Stats Revamp 1.7 - Ice

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moja Developer

Hey everyone, we’re back with another set of Stats Revamp updates! This thread is for feedback specific to Ice powers. Before testing, please read the notes for our general changes here.

The biggest concern from Ice players was DPS performance. Ice has received a buff with the buffs to channels, and in addition, some abilities have been skewed towards a higher cost for better throughput.

Patch Notes
    • General:
      • Updated all abilities for new balance values.
      • Channels now always allow retargeting
    • Glacier Flash, Blizzard, and Freeze Ray
      • No longer benefit from Frostbite.
    • Deep Freeze and Freeze Ray
      • No longer inflict Crushing.
    • Arctic Gust:
      • Increased cost to 200, up from 100, and increased damage accordingly.
    • Blizzard:
      • Reduced cost back to 50% and reduced damage accordingly.
    • Frost Blast:
      • Increased cost to 400, up from 300, and increased damage accordingly.
      • Cone attacks now have a wider angle.
    • Ice Boulder:
      • Increased cost to 300, up from 200, added knockdown, and increased damage accordingly.
    • Ice Boulder Strike:
      • Increased cost to 300, up from 200, and increased damage accordingly.
      • Now benefits from Frostbite, rather than applying it.
    • Inescapable Storm:
      • Cone attacks now have a wider angle.
    • Shatter Restraints:
      • Increased cost to 200 and increased shield accordingly.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Did the tank side receive extra defense to compensate for the removal of defense from the stat trees?
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

So they removed the Def buff from using powers? It has been a while since Ice was touched so I don't remember. If so, just put it back. That along with the shields gave Ice its flavor.

I might actually jump back on test to check this stuff out.
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The damage improvements to ice was very noticeable; Much improved over the last update. I was able to burn adds more quickly, and the pacing felt good.

Snow Devil:
    Needs to either be buffed or not cost 300 power. Snow Devil only does around 275 to 650 damage at best, which is both inconsistent and makes him not worth using in a loadout. I swapped Snow devil out for Wintry tempest and I had way better results in the Artemis solo.

Blizzard:
    I felt the damage from blizzard was very meh at best. I only seen about 1500 damage come out which didn't give me the"Oh this is a great supercharge, or that this gonna be super powerful".. I felt like SC's should be more impactful; and Blizzard falls very short of the mark.

Lack of Crowd Control:
    More specifically I think this is the biggest problem with ice right now. There's next to no Crowd Control Abilties, and that's quite inconvenient when using something like Arctic gust. Since Arctic gust is kind of your main best damage move(for low/medium power cost) and has no crowd control, this means you're forced to use Snowball as your spammer which isn't ideal because you'll be low on burn.

If we can get more CC moves for ice; that would be greatly appreciated.

Overall: Besides the Crowd Control and Snow Devil problems I have, I'd say ice is a very solid DPS powerset to use.
    • Like x 3
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Do you think adding the CC element back to Snow Devil would be a good solution?
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It's Iffy for me, Even if they did give the CC effects back to Snow Devil I still wouldn't want it at 300 power-cost unless the damage that snow devil causes get's buffed.

It only does around 275 to 650 damage, pretty much any other high cost move outperforms that thing especially wintry tempest.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No, it's now a static defense buff for being in tank role and an additional buff while not blocking with ice armor up.

Bug Report: Frost blast seems to cancel itself when you use another power before the animation ends.

Edit: the cooldown is actually doubling itself when frost blast glitches out, so not only is there no damage, but double the cooldown...
  8. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

This might be a dumb question, but does Ice elemental still give the boost when converting back to human form?
  9. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Can you explain to me why people would still be using Arctic Gust? I thought they were removing the AMs? Will I not be able to go Hybrid and use things like Wintery Tempest, Ice Bash, Reflection, Frost Snipe, Resonating Gale, and Blizzard?
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Bug report: The bug here is if try you use another power as fast as possible at the end of frost blast you will actually cut off the damage of frost blast.

Fire burst is the same power as frost blast and i haven't had this happen to me playing fire but with ice i noticed it right off the bat cause when dps'ing you tend to be on the buttons slightly before a powers animation is over so you can get the next power or weapon attack going asap.

In the vid below the first time i cast frost blast i hold up a sec on ice bolder but on the next 2 attempts i play it normal and hit ice bolder as soon as i can and you will notice none of frost blasts damage goes through.

People have also reported that this happens with fires mass det to.
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

You don't get power back when using Arctic Gust, so you can't spam it endlessly. That doesn't mean the power absolutely sucks and is now useless. I'm guessing you'll still see it used.

That having been said, you can absolutely play hybrid as Ice. You'll probably get your best damage that way by a small margin.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

They are removing AM's but Arctic gust at least for me imo, is the best option out of the low to medium cost spamming abilties.
    So If I have that mentality; I'm sure others will follow.
  13. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

If someone wanted to play a Hybrid Burst Loadout like me, would I still be able to do that? Like Frost Snipe and Resonating Gale, and Boulder Strike? Like, you have channeled powers like Arctic Gust, and then you have burst damage. Would I burst damage loadout be viable?
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yes you should be able to keep up, and use the hybrid loadout just fine.
    After all, I only used Arctic gust in my PFTT loadout. Using something like Arctic gust in a Hybrid loadout would be illogical because it would take too much time away from casting other powers or getting back to your weapon combos.
  15. Balistical lce Well-Known Player

Do you plan to have atleast 2 armories set up for the new playstyles?
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Probably not. I was posting the PFTT setup so post am guys could know that this playstyle still works incredibly well. For me to go full PFTT with ice is to pretty much undo everything I complained about when it had the AM, I played ice before and After AM so I'm gonna stick with hybrid for that setup.

And... Not to be rude, but the whole playstyle discussions stuff should probably be made in a different thread or spoke of in the official revamp thread since this has more to do with preference vs stuff relevant to the ice changes.
    • Like x 1
  17. Cyro Committed Player

I agree with J.D snow devil needs a buff. Right now the pet plays much like a dot it does damage every second but the damage it does is very low
  18. Maxwill Committed Player

Hi there, can you please make Resonating Gale a 300 power cost and increase damage accordingly?It would be good for ice to have a 2nd aoe burst damage , some powers have at least 2 of them so ice should too.

Also Snow Devil is doing too low damage compared to nature's swarm. Please bring Snow Devil in line with other similar power, having the same powercost and should do the same damage.

1)And about tank shields, are they balanced? Are all of them absorbing same damage(same percentage of restoration+ dominance) ?
    I read that 1 shield absorbs about 18% of 112,5 restoration+ 150 % dominance , other about 59% of 112,5 restoration+ 150 and the last one about 90% of 112,5 restoration+ 150...
    2)Is that true? I'm not a fan of that to be honest, would be great to have them all absorb same percentage of 112,5 restoration+ 150. Power costs don't matter for us tanks because we use those every 12-18 seconds.So it's okay if you make them have same power cost and absorb same % of 112,5 restoration+ 150.

3)Also how about bringing Bitter Winds as a shield? I would prefer Bitter Winds instead of a iconic shield, because of animation mainly.

So let's say, for example, that all shields combined absorb 167%( =18+59+90) of 112,5 restoration+ 150. Split those in 4 equal parts ( if you don't mind adding bitter winds as a shield) and we have 167/4=almost 42% of 112,5 restoration+ 150.
    • Like x 3
  19. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

For the tank side the shield animations need to be sealed back to normal reflection and winter ward
    • Like x 2
  20. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

I agree with you fully all shields need to absorb the same amount of damage an bitter winds need to restored as a shield once more
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.