Stats Revamp 1.7: Earth

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Totem has never been a suitable Dps power. It is mostly PvP and Pet Tank support power.

Power like Totem that spreads its potential between Dps, CC and Pet support and doesnt set a PI, should never be expected to perform well for Dpsing. Even at Live server with 3% crit attack buff, Totem overall causes a damage lose compared to burst alternatives.
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

When you use the log analyzer set your parser to 10 seconds and try to do roughly 3 min of rotations so you get solid averages. If not using the analyzer run 30 seconds and do at least 2 in a row to get a rough estimate. I know its tuff with out trolls but thats the best way to gather data. Don't take this as me being a jerk just trying to help.

And i'm happy to see more people using the analyzer its a great tool for testing :D
    • Like x 2
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

Yes, i know but there are few people in this time on Test Server and since the sparring aren't giving power so sadly i was forced to set my parser on 30 seconds but anyway thanks for the advise :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There should be much less back and forth insults in this thread going forward. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  5. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

That's the thing, it needs to be.

- Upheaval got nerfed to the point of barely producing a loadout that does competitive range damage. Then

- Debris field got quadra nerfed. Which shot the damage from that loadout down to hell.

- Jackhammer got buffed but is still less dps than upheaval while having a longer cooldown and less clipping benefit because of lower ticks. It's range is midrange which is good for tanking and holding aggro but for dps'ing it's useless because at that range we have upheaval. We needed jackhammer as a close range higher damage version of upheaval and it's far from that.

- Because debris field got nerfed so hard, now jackhammer has to be on the same loadout as upheaval to even try to get decent results by clipping the last upheaval combo into jackhammer for the temporary damage spike from the first tick and then almost immediately clipping into something else because extending jackhammer lowers your dps the longer you do it. Now you have debris field, unstoppable, jackhammer, upheaval, tectonic break on your loadout and you would think that the last spot could go toward a supercharge but it can't because that base rotation alone barely produces 28-30k which is pathetic for a full loadout. Adding totem would add ~900/s. (league buff ran out so make slightly higher)

- Meanwhile totem is adding 900/s while a robot sidekick adds 3600/s, which is the same area as crystal without power, which is still quadrupling totem with a full might spec.

You have a full might spec fist slam rotation using debris field, reinforce, unstoppable, tremor, tectonic that can parse around 33k, maybe up to 35k if I use might/prec mods. (league buff ran out so make slightly higher)

You have a full might spec double combo rotation that parse at 28-30k alone. (league buff ran out so make slighly higher)

You have a precision spec that can reach ~44.5-46k for melee using 2h 5tap that only needs tremor, unstoppable, and reinforce. If I add a pet I can reach 50k. (this was done earlier so its with league buffs up)

You have a precision spec that can reach 35-36k for range using dp full auto that only needs debris field reinforce crystal and fortify. (league buff ran out so make slightly higher)

Combo dps'ing is struggling. Might-Hybrid is struggling. OP weapons with a precision spec and the pet are literally carrying earth rn compared to in previous builds where pet loadouts were the same if not slightly less than other rotations and hybrid might melee was untouchable.

For reference, under the old damage standards.
    Might/Hybrid w/o pet - used to parse 44-52k.
    Might w/ Upheaval - used to parse 40-42k pre-nerf. Parsed 37-38k afterward.
    Might w/ Jackhammer - used to parse 35-36k even after it's buff.
    And pet rotations with the might spec for hybrid or upheaval used to parse the 0-2k underneath.

With debris field acting as a 2 in 1 dot gone and totem and jackhammer are extremely far from picking up the slack on might damage, precision spec with a pet is the only option for competitive earth at this point.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

Maybe totem can get a damage buff when no pet is present?
  7. VioletSorceress Committed Player

TBH, I expected Totem's cooldown to be cut in half with Stats Revamp but definitely not further increased.
    Even as CC or Pet Support power, current 30 sec cooldown makes it unreliable.
    I mean u cast Totem and if u have to move out of its limited area of effect, u dont get to use it again for a while...
    • Like x 1
  8. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Since there is a lot of talk about totem going around could there be any chance it does a burst hit upon expiring, just to match the animation
    • Like x 3
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I was working on verifying the damage to Electrocute as it is the only field that leverages PI now. All the rest grant the PI. I did this by 10 casts of each ability. What I find is that Debris Field seems to be lagging slightly for the other fields. Gravity Well has a CC effect which I assuming why it is a bit lower than Circle and WT.

[IMG]
  10. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Interesting how Galling Eruption is not at the top since it appears only around the player unlike others. Back in the day Galling also had 14 damage ticks and lasted longer than other field AoEs.
  11. Black Jaq Devoted Player

960 would be the correct amount of hits based on 12 ticks*8 targets*10 casts. Galling still ends up with 8 more interestingly. Also, Debris Field is short a few for the double ticks.
  12. VioletSorceress Committed Player

You should have included Swarm here. I wonder where it would end since it never crits and is not affected by stats.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I was going complete apples to apples here because both Swarm and Snow Devil do damage after the power is off cooldown.
  14. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I would prefer Shards with a CC effect and 300 power cost
    and
    Striking Stones without CC effect but no more than 150 power cost.

Ive been using Striking Stones as a clipping tool with my Crystal LO at Live Server but I dont see how im gonna manage if its 300 power cost.
  15. L T Devoted Player

Crystal is being summoned with full power. Is this intended?

Crystal's Epicenter is now doing roughly 80% more damage than Fury's Transmutation. It is doing damage as though about 20% of my stats come from gear compared to 300 cost abilities.

Debris field seems to be missing a hit. It's ticking at about twice the rate of the other DOT fields, but it's only hitting 23 times when the others hit 12 times. 24 would bring it roughly into line with the total damage of the other DOT fields.
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

Moja just stated that pets stats are not fixed yet inclusing crystal.
    • Like x 1
  17. Duck X Active Player

Is Crystal supposed to be hitting 40ks back to back when she receives power from fortified golem? Is this intended or is she just bugged at the moment? If it is intended then that seems overpowered. Pets shouldnt b hitting that hard, fury hits half of what crystal was hitting when i tested it.
  18. Duck X Active Player

Oh ok
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.