Stats Revamp 1.7

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Well Earth wont need Precision since they wont have a Pet AM so even with Crystal out, they can play from the tray with might abilities. Precision damage doesnt rely on Power since it only comes from Weapons. Weapons by themselves have their own Power Regen with every attack. The Longer the animation, the more Power back you get. Now with the Weapon Mastery speccing into that will give Power back with your Weapons and increase the damage. The downside is the Passive Power Regen is lowered.

I certainly agree with Power Stat would help with having a larger Power Pool for Healers and Controllers but with using weapons I think they may be fine on their power regen. Just have to test and find out
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was actually referring to hero/villain factions, but now you say it, everything I said could equally apply to roles, and yeah it could help enormously if everyone got a second armoury for free.
  3. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Earth can play from tray like every other power. The damage is not a priority for support roles so all is fine.
  4. Xinthus Active Player

My only real issue is that, with being a tank, I have to toss away 19 points in dps stuff before I can get to tank stuff to spend my points on while trollers and healers can already spend points in stuff to make them better at their roles. While I get that having tanks be active and fighting is going to be a thing, and I'm totally fine with that, I just feel I should still have the option to beef up my tankiness first, and dps stuff second. I know it's only 19 points, but if people have around 200 SP as a sort of average, that still 1/10 of their entire SP. I'd just love to be able to skip over the two rows of critical attack stuff so I can just jump right in on the health and dominance.
  5. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Additional armory wont' change anything. A lot of ppl just run around & dont know anything even about dps role. First of all this game is needed a good tutorial.
  6. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Actually Crit heal chance\Crit heal magnitude quite useful for tanks... Especially for Rage and Fire.
  7. L T Devoted Player

1. I might be the only one, but I liked the option to buy extra power. it seems dumbed down now
    2. I don't like having to choose a mastery first. I understand the idea behind it, but it seems very limiting. If you're new to the game you won't know what you're getting in to, and that could lead to very frustrating experiences.
    3. Tanks no longer have the option of speccing heavily into defense. That used to be the best way to spend skill points for most tanks.
    • Like x 2
  8. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

You still can, it's just been moved to mods and other stuff:

"Increased the amount of Power granted by mods, generator mods, skill points, consumables, and socket bonuses by 50%"

If you would originally put SP into Power now you can just slot a handful of mixed Power mods instead for significant gains.
  9. 01 Cantore Level 30

What I do not like, is that they have not specified the% of the stats of the shields and support in general, dominion, restoration and defense. You do not know how to calculate the values, since they do not work as before. Before the shield resist with dom + rest now nothing is known. Explain how to calculate all stats.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Those crits didnt help Rage in the last testing because they were designed around our other Stats and situations. Think Fire is the same way but certainly worth looking into again this time around.
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

even worse: IF i choose to PFTT, i am STILL better off with the weapon buff, because fully specced into might (175sp into might/power), i regenerate enough power most of the times to not get out of it, yet i COULD still use weapon attacks if i run out AND IN ADDITION get the weapons dammage buff (even if not very high numbers are produced) and i still get the most advantage of it if i only tap weapon ranged attacks between powers, wich get buffed and are still replenishing power... you understand? the PFTT buff has to much of a backlash because the auto regeneration isn't that much increased anyways and if i run out of power, i have NOTHING to get power back, because the weapon replenish is OFF... i think the weapon only buff is OP, the PFTT has more disatvantage than actually usefullness...
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

PFTT's most basic element is not using weapon attacks. Using abilities and weapons together sounds like a hybrid build, which is a mastery option.
  13. Golden Spartan New Player

@Mepps:

Is ok now to test pvp since the changes are now implemented?
  14. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Not really a fan of COMBINING MIGHT n POWER, but i GET IT.. precision players wont NEED power, but i think SUPPORT ROLES will now suffer not having a POWER stat to invest in.. DONT leave the SUPPORT ROLES PLAYERS behind in FAVOR of DPS devs.. But all in all, 9 out 10 on this update.. couldve been a PERFECT 10 if they thought about support roles regarding, stat allocations..
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

When you think about it, what could they have done? Requiring PFtT to invest into power put it behind damage wise compared to hybrid, so this change bought it more in line. They wont touch the power costs because they use the same baseline for all powers, so if you touch one you need to touch them all which could potentially throw things way out of wack. They could add power to every other stat, but that would overdose on it if you have the skill points to spec multiple innates. This was probably the most logical way to fix the imablance between hybrid and PFtT.

Not to mention nothing is stopping you from speccing into power. The option is still there, you would just get some added might on the side. Nothing that would hurt or hinder your performance.
  16. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

On top of that, the Power gain from mods was increased significantly so if you really want lots of Power then you can easily get that from mods as a supporter.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yep.
    • Like x 1
  18. L T Devoted Player

I thought about that... And concluded that support roles would just choose power mastery and invest a bunch of skill points in might... Which gives power for free.

Now that I type this I wonder if it bodes poorly for controllers?
  19. High Troller Loyal Player

Avair, I'm very thrilled with the progress, but I think you may have battle tanking mixed up. These atomic battle tanks only where about 2 pieces of tank gear on average. The rest is DPS gear. I don't support this type of monkey play style. I hope your team feels the same way.

Just thought I'd clear up what the community describes as battle tanking. Again, I do not support this ruthless play style.
  20. Xinthus Active Player

True if it does work. I'm an earth tank though. I get a minor heal due to stuff like the regenerative healing mod in gloves when I activate my shield, but beyond that, those would be pointless for most of us as a whole.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.