Stats Revamp 1.7: Earth

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Running full Might/Power spec, Earth seems to do fine with PftT combos. I had no problems even with 1 troll, 2 trolls, or whatever. Solo/duo, the enemies baubles after dying were enough to keep me back up.

The damage on the combos isn't like OP or anything crazy great..its actually quite balanced, I would say the damage is consistent. But I will note that I was able to do the same amount of damage with either Upheaval or Jackhammer. Jackhammer costs more and is melee. So with that I think Jackhammer needs a slight increase in damage without touching the cooldown, crowd control, or cost. Other than that, the damage is really consistent....I like the power costs where they are now.
    • Like x 1
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

Yes, and also in terms of tanking seems very solid and consistent. Running JFAn I was able to become a Battle Tank with Jackhammer without a die and in a 5-1-1-1 system. No complaints at all about both sides at the moment.

Also the power cost seems fine too. Agree 100% with you.
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I

Hmmm... I would want to know how that changes the damage. If RC stays 200 cost, one could make a ranged PftT loadout with RC, Shards and SS.
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

Good question, must be tested.
  5. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

So far earth looks really good can't wait to see what brick does next
    • Like x 2
  6. Caz Active Player

finally someone that likes using brick i thought i was the only 1. :)
    • Like x 1
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

Feedback

- Debris Field to inflict Crushing and Rumblecrush to take additional damage on crushed enemies.
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

There's too many 300 power cost abilities and not enough medium/low ones, this is gonna kill off Diversity for Earth DPS.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Here's what I mean:
    As an Earth DPS we're limited to only to two abilities cost spammers: Jackhammer, and Upheaval. Everything else costs 300; what's up with that are we only supposed to be playing with just these select few moves?

300 power costs aren't worth it:
    On top of the overkill demand to use something outside of Aftershock DPS, the damage that comes from the 300 power-cost moves like Shards, Tectonic Break, and Striking Stones; don't deliver. They also require way too much power to use, you can't maintain a rotation with these guys.

With Jackhammer and Upheaval I'm able to get more damage and sustain my power bar.

TL;DR:
    Reduce the power costs on moves like Tectonic break, Totem, Debris field, Shards, or even Striking Stones; If these abilities make it to live like this nobody will use them and it'll make Earth Cookie Cutter.
    Make them more effective. It should be comparable or better than an aftershock loadout, especially at 300 power-cost.
    • Like x 2
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

Totem and Shards could have your power cost reduced from 300 to 200.
  10. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

Yea bro brick is awesome dnt get enough love
    • Like x 1
  11. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Why in hell are spamming abilities like Striking Stones and Shards with 300 power costs, they should be lowered to 200!

And why is Totem with 30 sec cooldown (5-6 longer than at Live server) ?
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You understand that if they reduce the power costs the damage will go down too right?
    • Like x 1
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yes I'm aware of that, but the damage that these powers do is already under-performing compared to sheer Jackhammer spam.

Jackhammer spam will deilver more DPS in the long run because it already does good damage and it can be maintained longer.

If you were to use something like Rumble Crush, Shards and Striking stones for burst abilities.. Yeah that'll get your troller to start yelling at you to stop consuming so much power(or vice versa)
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I wanted to run damage comparisons on it but haven't gotten around to it. It seems that the long cooldown keeps it feeling underpowered despite being melee and 300 power cost. For DPS it would only have usage in boss fights.
  15. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Just for reference. Totem is a mid range power that costs 300 with a 30 second cooldown, 29 ticks. That's why I went to 30 second parses. I have four parses of Totem only. Then four parses of Soul Well. Soul Well is full range, 12 second cooldown and 200 power but has slower ticks. You can stack two soul wells for a double tick if you cast as soon as it is off cooldown. That is reason the first parse at 1918 is lower, because I only had one SW to start the parse.

Totem needs some type of adjustment. We could always rationalize the cooldown and damage because Totem always gave a buff. Is it because of the Golem healing that the damage is lower?

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. TiGGeR.TSK Well-Known Player

Earth dps is really fun everything seems balanced
  17. L T Devoted Player

I disagree.

You have upheaval and pebble blast as 100 spammers. Localized Tremor, Unstoppable, Jackhammer, and Rumble Crush are medium-cost attacks. I think there's a pretty decent spread there, and I think you'll want those high cost options, some of which are DOT and others are burst.
  18. L T Devoted Player

BUG REPORT: Totem always ticks for the same amount of damage (123 for my CR166 toon, 154 with a crit).

Likewise, there's no spread to the damage from Debris Field either.

The damage from these powers is out of line with DOTs from Electric. Totem is too low for a 300 cost DOT, Debris Field is too high.
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

SS and Shards are fine as it is and we already have Upheaval and Jackhammer as spammers. We have no problems with these abilities.
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Localized tremor is melee.
    Jackhammer is melee.
    Upheaval is the only ranged spammer.
    Pebble Blast is single target.
    Rumble Crush is a PI applier.

See the Pattern I'm going with here? If you want any sort of variety for a Ranged DPS loadout, forget about it with those 300 power costs.

Your best bet is to stick with Jackhammer or Upheaval Spam. and I personally don't want that to be the only good choice that earth has.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.