Stats Revamp 1.7 - Rage

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Moja, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moja Developer

Hey everyone, we’re back with another set of Stats Revamp updates! This thread is for feedback specific to Rage powers. Before testing, please read the notes for our general changes here.

The biggest concern from Rage players was the performance of melee DPS. Rage benefits significantly from the buffs to melee type abilities, and has had a few abilities’ costs increased slightly for a damage boost.

Patch Notes
    • General:
      • General pass for new balance values.
      • Channels now always allow retargeting
    • Berserk:
      • Increased buff duration.
    • Eviscerating Chain:
      • No longer benefits from PI.
    • Infuriate:
      • Increased crit bonus and max healing.
    • Ire:
      • Increased cost to 200 and increased heal accordingly.
    • Outrage:
      • Increased the cost of the combo portions to 150, up from 100, and increased damage accordingly.
      • Hold combo now deals increased damage when used after the tap combo.
    • Plasma Retch:
      • Cone attacks now have a wider angle.
    • Ragebringer:
      • Cone attacks now have a wider angle.
    • Remorseless Recovery:
      • Reduced healing (healing is no longer treated as using shield values).
    • Dreadful Blast
      • Increased the cost of the combo portions to 150, up from 100, and increased damage accordingly.
    • Frenzy
      • Can now cast while moving
      • Increased starting cost to 150, up from 100. Increased combo cost to 50, up from 35. Increased damage accordingly.
  2. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Whats the thinking behind taking the PI away from Eviscerating Chain? Especially after making Plasma Retch much nicer to use.

Its probably to late for wishlist stuff but it would have been cool to see big changes to lacerate. Make it a 360 pull, add some DoT damage

I really hope testers test out all offensive powers and make sure they are all effective and not just the 1-2 old LO's. I really see people using this power set in content(not raids). I wanna see plasma retch and frenzy being used while mobile. I wanna see lacerate. I hope Remorseless is still effective at healing because I have never been able to heal by using rage crash.
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

They made the decision to have the Executes and "some" of the Supercharges not deal the extra PI damage because they are now by themselves much better.
  4. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

But is Echain better when your not is the execution window of <35% ? I guess if the enemy is healthy I can use something else.

How does Lacerate/gailing eruption function now? On live they both tap for might or tap+hold to trigger precision version. Since thats a waste now have they been changed? Specificly Lacerate which is an active/offensive ability, did it gain tap/hold combos?

Does Lacerate have pushback still. That and frenzy are the two I would like to try.
  5. Cyro Committed Player

We already have a 360 pull its called without mercy. That being said yea I would have loved to see something change about lacerate I cant think of any situation where it would be useful. Id rather see the power replaced tbh
  6. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

I would just like to say thanks you for increasing damage of powers and power costs accordingly. It sucks to be limited in damage even if you have enough power
    • Like x 1
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Suggestion:
    I like frenzy as a low cost melee spammer, but it would be better if the combos could be used to ignore the damage from rage-crash.

• Like x 2
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

They removed the pushback from Lacerate and i think from Mangle as well.
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Tested Rage out a bit this morning. Gotta say I love the changes overall.

Ran one of the new Alerts with 2 DPS, 1 Troller, 1 Healer. Between specing into the Mastery that grants me increased power regen, Supply Drops, Cola, and the Troller I was able to essentially play from the tray for about 95% of the Alert. Very rarely did I bottom out and not have a way to deal with it.

I have just over 250 SP on Test and I modded full Might in Reds, Might/Power in Yellows, and Might/Health in Blues.

I will say however that with having over 320 SP on Live I am going to have a lot of extra SP now that the Devs combined Might and Power into one SP. I will just be able to throw those extra SP into Health and make Melee'ing more viable when normally it might not be possible.
    • Like x 3
  10. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Now when healing is reduced, can we get 10-12 heal ticks instead of 6? This will help to feel more safety while using melee loadout.
    Finally we got this!!! Thx devs!
    • Like x 1
  11. Cyro Committed Player

currently testing rage first impressions are i love all the changes however, i am sad to see that plasma retch has the annoyingly long dovetail. Im left standing there like an idiot waiting to be able to do anything for, well granted its only like .5 seconds but its very annoying and slows down combat,
    • Like x 3
  12. Rokyn Dedicated Player

The reduced healing for Remorseless Recovery has been a deal breaker for the tanking. It's very weak and makes the tanking much more weaker. Consider changing it back to shield values.
    • Like x 2
  13. Cyro Committed Player

Ugh youre right - honestly i was hoping you were wrong but i have 175 in dom and modded for dom/prec in blue and red and health/resto in yellows and i capped at 2441. I was so excited to have a very aggressive tank armory, but if i ONLY get 2441 heals every 6 seconds....
  14. Cyro Committed Player

Sorry for posting back to back but it wont let me edit my last post.

RR being in this poor state is the difference between rage being a battle tank to simply an active tank. Right now we are just active. Please change the values of RR so that it is actually useful.

The idea of healing based on the damage we do has always been a dream for rage tanks, with stats we can make that happen so please change RR to make our dream a reality
    • Like x 2
  15. spack2k Steadfast Player

would be good if the ability "frenzy" can also prevent the rage crash

also maybe consider bringing dps and tank cooldowns of offensive abilitys more in line for better battle tanking, other tank powers dont have their abilitys increased by 2x while in tank role.
    • Like x 1
  16. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

In this case Frenetic Bombardment also must prevent rage crash.

+
  17. Savynaa Well-Known Player

The big problem i see with we have nothing to play hybrid playstyle in Dps. We can play a fake hybrid weapon + combo power but finally because we choose hybrid playstyle it's become mana hole. Really sad rage gameplay is only for pftt :/
    • Like x 1
  18. Cyro Committed Player

Lacerate - is still a useless power that should be buffed or removed for a legends ability

Plasma retch - still has an annoyingly long dove tail that slows down combat

Revenge- hits harder on the first hit then the second...kinda weird and makes using the second hit kinda pointless

Frenzy - Love the mobile and cheap power cost however getting to the last hit is never worth it. Any chance to increase the power cost of the last hit to increase the power?

Channel hate - Good damage however the dove tail slows down combat meaning its a loss damage wise. I have yet to test the healing aspect in tank role.

Relentless anger - It is a sc generator however due to the fact that it does lunge us forward a small bump in dps would be welcomed. This power is useless in content where you cannot get close so as a result i think we should get a damage increase as a trade of for a lunging sc generator.

Remorseless recovery - The healing is well how should i put this - horrendous i was speced full dom in sp, dom in generator, and dom/resto yellow, dom/prec red and the same in blue and i capped out at 2441. That is not ok. That is a beyond useless power. What makes it worse is its only every 2 seconds. The cap needs to be increased. RR can be the difference between active tanking and battle tanking for rage. We rage players have wanted to battle tank with RR for so long and now is our chance so please fix it.

I got pulled into live so ill test more tomorrow
    • Like x 1
  19. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Disagree. 1st hit cost more power so it's does more damage, 2nd hit we can clip so it's additional damage anyway. Rage is pretty power hungry so we do not need more mid or high cost abilities. If you want high damage - use Outrage instead of Frenzy.

Devs, do not touch Frenzy and Revenge, these abilities is good.
  20. Cyro Committed Player

Did not notice the higher power cost.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.