Stats Revamp 1.7 - Quantum

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Whats with the powers costs.....wow. Power costs need to go drastically, even with 2 trolls i struggle to keep a rotation going for 30 seconds and with power cost this high you would think the damage it did was fantastic but thats not the case. The power costs need to come down but not with the sacrifice of dps.

Quantum was in such a good place before the damage changes to everything and i don't even understand how it got to where it is right now :(
    • Like x 2
  2. L T Devoted Player

Power costs for Quantum don't seem to have changed recently. That having been said, there are more than a few problem powers:
    • Singularity remains very weak. It does its damage over time, and costs 200, but it's doing the damage of a 100 power burst.
    • Gravity Bomb is likewise extremely weak. It costs 200 power and it's doing the same base damage as Inspiral Waves.
    • Gravitonic Field does about 78 average total base damage over time-- which would be strong if it weren't single target. It should either be a 200 cost power or do way more damage.
    • Lift is primarily single target, and is also very weak. Even with the gravion-charged dot effect, it's only doing the same total base damage as inspiral waves.
    • Distortion Wave should be a hard-hitting 300 power cost burst, but it's doing less base damage than most 200 cost abilities.
    • Tachyon Burst does the damage of a 100 power cost single-target ability, but costs 200 power.
    With Time Bomb I can get decent damage out of Quantum-- you just can't use any of the abilities above.
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Its the power scaling from 190cr to 201cr my bad. I'm gonna go back to 190cr with proper mods and test the differences. Man this power scaling really needs to be fixed.
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

What's your rotation though?
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I get very good parses out of using some of those abilities though. I can get 24-26K 10-second parses on the 3 dummies which is more than I can get with Earth Aftershocks after this last update.
  6. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Current damage standard for 201 gear with 175sp is 33-40k using PftT rotations. Hybrid rotations using the strongest weapon combos can reach up to 50k currently. SQuantum was parsing at 33-34k but only while spamming Alcu Wave, Distortion Wave, and Time Shift between Time Bomb and Gravity Well. Quantum used to be able to parse competitively just using Alcu Wave and Inspiral instead of needing 2 extra powers. Going from casting a 100 power cost to having to use a 300 and a 200 for the increase in damage to stay competitive is where a lot of the power cost increase is coming from. Earth was 32-35 depending on if you ran pets and if you had a supercharge in your loadout or if you went all 6 slots to just maximize your damage.
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I guess that is testing with a power dumping controller or 2. I don't do that. If I can't manage a few parses without a controller, it's not a very good loadout. The whole purpose of this initiative was to make individual players be more responsible for power. I can see that is not happening.
  8. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

No one is going to be responsible for their power as long as the controller role exists with a power out function. You can test all the rotations you want for solos and duos, but alerts and raids where most people pass judgement on balance in game are centered around having power to do the highest rotations.
    • Like x 2
  9. L T Devoted Player

which ones? They all underperform for me, and the base damage numbers are what they are. I might be off by 1-2 here or there, none of these abilities seems to have a particularly short animation or cool down, so I', pretty sure they should be looked at.
  10. supalova20 Well-Known Player

DEVS...can you please change ANOMALY to a 3 second cooldown....its kinda hard to use on in a hybrid rotation....change to seconds please then it will be very useful
  11. supalova20 Well-Known Player

Devs... Also can you at least make TIME BOMB have at least a tick hit when CAST until it explodes at the end for damage since its slow still...I mean I use it in hybrid on both PIs and i figured it out but you have to cast it right away and it's kind of not fair you dont see numbers until it explodes which means sometimes or a lot of times you miss your explosion hit because adds are dead already thus WASTING the cast.....at least give it a good sizeable tick of damage upon casting it... that's all....
    • Like x 2
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All posts above this one have been reviewed by the team.
  13. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Then the question exists, why are you using Time Bomb in a scenario where adds are dying in under 6 seconds?
    Example:

I'm 201 quantum with 21551 might.

Time bombs hits three targets for 13934 + (672-717) damage each for 300 power cost. Total damage is ~43800. I got slightly higher one time at 14100 but not important.

Alcubierre wave hits three targets for ~8000 each. If I crit, I get 16-17k. Ability crit chance is 26% which means roughly 1 out of every 4 ticks I do, one will crit. 3 ticks @ 8000 damage + 1 tick @ 16000 damage = 10000 damage average. Total damage is ~30,000.

You asked a good sizeable tick of damage upon casting it. Why not hit Alcubierre instead for 30k upfront since time bomb never gets off? Distortion Wave is ~6000 each so that should average around 22500 for half of time bomb's damage upfront. Inspiral Waves hits for 15k each noncrit and is a 100 power cost. You could cast two of them and get 30k damage which is the same as alcubierre wave if it's on cooldown, or you can cast three of them and get more damage than time bomb or clip it with a short combo since we're talking about <6 second duration. Instead of spending 300 power on time bomb, use it on something else if you're against low health adds.
  14. AlienNomad Well-Known Player

There are some powers in quantum that have been completely ignored, and for years! The worst of these is Energy Expulsion. I can't imagine anyone has it in their loadout. But the potential is enormous here! The problems with EE is that it has a 2.5 sec cast time and is easily interruptible. It eats power but it's a 35% finisher that hits for about 3x the damage of a loaded time bomb explosion (when the enemy's health is 35% or less of course). Adjusting this one power alone to make it either not interruptible AND/OR decrease cast time to 1.0 second would likely bring it up to par with other dps powers without all the fuss over Time Bomb. It would great if the devs would consider taking a looking this power.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

All executes except for Rage have been standardized so there won't be any change. However, it's damage will feed into your Time Bomb which can be highly useful on a solo boss fight.
  16. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Just an observation: Gravity Bomb seems to have really low damage for a 200 power cost. Is it because of a crowd control factored in?
  17. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

More than likely yes. Crowd control is a reduction in damage, which is probably the reason why Distortion Wave has barely any damage (like 100 more) above Inspiral Waves even though IW is a 100 cost and DW is a 300. There was talk earlier of how they should make all the abilities that do have cc only give cc in troll stance so that it could give more variety for dps options. Right now it limits controller powers, and given the nature of quantum cc, it's probably why it's poor compared to the rest of the powersets now.
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

Making a sinergy between dilation an graviton would be nice. Quantum is one of four powers that are split in between two PI's... That is an unnessesary unconvenience!

How about making powers that setup dilation also exploit graviton and those setup graviton also exploit dilation?
  19. L T Devoted Player

I thought they backed away from that. Unless you're going to be able to crowd control things in DPS stance, what's the point of tying damage to crowd control?? You're basically taking most of quantum's powers off the table.
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Well if ya saw what spord said yesterday in the HL thread im pretty sure thats why he/she is asking about the CC ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.