Stats Revamp 1.7: Earth

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Well, Crystal being fixed just sky rocketed earth to the top of the food pyramid.

Full precision everything using staff melee tap×3 hold×2 combo with Crystal out gave me 44k one minute parses back to back, without the weapon buff from trolls. Even ran a raid before that and it wasn't even fair how much more damage I was doing.

Unfortunately I forgot to record it so I can only give you my word.

I did notice crystal can get off two big hits before running out of power while fury can only do one. I know this isn't the sorc thread but can we get some consistency there please?
    • Like x 2
  2. Maxwill Committed Player

This isn't balanced

3. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Just watch Ala's live stream on youtube, you beat second place by more than 11 mil XD. That's where you'll find your proof. ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

The video is not accurate. We need the DPS data from the game and from the DCUO log to have a more accurate comparison and if there's any discrepancy between both, so, this must be fixed. And remember that Fortify Golem have a 300 power cost which, of course, implies more damage from her apparently while Offering have a 200 power cost, so, if your goal is to reduce Crystal's damage then the power cost from Fortify Golem should be reduced to 200 which I'm against it.
    • Like x 4
  5. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

New Reinforce animation looks cool, but I little miss for old, because that was awesome with brawling. Anyway good job, devs. Thx.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The rock hands were cool but i think i like this better!!
    • Like x 4
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I have to agree the rock hands looked too bulky, def loving the new animation better
  8. Perdition Committed Player

LOVE THE NEW ANIMATION!!
    Those rockyhands were way to outdated. The new look is really amazing!
    • Like x 1
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

Wait they listened and changed Reinforce VFX into something much better? Wow I'm impressed that's what I asked for!
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

QOL improvement imo.

So long Bulky Rock hands.
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Precision scales way better than might. It isnt noticiable at lower tiers and stats, but the more precision u get, the gap increases because of the weapon buff and neck mod, which gives u 4% total increase while the might one only give u 2%

IMO, the neck mods should have the same increase, and maybe is time to bring back those old might buffs to even things out.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

an example of earth dps, I'll probably get grilled hard for this but I feel crystal needs to be bought down a notch and have fortify reduced to 200 so it matches sorc and fury.
    • Like x 3
  13. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

I do not think that comparing individual abilities is the best way to achieve a balance. We already passed such testing with Tunso when AMs was introduced... Moreover, in order for this method to achieve balance worked out - it is necessary that all abilities in the game have the same animation(cast time), damage, power cost, cool down etc. Also do not forget about the number of sp. More difference in sp - more difference in damage. And more, people will not be happy to play with 14 identical powers.

Btw, good video.
    • Like x 2
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've parsed with both earth and sorc, earth was outdoing sorc slightly even with a broken crystal. Now that crystal is full strength again, earth just surpassed every other power and even doing 50k+ parses. Only thing I can suggest is test the two powers yourself, cause obviously people won't believe me nor budge if I just try to explain it to them.
    • Like x 3
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

More later, I'll provide the DPS data between Earth, Sorcery and any non-pet power like Fire or Electricity. So, we will arrive a more scientific evidences.
    • Like x 2
  16. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

I don't have a reason to not believe you. But your previous post sounds unconvincing like "nerf rage because he has 4 DoTs:confused:".
    Also I want to explain some thing. In my understanding testing, comparison of powers and constructive feedback looks like that:
    Testing Power A:
    Step 1 - Testing each ability and getting all info.
    Step 2 - Testing each possible loadout(including every playstyle).
    Testing Power B:
    Repeat steps 1 and 2 for that power.
    Testing Power C etc.
    In the end when we get all needed info we can compare potential of every power and write useful feedback.
    For example:
    Character stats: ...(including info about mods)
    Power - Light (melee PftT)
    Loadout: claws, chain saw, light blast, light weight strike, light barrier, strafing run (clipped combos)
    Overall DPS: 34573-36815(+ combat log)

Power - Rage (melee PftT)
    Loadout: revenge, outrage, e. chain, g. eruption, severe punishment, berserk (clipped combos)
    Overall DPS: 35125-38685(+ combat log)

Suggestion based on results: Remove CC effects from HL chain saw and increase damage(if needed increase power cost) etc.

Reminder for all: It was just an example, so don't start to complain about numbers etc. That type of testing for balancing powers. If you just searching possible bugs, then of course you can test only one power.

Fatal, you actually already did something similar and that was very useful.
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I agree

Im not one to call for nerfs and such especially when im not sure where everything is going to end up damage wise unless i see a big discrepancy but this is one of those times. Crystal does some pretty crazy dps...with a hybrid playstyle you can put up 40-44k dps ranged. Thats what melee playstyles are doing and it is a bit over the top especially in content cause of its high and fast burst damage.
    • Like x 3
  18. Xibo Loyal Player

Hybrid Playstyle
    CR 201
    232 SP
    60 points in critical damage
    161 points in Precision

Earth

Parser
    [IMG]

Crystal
    [IMG]

me
    [IMG]
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

Hybrid Playstyle
    CR 201
    232 SP
    161 points in Precision

Sorcery

Parser
    [IMG]

Fury

[IMG]

Me
    [IMG]

Hybrid Playstyle
    CR 201
    232 SP
    161 points in Precision

Electricity

Parser
    [IMG]

Me
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Totem vs Soul Well

Totem:
    30.0s 639/s on 3 targets

Soul Well:
    30.0s 1538/s on 3 targets

Conclusions

- Earth damage out Sorcery by 6.000, Sorcery damage out Electricity by 8.000, Earth damage out Electricity by 14.000 and Soul Well does 900/s more damage than Totem.

Suggestions

- Crystal: Reduce power cost to 100, reduce cooldown to 3 seconds and reduce damage accordingly;
    - Fury: Reduce power cost to 100, reduce cooldown to 3 seconds and reduce damage accordingly;
    - Totem: Increase damage;
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.