Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Hello coughs I leave this to you;
    1.-The developers said at some point that after adjustments in test server renewed statistics for their live output, as this live would leave a wide margin for renewed statistics to continue growing.

Something that the current live server does not allow. (Whoever knows.)

It was also said that time would be spent before making any slight changes (in my opinion this in other mmorpg, it would mean that with each update or new DLC that comes out they could increase the limit from 175 to 176 or 180 or 200, who knows).

2. 175 + 175 force + 175 restoration + 175 health + 175 vitalisation + 175 domain = 1050 sp
    + 1sp weapon or hybrid or pft + 20sp critical probability = 1071 sp
    + 40sp critical magnitude in dps and heal, in Trol 10sp = 1181sp.

The basic weapon gataran from 7 to 9 sp, if they want the 4 specialties gasyaran about 29 sp.

And still more what they want to spend on powers of movement, but iconic powers. I've seen that currently the maximum spend of sp is 330sp.

Only with to spend in 2 branches of 175, are 350 sp against 330sp, and without taking necessary sp in weapon and regulatory critics.

3.-I do not know, if they noticed that version 1.7 has the same structure as 1.6 and 1.3.

4.- In version 1.4 and 1.5 was different from the current v.1.7.
    Starting with increased defense and health and in addition to selecting power could also select defense.

5.- Several players complained of easy content, which is why the structure of vercion 1.4 and 1.5.

6.-Mmm I have seen that several test server players entered instances from t1 to t8, from instances 2 players to 8 players.
    With maximum cr allowed by test server (cr 182, 190 and currently 201) plus sp max which I think was 175sp, plus the use of hometurf to the max (generator mods, olimpus plans, support, helpers, drop exploit and tactical mods) More mods olimpus in equipment, but trinkets.

Mmm, then say and continue to say Easy Content ..... Easy ... Easy ... Easy?
    Waw not so if they are right using all that if it is easy all the contents from T1 to T8.

Suggestion put them in bosses and sub-bosses can block the use of hometurf and trinkets of players for a certain time, to see if the content is still easy ?.

7.-Finally a suggestion.

For instances that have already been exceeded their maximum cr and the difference of cr is a lot, example t1 player 1 cr 34, player 2 cr 201 easy content and fast finish by cr 201.

Suggestion if a player enters that already exceeded the maximum of instance could lower the statistics him as in events of seasons, but without lowering health defense and the damage of the weapon.

Now by ulimo now if you notice a difference when reversing the 100sp for troll in domain, as well as 100sp in restoration for healers (before just a difference of 250 more healing now, if I remember correctly is 500)

THANK YOU for those developer changes I truly appreciate it as a healer nature and mental troll.

Good game to all.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

With these changes, I wondered what it would be like using the executes and empowered channelling mod in tanking, giving us even higher defense. What it appears: the mod does not extend the defense buff for the length of the animation. I can barely get to my stats window before I see the number change.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Devs....Trolls. Now is the perfect time to make some sort of change to how they operate. Trolling in an ALERT was just spamming instant power, not sure how many times the community has to let you know that is not how we want to troll? The stats revamp is the perfect time to change that yet it seems you guys are bent on keeping trolls as they are.

Ideas I'd like to see made:

-Double the PoT and let it stack in raids, more PoT we give, less instant power we need to throw, more power and time to do other stuff like debuffs, CC, or anything else we want
    -If the above isn't doable for whatever reason, attaching power regen to debuffs and CC powers would suffice as well, that way people who want to focus on those will still give power without the need to spam instant.

That's really my biggest gripe with trolls, I don't mind the battery concept but for the love that's all holy please move the troll meta away from spamming instant power. It's whats steering people away from wanting to troll and making it dull and boring,
    • Like x 9
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Cannot agree more with this. Right now trolls will be braindead spammers again as always, just with one more loadout slot where PoT used to be. I've been suggesting to let PoT stack in raids to give another incentive for dual trolling. I like your suggestion to just slap instant power on debuffs/CC powers as well so that trolls have more freedom in their playstyle instead of being forced to just spam Power dumps nonstop.

Increased Power costs on dumps (as in 1.7) won't make them any more "tactical" because they just aren't. Unless Power dumps get a 20+ second cooldown they will never be tactical and you'll always be expected to just spam it whenever ready. I'm not expecting any miracles anymore from this revamp but I sincerely hope that trolls will get some major mechanics updates in the near future. Right now we're just doing the same exact thing that people have complained about for several years.
    • Like x 3
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah cause this looks so much fun.... :rolleyes:

I tried to spice it up and add in the weapon buff, but as long as trolls are stuck spamming instant power, they don't really have time or the power for anything else that could be remotely deemed as "fun." Have to keep weapon combos short and excess power usage to a minimum or else it will hurt the group.

C'mon devs, update them. Or else what you see in the video is what's going to go live. 2 trolls, group still struggling with power.
    • Like x 3
  6. Evil Anon New Player

In addition to stacking pot, what if each troll power had their own unique way of giving larger ticks of power?

For example, in the Resource Recovery duo (Correct me if I'm wrong) Mantis or Mister Miracle takes up a role to assist you in battle. If he takes up the troll role he uses Gravity Well and it gives you power when you stand in it. I'm sure something like this could easily be applied to the real powerset and other troll powers.

Or perhaps in troll role if you apply the power interactions in a certain order, you and your group get a burst tick of power but not so much that it's self sustaining like AMs.
    (I'm just giving ideas don't crucify me. :oops:)
    • Like x 2
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

These are things that have been suggested countless times for years but so far all we got out of it was PoT being changed to work like taunt (which is good but doesn't make it any less boring) :confused:
  8. L T Devoted Player

I'd like to have POT stack... Preferably with a diminishing return-- 2nd troll adds half power, 3rd adds 1/4.... Etc.

While you're at it, make debuffs work the same way.
    • Like x 1
  9. L T Devoted Player

Did the formula for DOT damage change with 1.7/1.8? Damaging over time powers used to do more damage total than similar burst powers, but I'm not are seeing that with fire and electric now
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Or make it fully stackable but cap at 2 so that we aren't even tempted to try 3 troll runs again lol
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

What needs to be fixed is not just power, but crowd control as well.

They added back CC to powers, but the NPCs now have aggressive break out profiles.

They changed controller's to have a flat CC duration of 6 seconds, but the breakout profiles dictate otherwise as well as immunity.

What the point of crowd control when nothing can be controlled longer than 1sec?

I also want to know why dominance is a necessary stat for controllers anymore. If it's just for shield strength, that is kind of silly now. I'd say, make controlling like tank taunts. You don't need a minimum dom to stun, just be in the role in an instance. They've kind of made a stat rather useless now.
    • Like x 4
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Increasing PoT potency through a unique mechanic for each troll power is definitely not a bad idea at all. You've been spared from crucification (for now, anyway) :p
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I've always thought Dom should increase debuff potency for trolls. That way if you wanna spec more heavily on the dom side, while it would hurt your power out, you'll make up for it with stronger debuffs.

As far as crowd control, they could put adds on a 6 second breakout timer that resets with each CC ability you use. Example, say you're gadgets and stun an add with Gauss grenade, that add will stay stunned as for 6 seconds if you either A) use Gauss grenade again within those six seconds or B) don't use another CC ability in those six seconds. If you use another power and different CC effect (or weapon CC) the timer will reset. As long as you're rotating different CC effects, the timer will continue to reset. Spam the same thing though and they will break out. The trick with this system would be setting the timer to a happy medium so CC isn't so overpowered to the point where you don't need a tank for adds, but they also have to somehow incorporate a way for it to work differently when there's multiple people in the group that can CC.

Just throwing out ideas
  14. BumblingB I got better.

As it stands right now, Dom is a tank stat now. They seperated the 3 primary stats when initially controllers benefited from a little of all. I suppose it was to simplify it when deciding stats. Dom = Tank; Resto = Healer; Vit = Controller. But now we still need it for content. I think being set to just the gear and role would be the best option.

I agree with you, a lot of people suggested what you said, but as it stands, they just decided to increase the debuffs flat.

I just don't get why it has to have breakout profiles outside of a Match NPC. Making a role get reduced to just power spam is NOT how you make a role feel useful. Sure, needed because we can't maintain our own powers, but not useful.
    • Like x 1
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

Also agree 100% in what was already mentioned: that the PoT should have your potential doubled and be stackable in raids so that the controllers have more options to work with more freedom.
  16. Avair Administrator

Thanks everyone for all of the feedback. We are here reading and lurking - even if you don't see our posts much.

As far as Controllers getting mechanical updates - we considered it and started along that path earlier (you saw some updates for CC), but in the end it's far too large of a thing to tackle right now so we decided to walk some of that back. We are definitely keeping an eye on it and Controllers may get some love in the future, but we are going to let them ride for now.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  18. Dr Nastiobous Well-Known Player

Don't let it ride to far though, it needs attention.
    • Like x 2
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Is there really nothing that can be done in the revamp right now?? No quick fixes? Nothing? Letting PoT stack wouldn't fix everything but itl'l be a big improvement to what we have now...is that not something that can be quickly coded in?
    • Like x 3
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

That sounds an awful lot like "electric and nature can always get hotfixed in the future". No offense.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.