Stats Revamp 1.7 - Light

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by spord, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Thats my new enhanced version, Lighthouse Blast hehe.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It was removed from all combo powers, not just Light.
  3. krytine Loyal Player

Where is the hard light wall bring it back this move was the best move in the game when you had it working right in pve. One troll would keep the hl troll powered and we could walk down the hall in gates all the way to the head add that summoned all the others. It was great. Loved that move. Until you devs broke it thanks to whom tunso maybe. Give us the wall again allow us to damage through the wall and make it where the adds cant walk threw it it was hl best defensive move in an 8 man
  4. Swiftduck Loyal Player

i remember that move being a completely useless.

The wall breaks in seconds and does nothing but drain the trolls power. They removed it for good reason. It was terrible.
    • Like x 2
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

There was a mod for it in the Time Capsule though. :rolleyes:
  6. Swiftduck Loyal Player

lol is that what got people goin about that power?

lol that was a mistake.
    • Like x 2
  7. krytine Loyal Player

That was after the devs nerfed it before that it had no limit until the troll ran out of power
  8. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

I love the damage that ballistic assault does glad there is a purpose to having it in the loadout now. I understand that all the numbers for damage out have been adjusted so they look different from the live version. Normal attacks numbers seem very low especially the higher power cost ones, needs adjusted or its just not worth it. This may be another attempt to slow things down with that being said add fights seem a little drawn out and as much as Im hitting enemies that are unaffected and relentlessly continue attacking sure their life goes down but their damage out doesn't. where as my attacks are interrupted quite a bit this testing was done in typhoons area. Now I haven't figured out my setup for specing quite yet but on first glance the battles for the open world adds are gunna take longer coming in at lower levels might be rough in the beginning. so I guess that is the fix for speeding through content, question for those that have run raids how long are they taking for completion. Last thing I want is to be in a raid for 2hrs or more because the group isn't working out or the content was slowed down that much. As is I picture more LFG groups and regular queues dieing off. Good and bad I guess. Lots more relearning to do, Out with old hope for the best.
  9. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi spord

Adjusted combo damage based on combo length. This affects the following abilities:
    • Light: Boxing, Chainsaw, Claws, (Entrap) Swing, Fan, Grasping Hand, Hand Clap, Impact, Ram, Snap Trap, Whip Thrash.(That's what Mepps wrote)
    So are you sure those will be in line with other similar combos ? ( like atomic ones because they're equally fast) Also since you reduced damage ,( I noticed that happened) did you also reduce their powercost?
  10. Mighty Committed Player

Jumping on now, but if damage was reduced then there needs to be a corresponding reduction in power costs. Ever construct is essentially a 300 or 400 power. No idea why we're even messing with this, and then slipping it in on a Friday holiday weekend. That doesn't conjur up awful GU50 memories or anything.
    • Like x 3
  11. Mighty Committed Player

I went from parsing 35-37k DPS at CR 189 might modded to parsing 27-32k DPS at CR 201 might modded, and I am screaming through power. The damage reduction to construct fan - the mainstay of light ranged DPS - has hammered the power, and I'm still draining my power bar after about 1.5 rotations with a troll. Ugh. Light was in a great place before this change, the damage was good and comparable but high power consumption. Now it's high power consumption and it hits like crap. If this goes live I'm done for good.
    • Like x 4
  12. Mighty Committed Player

Fan pre-hotfix: avg 5502 non crit
    Fan post-hotfix: avg 2362 non crit

The damage has been more than halved. The power cost hasn't been touched. My rifle grenade and rifle shot hit slightly harder than construct fan right now, as a full might spec. What even is the point to being light under the current test build when you can just spam weapon taps?

There are a few issues here. First, PftT is the most-viable build for light, because of the taps and holds activating a combo from almost every power we cast, it's difficult to mix in a moderate amount of weapon attacks and combos. By all practicality, hybrid is a non-option. PftT has to excel for light, or the power itself underperforms. The way PftT works for light, to be effective one needs to follow a Power-Construct/Power-Construct approach with the PI running. Going deeper into the combo chain than that is too slow and does too little damage to compensate for the transition between animations. That amounts to basically spamming 300-cost powers (a 200 and then a 100, clipped by a 200) if you're rocking a 200 cost loadout (and because of the weirdly long cooldown on power fan, and hand clap's single target approach, there's not much in the way of non-melee 300s).

Second, light has no long animation, hard-hitting AOE to AOE ranged combos, so we are stuck clipping together quick combos. That's totally fine by me, and dare I say most old school light DPSes. But the power was built before the combos cost power, and now slapping them with a 100 power cost and reducing the damage based on animation times is an overkill double-wammy. Like, one or the other guys. We have no effective dot damage. The one dot we have in chompers runs out in four seconds and doesn't hit particularly hard. We have to be hitting something constantly to keep up DPS, and now after the current iteration on test the onus is to spam even more to try and keep up in damage.

Third, the melee damage doesn't justify the risk of using the powers. Light claws is averaging 3,173 DPS for me, that's less than a minigun tick (4,979 avg tick) for a move that lunges you at the target. Lunging swing (4,774 avg hit) suffers a similar fate. This wasn't a huge concern when construct fan hit harder than a rifle tap, and you could do good AOE DPS without having to be on top of the targets and the tank (a major, major plus), but now we're back to trying to squeeze melee damage out of relatively weak melee powers in a powerset that doesn't have the built in survivability quirk of, say, rage, making melee a viable play style.

In all, I think light was incredibly well balanced in its DPS potential per power consumption before the current fix. You were there. A light DPS could meter up and squeeze some more damage in short bursts off a soda or a troll SC, and outside of that it performed well. Now it's hitting about 8-10k less at the same power cost, and Hard Light is back in the weeds.
    • Like x 4
  13. Mighty Committed Player

Just, at the end of the day, I thought we were balancing things around power costs. Now we're balancing things around power costs and animation times. Seems like we need to pick one.

Going on three years of this stuff since GU36, I'm just tired of it. I'm tired of feeling like I have to present a case for my favorite powerset to not be gimped relative to everyone else. Just over it.
    • Like x 6
  14. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This was just a terrible decision for the combo powers we've tested and they really need to undo this last update to combos cause man did they just kill things :(

Like you said they had it right but for some reason they had to mess with things. I really hope this change is undone!!!!!
    • Like x 5
  15. Elusian Crowd Control

HL had a power issue before. Now it has a power and damage issue.

Was it able to parse over others? Yes! But not by much.
    Instead addressing the power problems first we got nothing there done but dmg extremes swing from one side to another. I havent checked into the other combo powers but what I hear this update was a major step backwards for them too. =/
    • Like x 6
  16. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

You guys really need to roll back this update. Light was in a great spot before with just a few power consumption issues; nothing super serious. Now light has power consumption issues and damage issues. Please take this back to the drawing board or take back the changes and leave it alone.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Has anyone tried going deeper into the combo chain now? It sounds like they're trying to make it where light strings together combos again. I'd double check whether there's a damage multiplier in there for hitting 5 or 6 combos. I'm going to get on this afternoon and I can check then too.
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

If they want it where light uses longer combos (and benefits from it) I'd be in favor of that since it's basically what makes light unique as a power. There should be some variety though, including some powers that are burst oriented for people who want to hybrid.
  19. Mighty Committed Player

Do you main light? No? Cool, then just stop. You haven't even tested this trainwreck yet.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mighty Committed Player

The more I've thought about nerfing the hell out of combo'd powers because of their animation times, the more it makes zero sense to me. If we're clipping the combo'd move with another power, he animation time is irrelevant on non-channeled powers because the combo'd move is clipped in a fraction of a second. Really just putting it back to where it was and ignoring the power consumption issue would be preferable to anything else now. I was parsing some 20 and 25k AOE rotations last night. This is a cruel joke.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.