. Just leave alone precision
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I'm not trying to be petty or difficult when I say this, just my honest PoV, I feel like if they're still that unsure about peoples stance on power management and support roles, very little feedback has actually been read in this thread. Hopefully I'm wrong but that's just the perception I get.
    • Like x 2
  20. Celestial Powers Committed Player

To everyone suggesting to add power to the skill tree for each stat, this doesn't fix the problem. These costs will still be absurd for anyone who doesn't have a lot of SP, a 300 power cost ability takes over 20% of your power pool, if this feels bad for us now imagine how all the lower tiered and lower SP players will end up feeling.

There's a point to where stats should matter, but the power stat is basis of playing the game, restricting it through SP just alienates players who don't meet the requirements, imagine dealing with these power costs for content that was difficult at a lower tier, I sure as hell wouldn't enjoy it.

SP should be a bonus to your main stat, to make your job more effective, you shouldn't need it to make your ability to play the game even slightly less torturous to how it is without it.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.