Stats Revamp 1.8: Gadgets

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Shin-O-B, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is Gauss Grenade -> Fear Gas supposed to produce an AoE stun?

The patch notes only make references to "surprises" when referencing Fear Gas.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Current Bugs and Issues
    Just a quick summary post to help me make sense of what's going on with all of the powers. Maybe it will help out the dev team too.

Battle Drone
    • In-game description needs to be updated to mention the Controller-role version provides a group shield.
    Cryo-Field
    • Does amazing supercharge generation and hit counter advancement. This may not be intended.
    • Will generate a 50 SC tick if in combat and it does not hit the enemy.
    • What's the order of precedence for power interactions? It is impossible to encase a Burning target. I believe this is because Burning has a higher priority than Encasement.
    Cryo-Foam
    • Currently inflicts defense debuff. In-game description says it inflicts healing debuff.
    • Requires three consecutive casts to encase a target. This should only require two. Requires multiple casts when used in conjunction with other encasing powers.
    • What's the order of precedence for power interactions? It is impossible to encase a Burning target. I believe this is because Burning has a higher priority than Encasement.
    Cuff'em
    • Does not advance the Hit Counter.
    EMP Pulse
    • Still has Electroshock stun power interaction with Dazed. Targets assume a default pose when stunned.
    • The stun does not work in Controller role.
    Fear Gas
    • Fear Gas is still listed on the Empowered Channeling mod list, but the player is still vulnerable to interrupt when using the mod.
    Gauss Grenade
    • Currently inflicts healing debuff. In-game description says it inflicts defense debuff.
    Implosion Mine
    • Bugs! Does no damage. Inflicts no power interactions. Has no control effects. Does not generate supercharge or advance the hit counter.
    • Is the description up to date? Will it inflict Frostbite and encase Frostbitten enemies?
    Napalm Grenade
    • In-game description needs to be updated that it inflicts Burning and doesn't leverage it.
    • Players are experiencing sporadic issues with Napalm Grenade missing the target causing no damage. You see the Grenade get tossed, but it does no damage.
    • Does not receive a damage boost for the lower end of its base damage threshold when the appropriate power interactions are setup.
    Paralyzing Dart
    • Is Dart supposed to be a single-target stun? On Live, it is Gadgets go-to group stun.
    • Stun portion of the power causes the target to assume a t-shaped default pose.
    Photon Blast
    • Leaves visual FX on the target.
    • Does not generate supercharge or advance the hit counter
    Stasis Field
    • Does not appear on the Gadgets power list.
    • Does not inflict Defense debuff as noted by the in-game description.
    Stealth
    • The description needs to be updated to say that inflicts Dazing. Not that Dazed enemies take additional damage.
    • Form transformations can be used to drop combat. This can be easily exploited.
    Surprise Attack
    • Does not generate supercharge or advance the hit counter
    Taser Pull
    • Still applying the Defense debuff. This is not noted in the in-game description.
    Thermite Mine
    • Does not advance the Hit Counter.
    Stealth
    • In-game description needs to be updated to note that it inflicts and does not use Dazed.
    Sticky Bomb
    • Wrong base power cost. Should be 200.
    • Only damages a single target if no power interaction has been setup.
    • Description needs to be updated to reflect it is still an Encasement Buster
    • Like x 2
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I'm not liking my AoE range options with respect to crowd-controlling enemies while in Controller role. When I think of AoE Stun, I'm thinking of something like Munitions Smoke Grenade Launcher which provides a ranged, moderate-length group stun. Let's review our options for Gadgets:

Cryo-Field
    Can only be used for stunning on initialization and if you are within 5 meters of the enemy. Has a long cooldown.

Cryo-Foam
    Compared to earlier versions of Gadgets revamp, it lost some functionality. It no longer roots or grounds. If you are going for an Encasement build, it takes 3 casts to get the encasement.

EMP Pulse
    The stun only works if you setup Dazed and EMP requires you to be in close proximity to the target.

Fear Gas
    The Panic effect often causes more problems than what it solves as demonstrated here:

If you do a combination of Electrify + Gauss Grenade, you end up with an AoE stun for ~5 seconds. The problem is that requires multiple control effects to pull off. The more control effects you have to use, the more likely you are to trigger a breakout.

Gauss Grenade
    This kind of works, but has a ~3 second stun length.

Napalm Grenade
    AoE knockdown. Has a bad tendency to miss the target.

Neural Neutralizer
    Very short range and 12 second cooldown timer.

Paralyzing Dart
    On Live, this was Gadgets go-to ranged AoE stun power. That is no longer the case under Revamp. It only stuns a single enemy and the 450 base power cost makes it prohibitive to use for its control effect.

Stasis Field
    This is an AoE Encasement power and you get all of the issues associated with encasements when you use it. Encasements prevent certain attacks from landing and tanks can't pull encasements. Detonating the Stasis Field doesn't really do much for crowd control.

Sticky Bomb
    AoE Knockdown. Doesn't provide much of a stun effect.

Taser Pull
    This might work, except for the big problem of pulling an enemy mob toward the group away.

Thermite Mine
    Localized AoE Knockdown. Doesn't provide much of a stun effect.

Vortex Cannon
    Melee range knockdown and stun.

Conclusion
    Out of all of those powers, the only things that work as a "medium-length ranged group stun" is Cryo-Foam and maybe Gauss Grenade->Fear Gas.
    • Like x 2
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Which power is supposed to apply the "Grounding" effect for Gadgets Controlling under 1.8? Under 1.6, using Cryo-Foam gave you an announced "grounding" effect on the targeted enemy.

Grounding is a very useful control effect, especially in competitive PvP. I haven't seen any Gadgets powers in my 1.8 testing that can apply the grounding control effect.
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

wait, are you saying finisher is something different than executer or is it the same -35% dammage??? :confused:
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    It is still possible to drop combat with form transformations. Here is an example with using "Return to Normal" at range:

Also works with Surprise Attack at range:

This can be exploited in a number of nefarious ways which I'm not going to elaborate on here.
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I'm not liking the 450 base power cost version of Paralyzing Dart. If you're playing solo or group content, it is too hard to build a workable rotation around it because of the high power cost. At CR 201, Paralyzing Dart costs 14197 power. Even with a heavy power spec, I only have 45898 Power on my character. With that kind of power scaling, I'm usually out of power after two rotations - maybe 3 if I get really lucky.

Paralyzing Dart does more damage than other ranged options, but you can't sustain it in anything more than a trivial encounter. That means Paralyzing Dart is best used for short spikes in burst damage. If you're using weapons to rebuild power on a Might/Power build after using Dart, that translates into a noticeable sustained damage decrease. Even then, the burst DPS isn't much of an improvement over some of the other more sustainable ranged options at 200/300 base power cost. With the extended duration of Revamp boss fights, Paralyzing Dart doesn't seem worth it in terms of damage output versus cost.

With limited loadout space, I'm thinking I would only slot Paralyzing Dart for very specific situations. The best example would be a raid boss situation that requires short, ranged spike damage to take out a set of mobs. Otherwise, you're going to need a lot of Controller help to reliably use it.
    • Like x 1
  8. Duck X Active Player

If battle drone is not going to be just like the shield supercharges and not give much more power than those how it is on live right now then my suggestion would be to make battle drone a group shield that would only be fair. Animation wise you guys could use stasis field or neural neutralizer for the group shielding effects or put it back to how it was if it wont give alot more power than the other controller supercharges...
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Why is there no group stun? Why are you taking away Battle Drone's uniqueness? Are you guys TRYING to ruin gadgets trolling?
    • Like x 2
  10. Duck X Active Player

11. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Cryo-Foam is your best option for a group stun at the moment. Everything else is rather lackluster.

The Controller version of Battle Drone provides a group shield and returns power. Are you seeing something different?
  12. Duck X Active Player

Oh i did not see the animation sorry. My effects are pretty low.
  13. Duck X Active Player

Nvm.
  14. Duck X Active Player

I turn my effects up abit and i see what you meant. The description of battle drone did not say that it shielded thats another reason i didnt know it was a shield. No effects + power description didnt say it lol sorry
    • Like x 1
  15. RAbram Level 30

I like what I am seeing so far with version 1.8 of gadgets.
    But I would still like to see it be a pet based.
    Here is one way it could be done.
    Have the suppressor turret work like Furry form Sorcery.
    Make Battle drone a normal power not a super charge and work like watcher from Sorcery but with power instead of health.
    Add a pet boost to Holographic decoy kind of like Fortify Golem from earth.
    And lastly a new super charge power that calls up suppressor turret, battle drone, and holographic decoy.
  16. xD25x Dedicated Player

Did you just say you wanted Gadgets a pet power? Look I'm dangerously close to a permanent ban so I'm not gonna flame you. But the backlash and hate you receive from other players will be well deserved.
    • Like x 1
  17. silikyan Well-Known Player

18. Duck X Active Player

Lmao frrrr boy said he wanted gadgets a pet power xD
    • Like x 1
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    It is good to see this old trick still works for Fear Gas:

You can "fall cancel" the animation for Fear Gas bypassing the dovetail and still get all of the damage ticks.

To use this in practice, try casting a Grenade power, jump as you cast the grenade, and cast Fear Gas as you start to fall.
    • Like x 1
  20. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I just wanted to post some additional examples of Napalm Grenade missing:

Lunge:

Falling:

Flying:

Note that the first one misses and the second connects. I'm not even moving on that last example.

Hovering Above the Target:

Throwing From Distance:
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.