Stats Revamp 1.7 - Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. light FX Steadfast Player

Some of us wanted this changed and asked for it ;) I see it being said use this for adds and use that for boss fights. So i guess we are expecting people to change loadouts mid raid all the time now huh? Or have an armory for adds and 1 for bosses and switch armories back n forth in raids? :confused:

Or are people saying u can have all those powers in your loadout and choose not to cast time bomb during add fights?
  2. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

- Gravity Well (applies pi for time bomb) - 300 cost
    - Time Bomb (nothing needs to be said) - 300 cost
    - Warp Barrage (2nd in damage, higher than distortion wave) - 200 cost
    - Time Shift (3rd in base damage and applies pi for 2nd, higher than distortion wave) - 200 cost
    - Inspiral Waves (~same as distortion wave damage, spammable) - 100 cost
    -Alcubierre Wave (1st in damage) - 300 cost

Switch Oblivion in for Inspiral Waves or Time Shift for bosses when you have 100% supercharge. If you have an armory you can put it on before you start the boss, use it and then switch back or keep it on. You only need 3 powers for time bomb but you can put on 4 for more variety in lower content or certain raid situations when you don't have your supercharge ready.
  3. L T Devoted Player

<quote>Quantum
    • Distortion Wave - Now only stuns enemies in Controller Role. Increased damage.
    • Gravitonic Field - Now only grounds and stuns enemies in Controller Role. Increased damage.
    • Gravity Bomb - Now only stuns enemies in Controller Role. Increased damage.
    </quote>

Distortion Wave got about a 15% increase in damage. It still underperforms wildfire by about 10%, but that might just be animation time.

Gravitonic Field-- I can see no change in this ability.

Gravity Bomb -- seems like this saw a 20% buff, but again, the damage feels weak given how long the attack takes. The bomb seems to hover in the air in slow motion as you toss it. OK... maybe it's just me, but it seems to take forever.

NOT IN THE UPDATE NOTES:
    Lift -- now does reasonable single-target damage. A graviton-charged enemy will get a damage field and do a small damage over time to other enemies nearby. It's a really neat ability.
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I don't have my previous numbers, but I can definitely see an improvement in GBomb and I'm guessing at least 10% increase in Gravitonic. DWave I don't test because I like the ability less now.
  5. supalova20 Well-Known Player

that AW is useless for maximum distance I use RANGED loadout and it's works best for me...got my hybrid loadout and it's awesome for raids just gotta know your rotations just wanted a lol more damage I'm good now without it sooooo dont get confused with me saying something wrong with it cause the adds health are not low anymore in this episode only the previous ones.....i love the long fights now it like playing City of Heroes
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

And you realize that maximum distance is useless outside of SM :rolleyes:
  7. Hemmy Committed Player

As of latest hotfix, I cannot get time shift to apply the debuff.
    I am in controller role, with controller gear, even playing with a controller :p

Let me know if I'm missing something, otherwise I believe this to a bug :)

Happy fixing!
    • Like x 1
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

Distortion wave no longer stuns in dps role :( Dis wave works in conjunction with time bomb atm on live because it stuns the adds so they cant just run away or jump away from the time bomb explosion. And time bomb isnt being changed as far as being a part of quantum dps and still floating out there all slow waiting to explode. And now there is nothing to stop the adds from simply jumping away from it :rolleyes:

I also see multiple people in these testing thread that keep saying swap out this ability for this. Well most of us are not gonna be swapping abilities during an ongoing raid. The majority of people dont play that way. Now we have armories for stuff like that. But we can only have 4 and if ya dual role and pvp well that leaves 1 armory to have a different build. Maybe its time to increase the cap for armories in our base ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. SilkyPawz Bunny

I agree Quantum it seems is getting worse with each build update. Time bomb needs to be updated or have another power that does that same amount of damage there is none atm. The devs really need to take a look at that. I have been quantum for 2 years now an I am sad when I read the update notes then I see people comment nothing is wrong with quantum when in fact there is Something wrong with quantum. Please Fix Time Bomb, lower the power costs.
    • Like x 1
  10. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

1. Adds don't run or jump away until they're aggro'd toward the tank which is a mistake on your part for casting it KNOWING they're going to move.

2. You were just complaining about adds dying in under 6 seconds and not even having 1 mention of add movement being an issue until now. If you're fighting mobile adds, using other powers until they become stationary is still the answer. Adds don't make congo lines zig-zagging constantly like Snake (the game). Every power has moves that won't hit mobile targets all the time and they have to change and adapt to account for that mobility or to deal with the damage loss.

3. If you can't stop for 3 seconds to switch out ONE MOVE during a cutscene before a boss, you're just being stingy and lazy. And you don't need an armory to switch loadouts because every power point is unlocked. You're switching 1 move, not an entire loadout. Over dramatizing the situation -_-

4. Stop saying some people. Link the people you want to address specifically instead of trying to come across anonymous, which is taken more offensively. If you spent as much time actually thinking about how to play quantum dps in a smart way instead of random button mashing as you did into figuring out which emotes to use, we wouldn't even be having these back and forths of you reaching trying to find some excuse to get time bomb changed.
    • Like x 2
  11. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

This has a point I can see. I wouldn't be opposed to having another move that can do the same total damage as time bomb instantly, but I can see them giving it a high power cost like 400/450 to hit that hard instantly instead of being over time.
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The devs took away the stun because people were complaining that the damage was subpar (I agree). Are you saying you want them to lower its damage again and give back the stun? I'm not arguing, just asking if that's what you mean.
  13. Mighty Committed Player

I see the desire to CC in dps stance in a few of these threads and I get where they're coming from, but just as a PSA, you can stun with a weapon combo for zero power, and without nerfing an ability you'd use in content where you'd never expect or need to CC in DPS stance.
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So you piqued my interest.

On the Time side in DPS role, Anomaly and Tachyon Blast stun enemies. Tachyon Blast now only does 1 instead of 2. Time Bomb has a CC effect on the explosion. If you need stuns, I would go with Anomaly as it is also the SC builder. If you choose to use Time Shift as your PI applicator, will caution you that it is a cone. At full range, it will target all 8 dummies. At close range, you will some. So all signs point to Anomaly. DWave really is situational IMO because it doesn't give PI anymore.

On the Gravity side, Gravity Well, Singularity, Lift and Einstein all do CC. Singularity and GWell are multi target CC. Singularity stuns one in the air, pulls others and then when it explodes, they are knocked down. Personally, I like the Gravity side much better than the Time side.

I expect I will need 4 armories for Quantum. 1 PVP, 1 Troll and 2 DPS. I figured out a solo target and multi target armory, although solo target will still have some AOE damage for those bosses that spawn occasional adds. I think Quantum actually could be above average in solo target damage.
    • Like x 1
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

I didnt say bring the stun back. If other powers are stunning or CCing then why is distortion wave being changed? See they make changes and dont explain why its being done and people just accept it and no one questions it. If they dont want dps players to stun or CC anything then ok take it away from all abilities and explain why they dont want dps to stun or CC anything. I dont wanna hear explanation from other players either, lets hear what the devs have to say please.

But what im really starting to question is how many people in this thread actually play quantum. And im not being rude when i say that, but i see some of the same people in literally every thread for all the powers. Really makes me wonder. And this isnt directed at u shark, just general.

And i guess because some people say things should be this way then yep it means thats how it should be and no one should question it. Pretty much the #1 reason ive been testing/posting sparingly. Even got a pm on discord the other day telling me my opinion is wrong :confused: Its like some dont understand that an opinion is subjective and its not a fact.
    • Like x 3
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

3 300 power cost abilities and 2 200s with only 1 100. Not sure how this could be sustained if its pftt. Is this for pfft or hybrid.
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

Distortion wave never stunned raid or alert adds in DPS role. Any stuns you got were from your weapon buff, which along with nature's encasement has broken CX effects on live.

I'm pretty sure you can make decent quantum DPS load outs that don't involve time bomb. I've been using quantum along with weapon mastery testing and it works well. It will still be popular because its a big (if delayed) damage burst that leaves you free to do other attacks with weapons or abilities while it's waiting to exolode
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

ALL damage powers work with Time Bomb regardless of what tree it is in. The Gravity tree also has Inspiral Waves that is 100 and you can mix PI rather easily by choosing GWell for it's DoT but it will set up polarized PI for IW.
  19. L T Devoted Player

This load out could be either-- though you'd probably want a 200 cost that applies graviton charged or switch in spiral for tachyon blast.

The idea is that as long as you have your cheap attack with the half second cool down you can fall back on that when you're low on power.
  20. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

1 of those 300's is every 12 seconds and can technically be replaced by a 200 for time bomb's pi.
    Another of those 300's is only every 6 seconds.

It's power mastery regardless of if you use rifle taps for technical hybrid.

Already tested using 2 controllers for raid situations.

Extreme passive regeneration inside of alerts along with Inspiral Waves (100, no cd) still doing good damage is fine.

Duo/Solo situations refer to these quotes from Moja:
    "We specifically outlined expectations for PftT when discussing play styles, and that includes bringing abilities with lower power costs as your primary focus"

"If, for roleplay or other reasons, you choose to limit yourself to never using weapons, that's going to constrain the number of abilities you can use in a sustainable rotation"

Aka, not my problem. Your options are limited regardless and intended. Prob end up spamming IW and maybe 1 200 power cost. But also inside of duos/solos, you don't need excessive damage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.