Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamINC Dedicated Player

Let it ride? How can you leave something that is broken?

Too many people are reporting the same issues and concerns , it's almost like you guys are using spreadsheet testing methods rather than getting in game and seeing for yourselves , please don't let the game fall into another GU47 , GU50 State , it can't afford another mass exodus of players.

Reconsider this standpoint please!!
    • Like x 5
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So your telling me to help with the crazy high power cost issue you can't even do a simple fix such as making the trolls instant power give more power out???

The trolling issues are pretty clear and honestly not hard to fix, this is a major issue and shouldn't be blown off. Seriously why are such simple things so hard

And why can't pot just be like it used to? Why do you guys have to change things that aren't broken. So much stuff that worked just fine was changed and now things are a mess and for no reason.
    • Like x 7
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Forgive me to be blunt, but letting it ride actually hinders the players that are actually wanting to be that role. This is detrimental to the players and puts players off. You were changing early and it was looking good, but then you added breakout profiles. That just ruins the players experience. That... is frustrating.

Please at least reconsider the breakout profiles for the time being.
    • Like x 5
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont wanna be rude here but please no. I main as a troll and this needs to be addressed. U guys announced this revamp a year ago. Its been said over and over by many players that they want it done right and are cool with it taking however long for that to happen. U guys, the dev team, also said this. "It will remain on test until we get it right." All i see here is u have a planned release date and are gonna push it out whether its broken or not. Very frustrated atm :mad:

Im gonna echo what others have said about GU50. We have heard that song and dance before. And many of us have no faith when it comes to saying we will fix something down the road. Gu50 is used as the example because its literally been 2 years. In the past month or so i asked about broken things being fixed and it was said that with this revamp u guys werent going to let stuff like that make it onto live anymore. U guys really need to rethink this.

At the beginning of this revamp i was concerned about controlling and other players tried to tell me dont worry they will address all of it o_O I do NOT want to just spam instant power as a troll. What crappy heals said earlier is spot on imo.
    • Like x 6
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We previously rolled back all of the changes to breakout profiles in the revamp. Can you clarify what you are referring to?
  6. xD25x Dedicated Player

The playerbase appreciates how far the revamp has come and how the dev team has taken our advice into consideration. For a minute there I thought we were all on the same page with the same goals. No one will be upset if the revamp waits and the overall product is better than what we have now. Controller role and healing still need some tweeks.
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've been a proud supporter so far of the revamp, but if they leave trolls as they are, I can't support it anymore. People on live are going to have a cow. I'm not saying this to fear mong, I'm saying it as someone who has had plenty of pugging experience and knows how these people act and think. Power is a very big part of the revamp and it needs to be addressed properly, that includes the role that prioritizes in supplying it.

If they do have an unidentified release date or goal for the revamp, I would recommend pushing it back at least until all of the concerns with power management are dealt with.
    • Like x 3
  8. xD25x Dedicated Player

I agree 100 percent. No one is going to want to troll if this hits live. Like I mentioned earlier, the players who don't understand what the revamp changed are going to make trolling not fun. Your average player is only going to see that power regen is gone and the troll in the group has the fullest power bar. I think you mentioned double pot. That would help. Instant power should be higher. Let's be honest here. Why did the role have to be changed so much anyways?
    • Like x 2
  9. Celestial Powers Committed Player

...(and Sorcery + Nature + The Dominance Issues)...

They don't need the gadgets treatment but if they don't receive something it'll just be Elec and Celestial just like it's Nature and Celestial on live... snoozefest for healing options.
  10. Avair Administrator

I think my initial comments are being misconstrued, so I wanted to jump back on and elaborate a bit.

Initially in the Stats Revamp process we felt that the controller role was an area we could add a significant amount of game play to. We determined that power healing and crowd control were the two major pillars of the role. We set about tweaking, adding new mechanics, changing crowd control, power healing, etc. The further we deviated from the current live product with the controller role, the more negative feedback we received. This is not just isolated to controllers, it is game wide. We decided that giving smaller, more measurable updates that we could test and verify was a better approach, and thus, we walked back a significant number of updates to the role.

When I said that we would not be updating the controller role mechanics what I meant specifically is that we would not be drastically changing the controller game play and making large tweaks to crowd control or power healing mechanics (IE – making it so that you had to jump through game play hoops in order to perform either of those functions). What we will be doing is fixing bugs, tweaking numbers, and potentially making quality of life changes.

As always, we appreciate and welcome feedback and will consider it in our decisions. I apologize for the rough phrasing of “let it ride” and I did not mean to make you think that we were not concerned about the issues at hand. I meant it as a light-hearted way of saying that we are going to shift focus from updating mechanics wholesale in the revamp to updating balance, bug fixing, and tuning - this definitely includes power costs and the like.

I hope this clarifies the intent of my previous post.
    • Like x 11
  11. IamINC Dedicated Player

Thank you for elaborating on that Avair , makes for a lot better erm .... perspective :p
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

The fire has been extinguished

For now.....

As long as troll power out gets some form of tweaking so it's not as harsh as it is now, it should be fine
  13. Revafall Well-Known Player

Still the best dev in my book, thanks for being so transparent.
  14. Mighty Committed Player

So, I've been a Dad now for four years, and man, being a parent you spend most of your time seeing the world in "what could go wrong," and you try and steer your rugrats out of the way in time to keep them happy and healthy and everyone sane. Three-year-olds especially are difficult, because they know enough to think they know what's happening, and they get these impulses like "must touch that button, must get this candy, etc." where, you can tell them "no," "stop," "get down," "cut it out," until you've given yourself a migraine. But they're going to insist on following that impulse in spite of overwhelming protest on Dad's part, because they think things are copacetic. But they're not copacetic. Because, even in spite of their best intentions, threenagers don't see the world in the same level of complexity and detail, painted with countless life experiences that set off alarm bells in Dad. So they're going to do the thing you don't want them to do because it's going to set off unforeseen negative consequence they didn't fully appreciate, and Dad's gonna be stuck with the mess.

Man with all due respect, Michael, I read this thread, I go on test, I try things myself, I share notes with my colleagues and we all come to similar conclusions about power supply and trolling and we're telling you to not do that thing you feel compelled to do because of unappreciated consequences A, B, and C. And here y'all are, respectfully, insistent on doing the thing we're telling you not to do. My Dad-sense is tingling so much right now.

Edit: posted this just after your most recent response. I think the gist is still generally relevant, and I hope you can appreciate where a lot of us are coming from in terms of responsiveness to feedback in the past, but thank you for considering our feedback.
    • Like x 3
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Love it.
    • Like x 3
  16. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

i dont see what the issue is here with the devs trying to give TROLLS more things to do besides being a BATTERy.. sure that may be the MAIN FUNCTION.. but is that actually fun? No.. Expanding upon crowd control is the way to go! BUT content has to BE DRIVEN by it.. SIMILAR to A&B functionality at the last BOSS HAL & saint walker... OR L&W last boss with the VEXERS... if the devs are pushing to make TROLLS stuns and crowd control more POWERFUL they must implement gameplay that will support the new mechanics of the game.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Have you still got longer cooldowns on instant power I didn't test that last time?
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

cooldown is still 1.5 seconds. They only increased power cost.
    • Like x 1
  19. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I honestly think that VIT wasnt touched... We got a LARGE INCREASE to the POWER POOL but VITALIZATION wasnt scaled in the process as well.. powers now cost almost 8k to use and POT still around 800 (LMAOOO) along side with the SMALL instant dumps of 2k-3k.. thats wayyy too low.. Just scale VIT a bit higher...

mathematically youll be in the red without sodas and supply drops.. Unless the TROLL main function was meant to be revolved around SODAs and SUPPLY DROPS??? o_O
  20. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

PLEASE DO NOT RUSH the REVAMP out.. we've all been waiting for this! LETS take a deep breath, relax and be patient.. We definitely cannot afford to have this out prematurely... Callin this the PENULTIMATE revamp, as if youre trying to tell us, times almost up is kind of absurd.. I do not think we are even at the 75% mark of completion in its WHOLE ENTIRETY.

We have yet to come to a full conclusion about healing.. and STILL DEBATING on TROLL.. tanks are fine, dps is almost fine.. But dont shaft the support roles in expense of TANKS/DPS being near completion.
    • Like x 2
  21. light FX Steadfast Player

Ive said this so many times in the past. Content has to drive it/dictate it. If the content doesnt require trolls to do anything then they end up being a battery and nothing more. This has been said by so many people in the past too. And the 2 examples u used are the same ones everyone else uses when talking about this.

An example i like is having an add like the medics we have in AoJ come out during a boss fight. If the medic gets near the boss they heal em. They heal em a lot. And the medic has very high health so the dps cant just burn and ignore the mechanic. So the troll has to use a pull and get the medic away from the boss and keep em stunned away from the boss. When the boss hits 50% health another medic comes out.

Now this^ is simple and is similar to LnW but there the vexer saps power. And i literally just came up with this. I say that cause im just a player. The people who do this for a living can/should be coming up with mechanics like this for the troll role in content. The add could sap power, the add could buff the boss to where an attack is coming that does very large damage. The mechanic can be used different ways. We could have adds running to 4 consoles during a boss fight to activate em. And each time 1 gets turned on it buffs the boss more. And if all 4 get activated the boss 1 shots the group. Groups would need 2 trolls to pull em away and stun em. But we need more stuff like this for controllers.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.