Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

I a Premium player so dont tell me about mods and comparing to live servers pls. In my opinion testers should be competent people, not just players dressing up current top gear and running with a random or only high power cost set of skills and thinking that CR is still king.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

That pigeon holes roles. At least if you were in a role, you could utilize the power stat, since the regen is based on your power pool no matter what role you have. The best move would be to put power into dom, vit, and resto.
    • Like x 3
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

That isn't testers, That's people trying to test without reading the updates. Testers like myself are aware that CR isn't King anymore, And as a matter of fact; everytime I've ran an instance on test server; I always use a low to medium cost loadout.

So please don't get testers mixed up with people who are trying to find the best loadout and comp numbers.
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Im not disagreeing certainly about the dress up but every player is different and that helps with testing to get different aspects and different eyes. We may not agree with the feedback but it doesnt mean its not relevant. Its a game for everyone, not the select few. if players were more informative with Spec and loadout, testing life would be better to see what they are doing.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

I certainly wouldnt be against adding some Power to those stats since yeah, Power is the Secondary stat after these Primaries. Even if a smaller % of what Might has would be fine.
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

You could always work on survivability. That would give you something to spend sp on till 390 sp. If you add the power regen breakout inates in the movement mode tree, that's 6 more sp you need as well.
    Other roles have lots to spend so on in this system. For a tank to max out health, resto (part of tank shield strength), and Dom, they need over 500 sp.
  7. RAbram Level 30

I see you are adjusting the size and shape of a lot of the cone shaped attacks.
    It would be great if you could adjust the size and shape of the animations to match the new attack areas.
    To make it easier to see how is getting hit by the attack.
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not sure why people are still saying support roles don't benefit, the option to spec power is still there. You would just get additional might on the side which doesn't hurt or hinder you. Im not seeing how that's different from speccing power by itself. In my opinion it's an improvement because you get two stats in one.
    • Like x 2
  9. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

The patch notes should have said "removed the Might innates and added Might to the Power innate" :D
    • Like x 1
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Lol yeah it would have received a lot less backlash. Funny how the mind comprehends things when you simply flip words around.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Request: Update to the stat trees

Make the stat increase linear instead of exponential. Why? Cause even with the 10% boost at 100 points, the boost you receive closer to the 175 mark still greatly overshadows it. You can drink a cola and match the stat buff at 100 points, it's pretty much worthless. Making it linear would bring it more in line and make people actually want to dump sp into multiple stats, it also wouldn't give someone with enough sp to fully spec into a stat such a huge advantage as opposed to someone that only has enough sp for 100 or so.

Also, make the stat increase scale with CR so you don't "outgrow" the stats.
  12. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

On the other hand we probably would have gotten a DPS outrage over the "removal" of Might innates :rolleyes:
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I think the issue some people are having with it is that while this is a benefit for PftT or power leaning hybrid DPS builds (so they now get 2 stats for 1 sp), other roles that need/ want to spec into power don't get the same benefit, and that seems somewhat unfair.

I don't believe there Devs will want to have power available on all role specific stats (as some have suggested), because then there would just be too much available to spec in to. As mentioned in previous versions of test, the power stat is now tied to how much damage a dps can do. So there need to be good limits on how fast that start can rise. So I think support role gear power needs to be enough, and we should point out where it is not.
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

NO because stats matter
    • Like x 1
  15. Maxwill Committed Player

Suvivability for ranged dpses???? What is this ranged pvp? Suvivability is a tanks feature and in pve for dpses is RARELY needed, Might and Power is more needed.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They still would matter, just earlier then they do now :D
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

This is the first you mentioned any
    Two things, you aren't always in group content, and even when you are bosses have range, aoe, and scripted attacks that can take large chunks out of your health if you don't work on your survivability. So being a range DPS only gives you some relatives safety, but if you increase your health you won't go down as fast from the boss or add attacks that inevitably come your way. I'm not saying that's the priority for a dps, but it's certainly something many dps should start looking at, and this will allow then to.

Edit: I also forgot to mention the communities preference to run alerts without a tank. So how is that non existent tank song to aid in your survivability exactly?
  18. Mighty Committed Player

If you want to spec sp into power for your role, spec into might. It's the exact same thing. If before the pairing you were like "hmmm, I'm gonna throw some SP into just power so I can increase my pool to spam heals/recharge/shields/whatever," then you can still do that. Just spec your SP into the might tree and squint real hard and pretend it says "power" instead of might. The effect on your power stat will 1,000% be the same but you're also getting a bonus side of might. Y'all are thinking way too hard about this.

Say you're at McDonalds and you're going to get a value meal. Here in the states a value meal is an entree, a soda, and a side of fries. Doesn't matter what the entree is, nuggets, a burger, chicken sandwich, whatever, get the meal it's coming with fries and a drink. Right now might is the meal, and power is fries and a drink. Complaining about the pairing is a little goofy. If you want fries and a drink (power), that's fine, for this price (1sp) you get fries and a drink, and a free entree! Sure, maybe you'd prefer the burger and not the nuggets, but yo, free entree folks. Free. As in 2-for-1. Let's not spin our wheels complaining about free. Free is not unfair. Free is free.

Moving on to less-trivial issues: power cost scaling with CR seems too aggressive and has been this way for awhile, but we didn't notice it for three years because WM/AMs were power-friendly. But now the issue is back, and merits a real look.
  19. Maxwill Committed Player

Healers ! We have healers that heal us...Don't keep saying nonsense please, I know some dpses with more sp will have advantage over those with less sp if we get to put more sp in Might (more than 175) and maybe that's what you're to avoid.

Well we(320+ sp players) spent ALOT OF TIME AND MONEY playing and paying for stuff so we should be well rewarded.More Health isn't a good reward, more Power and Might is a good reward.
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You shouldn't reward people for spending money. Their reward is whatever Benefit you received from spending money. You're isolating the lower cr/sp community with your idea for a couple hundred people that make up maybe 0.5% of the playerbase as a whole.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.