Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You guys need to take a serious look at the power cost scaling with CR as well. At 189 you can maintain yourself almost twice as long as you can at 201, it seems the power cost scaling doesn't coincide with the increase in power.
    • Like x 10
  2. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There is a difference between being a battle tank, and being an active tank. Not all content required you to turtle tank, (only come out of block to use a power to group adds, refresh agro, or for counter mechanics). I've had fun being an active tank for years, and many league mates have commented that I make tanking look fun (I'm ice by the way). I played around my tank on test this morning, grouping as many adds as I could in the war torn village and I was pleased with the results.
  3. °RAGEZ° Active Player

Sounds good! Chapeau :)

As Munitions Player since release im wondering only about 1 thing; why would i need a Precision Buff if i wish to PFTT? (Edit: I wouldnt, i know ;))

Sure i could go Hybrid and i tried that. But personally i didnt like it 1 bit because i still "feel" Munitions was build around the Advanced Mechanic, meaning without it, it wouldnt exist. Imagine all the channeled Powers (Railguns, 5Barrel etc.) combined with Weapon Attacks. :confused: That aint working for me.

So even after SR i would clearly go for PFTT, so what about if we could choose between a Precision Buff and a Might Buff when building the Loadout? Just put 1 Skill in the Skilltree (like with Earth Crystal/Golem) where you can choose after out of 2 Skills. Get what i mean? :) Of course you could only use 1 Buff at the Time/ in your Loadout.
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You don't need prec to PFtT. If you want to strictly use powers go full might. If you're clipping weapon attacks with powers it's no longer PFtT, but a watered down form of hybrid.
  5. °RAGEZ° Active Player

I know i wont need Prec for PFTT :) But there will be some Players who will go for Hybrid and others like me, rather PFTT. So why not simply put 2 Versions of the Buff, 1 Prec and 1 Might. :) Actually all other Sets who have a Buff Skill may have use for 2 Versions as well.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I believe they removed might buffs from the game to get rid of the "must have in your loadout or get out" powers. A might buff would probably put PFtT well above hybrid if it was 33% like the prec buff. They would have to put it at maybe 10 or 15% if they were to ever add it back.
    • Like x 1
  7. bmce84 Loyal Player

Ok I'll have to try Light again because I was seriously disappointed with what I saw the last time I played, hopefully it is better now and worth coming back to.
  8. °RAGEZ° Active Player

Yeap 33% would definetly be too much. 10% sounds fine enough... i like using Buffs :p
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

During the Fire revamp i asked about the Fire self heals, if they work the same as in Live (dom+resto, resto buff and affected by the crit magnitude and chance) but got no answer. Would like to know that.
  10. Cyro Committed Player

So currently each skill point tree has 175 to spec into which sounds like a lot when people are testing with 240-260 however quite a few people have above 300 sp - hell There are people with 331 sp already. The whole point of stats matter at its core is to make skill points matter yet dps wise if you are full weapon spec or pftt you need less than 250 in order to max out your dps spec.

With new dlcs, seasonal, big seasonal, and time capsules soon everyone will be over the amount of sp needed to max out all dps related stats meaning once again farming sp wont be worth it dps wise.

Now i know what you are saying what about support roles? They need a lot more then that. Well yes however this games (un)official name is dps universe online.

Can you please add more to each sp tree so that our sp/sp grind will matter for a long time to come.

I love the idea of combing both might and power however i agree with someone a page or two back in that it does dumb down game play abit. I dont want to remove power from might however would it be possible to increase the amount of might we can get, decrease the power from the might tree, and add back the power tree with access to more power than the might tree. This way support can get more power and dps for pftt is a little more complex.
  11. Cyro Committed Player

I 100% agree we should get the formulas for not only fire but all healing powers and shields. It would make testing so much easier. All the best testers are busy finding the formulas and quite frankly its a waste of their time when its so bloody easy for a dev to simply tell us them
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

Feedback

- Reduce Critical Attack Damage and Critical Healing Magnitude from 40 to 20 points but keep the same percent.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Feedback

Play from the tray is still un-sustainable within an instance, in terms of power even, if you put everything into might/power you simply don't get enough power back return to prevent yourself from resorting to your weapon. It's ok out in the likes of open world (war torn village) where you get back more power killing the adds, but it's not happening within instances - I tried to solo FOS3 and Prime, both were reasonably easy, although I still think they were hitting me way too hard considering I was CR201, and I struggled to maintain a power pool.

Or it's pushing you into using a certain loadout in order to sustain the power pool longer i.e. - all low cost moves, which is pushing us into cookie cutter loadouts.

I might do a bit of different testing a bit later today, but these was my initial thoughts.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I just wanted to re-post this as there may be something to that.
    • Like x 2
  15. stärnbock Devoted Player

QUESTION:
    why does high pressure (flight movement power) has the same (goofy) animation like wirlwind now? thats NOT cool, please revert!!!
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

if you want more power, ivest into might, simply ^^ i think the change (fusing might and power) is perfect...
    i do agree that 175 sp are not enough for much longer, as you said, we currently have around 330, and get more...
  17. mexmex Dedicated Player

Will it be feasible and still competitive to go with a iconic powers in our loadout???
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

All formulas are in the game now and have been for quite some time during Testing. Just pop open Excel and go to town. If the healing Crits work for the Powers, doing the math will give you the answer which Ill work on when I have the time next week.
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yes this!! We have been saying there is a scaling issue with power since the start of the revamp but it seems to keep getting ignored. If i can run a rotation at 120cr for 4 min without a troll but then i go to 189cr and i can only last 22 seconds theres clearly a scaling issue. If power costs where scaled correctly you would be able to run the same rotations at any cr.
    • Like x 3
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

I think the PFTT buff is not strong enough to play with anything else than low power cost powers, because you are still out of power fast even if you place 175 into might power... thats not a problem for itself, since players need to choose the powers they play with wisely. however: if you are out of power, you are basicly fragged, because you totally loose your ability to generate power through weapon attacks. on the other hand, weapon masterers dont have a risk like that, they dont realy need power anyways, get a dammage buff and also regenerate power automaticly... thats why i think the weapon buff is OP, and the PFTT buff is too weak... but hey, read my signature ^^ lol!

in my opinion, the PFTT could be stronger, the Weapon master should lose auto regen... but thats more of a detail, i like what you have in mind with these, and i think it was a great idea to fuse might and power!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.